Why become a member? ×

BC meetup @ the London Bass Guitar Show, 03 and 04/03/12

Silvia Bluejay

See you there on Saturday - I think most of you know what I look like so do say hello if you see me - I have no specific places to hang but Mark Bass, Bass Direct and Bass Gear are all on my list and see you at the Doug Wimbish/Jon Thorne masterclasses - cheers M

keep checking the guitarguitar facebook page as we're going to be giving away some great gear on the day from Aguilar, Ashdown, Yamaha and more. (not trying to advertise mods, just want fellow basschatters to have a chance of winning the stuff!) There will be details posted this week of how things can be won!

Wes

[quote name='goblin' timestamp='1329601943' post='1544859']
Looks like I'm going to be parking then, cheaper than a train from Watford that's for sure as there's 2 of us to split it. Would I have to pay congestion charge / how would I go about it? I'll be coming in from the M1 I presume?
[/quote]

there's no congestion charge on weekends - so don't worry about that

M

Looks like I'm going to be parking then, cheaper than a train from Watford that's for sure as there's 2 of us to split it. Would I have to pay congestion charge / how would I go about it? I'll be coming in from the M1 I presume?
[/quote]

No congestion charge on the weekend

[/quote]

Just been thinking about this for you. Your satnav/route planner will most likely take you the following..

M1, Staples Corner, west A404 North Circular, Hanger Lane, east A40 to Hammersmith.

May I suggest the following to avoid any awfulness around Hanger Lane/Westfield Shopping/Hammersmith Flyover...

M1 Staples Corner (The end or beginning of the M1, depending on your point of view)
Follow signs for A5 (Edgeware Road) all the way down thru Cricklewood, Kilburn and Maida Vale to Marble Arch
Right at the end (Marble Arch) go last exit (around MA) onto the Bayswater Road A402.
All the way along thru Holland park, taking a left after HP onto Holland Road (funny water thing here) A3220
Olympia is down here on the right.

With it being a weekend you need to be hitting Marble Arch by 9am, before the start of the shopping traffic

Good luck!

[quote name='blackmn90' timestamp='1330261614' post='1554737']
holy crap its next week! where does the time go.....

also does anyone know when it finishes? time wise
[/quote]The site says 18:00

Booked my show ticket last week and just sorted the train ticket this morning.

Who's going on Sunday?

[quote name='david_l_perry' timestamp='1330349411' post='1555963']
Hope you guys and gals don't forget to come and say Hi to us on the stands.... :)

Myself (EAD) Alan (ACG) and John East (East electronics) are all on the same stand.....

Come for a chat !
[/quote]Ah ha! Will be interested to see your 1x12

Hope you guys and gals don't forget to come and say Hi to us on the stands.... :)

Myself (EAD) Alan (ACG) and John East (East electronics) are all on the same stand.....

Come for a chat !
[/quote]

Christ that is one hell of a stand!

Come for a chat !
[/quote]

will you be providing a bass to try out your cabs or will i have to bring my own?

[quote name='gicut58' timestamp='1330359124' post='1556177']
I'll be there on sunday. Am gigging sat night so if you see someone wandering aimlessly around who looks more than half asleep then that'll be me ;)
[/quote]It could just as easily be me...for exactly the same reason :lol: Mind as that is my normal look, if you knew me you would never know