Why become a member? ×

BC meetup @ the London Bass Guitar Show, 03 and 04/03/12

Silvia Bluejay

Sooo.... quite a number of us are going to be at the show, and it would be great to meet up, either during the show itself or at a pub after the show closes.

I have a ticket for Saturday 03/03; my intention is to get there reasonably early, grab tickets to the performances and masterclasses I'm interested in, then basically walk around, visit the stands etc. as normal.

What do you guys think, should we try and meet up somewhere during the show, or outside in the evening, or even do both?

I think there's drink organised for all the exhibitors with a live band at a nearby pub on the Saturday night.

I had to leave before the band last year but I heard it was good.

I should also say that the BassGear stan will be manned by 3 or 4 Basschatters for the entire weekend :)

Pop by and say hi!

Edited by molan

You bet I will! And if the pub night is open to us ordinary punters too, I'll be happy to come along to that too.

The reason why I thought we might arrange to meet up both at the show and after it is that the performances and masterclasses schedule may not allow all of us to be free at the same time, or for long, during the day. The evening should be all right from that point of view, instead, except for those who have to rush to the station to get home (they may prefer to say hi during the day).

Happy to hear any suggestions from other ticket holders!

I'll be there with my buddies from Hartke! Last year it was fits n' giggles, so no doubt mre of the same this year! I'll be wearing a suit and a red rose on my lapel..... Oh wait, that's a different sort of meet up isn't it? The code phrase is 'rats fly at dawn, the pig is down'.. You haven't seen me right? Tally ho!

Sounds good! So we are opting for visiting your stands or bumping into you (in Ped's case) in a casual way at the show, and then, will anyone else be up for going to the pub after the show? Whether or not there will be an event organised for the exhibitors is irrelevant - if there isn't one, we can still meet up somewhere, if we so wish.

So we'll be visiting the stands where you guys are helping out, both to meet you and obviously to check out the gear, and hopefully by then we'll be able to know where the after-show drink will be held, and whether the rest of us can attend, if I understand correctly.

Any other thought or suggestions?

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1328619297' post='1530031']
So we'll be visiting the stands where you guys are helping out, both to meet you and obviously to check out the gear, and hopefully by then we'll be able to know where the after-show drink will be held, and whether the rest of us can attend, if I understand correctly.

Any other thought or suggestions?
[/quote]

If you want to chum up with another girlie for any part of the day let me know. Maybe we can meet somewhere there. Will there be somewhere you can get cake..? :lol:

I'll PM you later.

S

Would be awesome to grab a beer with you guys!

[quote name='dbass' timestamp='1328610037' post='1529777']
I will helping Mark out on the Bass Direct Stand!!!

It was fun (if slightly louddddddd) last year and the after show party was immense.
[/quote]

Hey! I will be there as well helping out in general and answering any questions about Darkglass pedals!

See you all there!

OK, so this is what we've got so far if we want to know where to bump into people during the day:

[b]Where[/b]
BassDirect -- Dbass, Darkglass
Bassgear -- Molan, TomKent and various others
Hartke -- Dood
Wandering around -- Ped

Feel free to add to the above. Or just post where you'll be and I'll add it to the list.

Bluejay and I will meet up at some point and time tbc, for female bonding. (And if Discreet's reading this that [b]isn't [/b]a euphamism!)

Edited by seashell

Meeting a few/or more Basschatters sounds good to me. As long as we all remember to keep saying 'rats fly at dawn, the pig is down' as recommended by Dood, we`ll either all find each other, or get carted off for our own safety pretty quickly.

Pub afterwards sounds good (though I don`t drink). Will have to think about where to park the car, as was going to Tube it - but if pub after, don`t want to to be messing about on the Tube late at night - too much malarkey.

[quote name='Darkglass' timestamp='1328778960' post='1532408']
Hey! I will be there as well helping out in general and answering any questions about Darkglass pedals!

See you all there!
[/quote]Can either of you make sure there's a long Mono strap left for me on Sunday I need one more and it seems easiest to do it direct there & save the postage. :rolleyes:

Sunday looks the likely day for me & I shall have to remember the badge I made up with an ols BC business card picked up at a BassBash years ago and the laminator (the first & only time I think it has ever been used since MrsW bought it because "[i]it was a bargain[/i]". Gigging Friday & Saturday (I think though it's deps and I [i]still[/i] don't know where <_< ) So Sunday's probably best.