Why become a member? ×

New 2012 Fenders

dan2112

WOW! Such innovation!

They're ever so slightly different to all the other Fenders available & use "new" features that other manufacturers have had as standard for years.

Still, I'm sure there will be long queues of people waiting to spend their wad on them.....both literally & euphemistically.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1325702944' post='1486411']
WOW! Such innovation!

They're ever so slightly different to all the other Fenders available & use "new" features that other manufacturers have had as standard for years.

Still, I'm sure there will be long queues of people waiting to spend their wad on them.....both literally & euphemistically.
[/quote]

They seem markedly different to me.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1325702944' post='1486411']
WOW! Such innovation!

[/quote] can you tell me where you have ever seen a flame maple jazz with blocks thats not custom shop? it got my pants wet

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1325816154' post='1488355']
can you tell me where you have ever seen a flame maple jazz with blocks thats not custom shop? it got my pants wet
[/quote]

That's why I said they're "ever so slightly different" - don't you understand what that means?

I don't class a bit of fancy wood veneer & some different inlays as groundbreaking, innovative or a radical new departure in fenders history - it's just window dressing on the same old sh*te.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1325816460' post='1488356']
this is lurvly.. anyone know the price point on these?
[/quote]
For the Jazz the press release says the "MAP" is $2299.99:
[url="http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2012-fender-introduces-select-series-guitars-and-basses-522166/2"]http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2012-fender-introduces-select-series-guitars-and-basses-522166/2[/url]

[quote name='rumblejunkie' timestamp='1325817846' post='1488361']
the strat and precision bass look gorgeous and i like the sound of carbon reinforcing to the necks too
[/quote]

Carbon reinforcing is standard on MIA Fenders. This seems like a throwback to the Jap photoflame era of the 90s. Goes around, comes around...

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1325850134' post='1488642']
That's why I said they're "ever so slightly different" - don't you understand what that means?

I don't class a bit of fancy wood veneer & some different inlays as groundbreaking, innovative or a radical new departure in fenders history - it's just window dressing on the same old sh*te.
[/quote]erm... ive just seen the price... we are in total agreement.. you have to understand us jazz bass nuts Rhys, we will think different control knobs are something exciting... :D

I have seen the 2012 catalogue and nothing has really sparked for me. More reinventions of the same wheel. Nothing wrong with that because I am a big Fender fan, but I can't help but feel that they haven't moved forward much over the last 10yrs. But, whatever. They have had a successful for formula for decades. Who am I to criticise?

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1325867199' post='1489120']
erm... ive just seen the price... we are in total agreement.. you have to understand us jazz bass nuts Rhys, we will think different control knobs are something exciting... :D
[/quote]

I played a Jazz clone for nearly 20 years so I can sympathise to some extent..... :D