Why become a member? ×

Amplifiers in the home.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1324693757' post='1477181']
Making the most of not having to consider the spousal approval factor while I can.
[/quote]

+1.

In terms of amplification dans la maison, I used to have band practice at my house so hence the oversized rigs. Maybe one day I will have another band and will be able to use them once again.
I can see why you would want to free up as much space as possible Ray, I don't know really. If you're really totally desperate for space then it may be worth a think, but you don't want to rush into doing something you might regret in the future.

Oh, and I forgot - I'm designing my new apartment (if less than 40 square meters can even be called that way) and I've decreed that there will we a special corner for my amp and basses - sound dampening floor, sound dampening mats on the walls behind, 3 jack power socket with on/off switch, light spot and few hooks to hang and properly display my basses. :D

Edited by Immo

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1324827053' post='1477991']
In central london, that is what is known as a "palace".
[/quote]
Yeah, but would you be beaten to death because of boots you're wearing or having long hair? In place where my 'palace' is this is common. :D

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1324693757' post='1477181']
Making the most of not having to consider the spousal approval factor while I can.
[/quote]

This is exactly why I wish I'd got properly into buying gear before settling down. Although I will always claim basically being [i]told [/i]to buy the Retrovibe RV4 as a huge victory,

Amps and cabs live in the van which lives in the garage and only comes out on gig nights (1-2 times weekly). Basses come in the house for the benefit of stable temperature and humidity. Practice is done with headphones.

When I was a student amps would have been a feature but I kind of grew out of needing to show them off when I left uni. Amps are now a tool and if I weren't gigging I'd store them. Never understood people who use massive amps at home. Totally understand tho that I'm lucky to have somewhere secure to keep them when I'm not using them.

Ours used to stand proud in the house when I shared with Sibob (apart from some bits that just had to go in the garage through lack of space), now the missus lives with me the basses are cased upstairs, all the cabs are in the garage, only the heads remain tucked away in the house.

At least it made room for some more essential cushions and candles!! :blink:

I have a line6 lowdown in the livingroom usually with a bass kicking about too. My Orange rig sits in my spare room known as 'daddys room' where it has a pc, swords, nunchuks and the usual boys toys hahaha.

I dont understand why folk are happy to show off their basses and yet dont show the amps the same respect. Yes, they are a tool, however so is the bass if you want to look at it like that.

I love the look of the Orange rig and if I can im gonna try get it into the livingroom on a permanent basses....fingers crossed.

In exchange for being so unbelievably understanding about the permanent 6 inch strata of Lego on the floor (my 9 year old has LAS) and god-knows-what craft stuff all over the place from the Mrs, I get to keep all my gear - including fullstack - in the living room. Its all about compromise in our house. :D