Why become a member? ×

RHCP Live at Slane Castle...!

bubinga5

just saw them at the o2 last night. while he may not be technically the best, one trick pony i hear some say BUT he is awesome live, the energy, passion, expression, funk and attitude is supreme! He is my bass idol for sure. Parallel universe and sir psycho sexy were my highlight!

Rich

Saw them at Glasgow Green on (IIRC) the same tour. They were unbelievable. I've now seen them about 4 times; a couple of gigs (MCFC and MENA) were a bit flat, but the other gigs were some of the best I've seen. I've got the Slaine Castle DVD, bought it when it came out, but every time I try to watch it something interrupts me. The first was the delivery of my custom Alembic, several years back. That was some interruption. :)

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1321035836' post='1434755']
Cool, I plan on buying tickets when they go on sale here next week for the show they will be doing in August. It's going to be a long wait :)
[/quote]

Got mine for Knebworth already! :)

Im going on Tuesday to the Manchester one, Like 4000 I was at the MCFC sportcity one a few years ago and it wasnt the best gig I will be honest, we missed James Brown and the other support (chicks on speed was it?) they got boo'ed off and the atmosphere went down hill from there which was a shame as we we not involved in the booing, I also beleive the booing was justified anyway? The sound system was sh*te too :)

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1321037033' post='1434777']
Got mine for Knebworth already! :)

Im going on Tuesday to the Manchester one, Like 4000 I was at the MCFC sportcity one a few years ago and it wasnt the best gig I will be honest, we missed James Brown and the other support (chicks on speed was it?) they got boo'ed off and the atmosphere went down hill from there which was a shame as we we not involved in the booing, I also beleive the booing was justified anyway? The sound system was sh*te too :)
[/quote]

you gotta give josh a warm welcome. He was cool as f***. His jamming skills were obvious for all to see and most importantly he fused together with flea in an almost hillel kinda way. big respect to him.

Rich

there was loads jamming between songs where theyd go over to one another and play in each others faces and get funky. An amazing guitarist with no apparent ego (yet) makes for a cool collaberation. If the manc shows are anywhere near as good as last night you're in for a treat. i am envious of anyone seeing them next week. be excited, be very excited!

Rich

I saw them at the Birmingham Hummingbird on the Blood Sugar Sex Magic tour and they were awesome, I still remember that gig to this very day! You are right Flea is an awesome bass player.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1321034271' post='1434726']
Just got this DVD.... wasnt really into alot of RHCP's until i saw this DVD... hadnt really listened to a huge amount... This DVD was a cracking purchase.. after a small blunt i watched this all the way through..

now i get how good Flea is..
[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1321052095' post='1435050']
I saw them at the Birmingham Hummingbird on the Blood Sugar Sex Magic tour and they were awesome, I still remember that gig to this very day! You are right Flea is an awesome bass player.
[/quote]

Very jelous of that! I was just a bit too young for that tour, same as Nirvana nevermind tour and still a bit rough by the time inutero was out, see them next year :)

Yeah that was just before they got really big, I had been into them for a while (courtesy of my elder brother) and Mothers Milk is still one of my fave albums by them. I think the Hummingbird probably had a capacity of about 1-2,000 people but could be wrong. The sad thing about that gig though was that John Frusciante was obviously very heavily into the drug thing as he seemed really spaced out, was wheeled onto the side of the stage and then wheeled off at the end, almost like he was in a trance!

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1321052443' post='1435055']
Very jelous of that! I was just a bit too young for that tour, same as Nirvana nevermind tour and still a bit rough by the time inutero was out, see them next year :)
[/quote]

I am of old-fartitude enough to have seen them on the Mother's Milk tour at the Apollo in Manchester, 1990.

Stood, kind of, and moshed, in front of Flea who was on fire. Actually, the whole band was.

And I saw them again this Wednesday at the O2, and I was sat way up high and sat back and watched and took in a great show, bar the technical hitches which actually gave way to lots of jamming, which I liked a lot but the crowd, which I had a great view of, would go flat. Give It Away was amazing with the heaviest ending I've heard for years, I think Flea was using his B*Assmaster. They're still one of my favourite bands.

Glad to see I am not the only old fart on here then!!!

[quote name='mike f' timestamp='1321053554' post='1435068']
I am of old-fartitude enough to have seen them on the Mother's Milk tour at the Apollo in Manchester, 1990.

Stood, kind of, and moshed, in front of Flea who was on fire. Actually, the whole band was.

And I saw them again this Wednesday at the O2, and I was sat way up high and sat back and watched and took in a great show, bar the technical hitches which actually gave way to lots of jamming, which I liked a lot but the crowd, which I had a great view of, would go flat. Give It Away was amazing with the heaviest ending I've heard for years, I think Flea was using his B*Assmaster. They're still one of my favourite bands.
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYGNExNA_HE&feature=player_embedded#!

This is how they ended the gig, love their give it away outro, they put bands in their 20's to shame and theyre pushing 50, amazing. love the jamming at the end. they were like hypnotic snake charmers, couldve stood there all night!

for me chillis will always be chad, flea, john and kiedis

i saw them at earls court on the stadium aracadium tour and they were awesome! josh was on that tour playing second guitar they sounded huge! but it just doesnt work for me without john! plus there new stuff is just not for me.

on the other hand tho flea sounds good on the new stuff!

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1321103551' post='1435385']
for me chillis will always be chad, flea, john and kiedis

i saw them at earls court on the stadium aracadium tour and they were awesome! josh was on that tour playing second guitar they sounded huge! but it just doesnt work for me without john! plus there new stuff is just not for me.

on the other hand tho flea sounds good on the new stuff!
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='gt4ever' timestamp='1321088025' post='1435210']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYGNExNA_HE&feature=player_embedded#[/media]!

This is how they ended the gig, love their give it away outro, they put bands in their 20's to shame and theyre pushing 50, amazing. love the jamming at the end. they were like hypnotic snake charmers, couldve stood there all night!
[/quote]

Interesting to see Flea using GK amps again.

I saw them at O2 on Thursday and I loved it.
It's about the tenth time I've seen them now and although for me as with many others, my ideal line up had Frusciante at the helm it still rocked.
I was amazed at just how much Josh moved / danced / rocked and held himself in such as similar manner as John!!

I went with a few friends and my wife and we've been into the chilis for ages, to the point where we complain bitterly about each new album and state "it's not proper chili peppers, and they're forgetting their roots" but end up loving each album anyway.

Flea was, is and always be my #1 inspiration for playing bass, he really gets me going and I'd hate to think how much time i've spent over the years transcribing every track, track I can get hold of.

The gig was great for me, the kids around me loved the new stuff (some of them stated how they loved the "old school" chili peppers, such as By The Way..... and then proceeded to look at me funny when i jumped around like a loon and sing My & My Friends & Sir Psycho word for word)..

On a personal professional note I noted the exact amount and details of the lighting rig and how it was / wasn't used to it's fullest potential yet the effect of the tracking & moving video screen was amazing.
The effect created by the movement of the screens was both technically & visually stunning. Very clever & great stuff.

I won't be going to the Knebworth gig, I'm just slightly too bitter and grumpy to go to big gigs in fields these days. Arena gigs are ok, Stadium gigs are a pain and festivals / muddy gigs are a no-no... Unless I'm paid to be there of course..

[quote name='allihts' timestamp='1321223868' post='1436776']
Was at their glasgow gig last night! Really great show, amazing to see them indoors too, makes so much difference. Josh's guitar was awfully quiet though.
[/quote]

He's no John.. I think he is trying to be his own man, which is fine, but John had more edge... for me the Chillis are f***y, Rocky and Edgey.. back to the power trio (musically speaking)

Slane Castle is an awesome DVD..