Why become a member? ×

STOLEN!! Please be aware!*NOW RECOVERED!!*

aidanhallbass

Hi

Unfortunately after a gig last week my car was broken into. The thieving scum stole my Hartke LH1000 head in a 3u flightcase and brand new GT10b which I am still paying off!! Luckily the head is covered by insurance but the GT10B wasn't so I'm £350 down. They left my two cabs tho.

So if anyone sees any of these two items being offered for sale anywhere please bear me in mind!

Edited by aidanhallbass

[quote name='aidanhallbass' timestamp='1320053310' post='1421524']I'm in Sheffield but they could be anywhere now!! I only have the serial number for the Hartke its LH108D00775. Thanks.[/quote]

heya dude, i'm in sheffield to, i'll keep an eye out. guessing best bet would be to check out rovrum

I am not a gigging bassist and it is unlikely I ever will be, but I'm going to get my camera now and start taking pictures. Sorry for your gear loss and I hope you get it back undamaged, and thank you for the reminder to be prepared for the worst.

EDIT: Done. One photo also picked up the glint of the uv-visible writing I put on the headstock of my Westone many, many years ago, so I should look for one of those pens and perhaps discreetly mark everything else.

Edited by Mr H

That is terrible news.

Think i'll go photograph everything now as I keep putting it off...

Hope you get it back, is there anyway you can email cash convertors etc. to at least have the serial logged etc.

Could it end up at Electromusic Donny? If they are clever enough they'll realise its decent kit and try and get better money from trade in at a music shop over cash convertors.

Facking bastards.

Thanks everyone for your comments.. It is a really bad experience but I am so glad I took out specific insurance for my gear. I have since discovered that neither my home insurance OR car insurance would have covered me!! My advice is to always check that your gear is sufficiently covered - you never know when you might need it! Didnt cover my GT10b in time tho so I've lost out on that, and I'm going to be paying £35 per month for the next 8 months for nothing!

I spoke to mine specifically (barclays) the only issue for 'out of the house items' is if I was using them for work.

My camera is therefore insured separately whilst I now get paid for jam nights, with the same people, with a predetermined 'jam' list, and a PA that happened to be made from the exact parts each jam member brought along. :)

If you're covering your gear on your Home Insurance.

1: It falls under Personal Belongings/Possesions.
2: Quite often it will only cover about £1-2k if stolen from a vehicle & quite often will only cover in a vehicle if the vehicle is locked & the items are in a concealed boot (IIRC Barclays is £1500).
3: check if it covers whilst you're gigging. Some will cover so long as you don't get paid, some you need to state business use & specify your gear & others won't cover you at all.
4: Making a claim WILL put your policy up next renewal (or if your renewal is close to the claim date, it could be anytime within 10 months) & there's usually an excess to pay.

The good thing is, it's usually relatively cheap to cover gear on home insurance.

[quote name='citymariner' timestamp='1320181781' post='1423550']
I spoke to mine specifically (barclays) the only issue for 'out of the house items' is if I was using them for work.

My camera is therefore insured separately whilst I now get paid for jam nights, with the same people, with a predetermined 'jam' list, and a PA that happened to be made from the exact parts each jam member brought along. :)
[/quote]
If you want your camera covered for business use with Barclays, they can now do it (if your policy # starts with MHO or renewed after May 4th 2011). All they do is specify it & add a clause.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1320188656' post='1423684']
If you want your camera covered for business use with Barclays, they can now do it (if your policy # starts with MHO or renewed after May 4th 2011). All they do is specify it & add a clause.
[/quote]

I'll let this policy run out first.

I must admit to Barclays being very helpful, I named all my stuff and their value, how much would be out the house and what they will be used for.

They did say that if you are being paid in the sense of a few beers and petrol I'd be fine. A proper wage as such would void the policy.

[url="http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/411870/boss-gt-10b-bass-effects-unit"]http://www.cashconverters.co.uk/auction-item/411870/boss-gt-10b-bass-effects-unit[/url]

Dirty Thieving Scum.. the above is my pedalboard AND on visiting the store, there sat on a shelf was my amp. so I am a happy bunny now. I have my stuff back!

Police are arresting the kid who brought the stuff in today.