Why become a member? ×

Any good ideas folks

vmaxblues

Hi guys,

We have been trying a new set up on stage over the last couple of gigs which is causing me an issue.

Basically, the guitarist has an extension cab which is over my side of the stage and I have now split my rig so that I have one of my Markbass 1 x 15"s over his side, apparently this improves the overall sound out front which is great.

Problem for me is that I now cant hear my sound like I have got used to it and dont want to crank up the volume as it will blast too much out front.

My one thought was to elevate the cab on my side of the stage somehow. But all the stands I have seen so far tend to lean the cab backwards which is no use to me as I put the amp on the top of the cab. So I need some form of stand which will be flaf and also should be able to pack down reasonably small for transportation.

My cabs are Markbass 1 x 15" travellers, so pretty light and not too big.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers All

Foldable boxes are great, but often not so strong so just make sure they`ll take the weight.
If you are unsure about the boxes, try an X type keyboard stand,that`ll take more than enough weight,packs down to nowt and is height adjustable.
If it`s too wide for your box at the height you want, use a guitar case or bit of black ply across the top.
MM

The Giraffe stands can be set level so you can use a head & cab. I bought one and it worked fine with a Schroeder 1212r (the heavier one at 50lb) and a LMII.

They're not perfect - i would prefer a second clamp so the pressure is distributed evenly over both sides - but absolutely. fine for not-too-heavy cabs. I actually had to reattach the top part on back to front so it would sit level but it makes no difference to the overall appearance or function.

I don't know if they're being produced any more but this looks identical:
http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/music/typeproducts2.asp?id=4599-6196&ref=base

It's unlikely to improve the sound out front that much if you can't really hear yourself. I would suggest alternating approaches to see what makes you feel happiest.

Failing that, stand at the front of the stage in the middle so you can hear both cabs :)

[quote name='Doddy' timestamp='1317083847' post='1386607']
In ear monitors?
[/quote]

Better monitoring is a good shout - even if you don't want to stretch to running an in-ear setup, a powered wedge in front of you with a feed from your amps line-out will probably be a huge step in the right direction, without impacting too much on the sound out front.