Why become a member? ×

1965 Playmate Of The Year

99ster

A treat for all you vintage lovers out there...
Following on from the lovely '1966 Playmate Of The Year' ([url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1543"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1543[/url]) - here we have her gorgeous older sister!
My latest purchase - a very special 1965 L series Fender Jazz - 100% original. And clean as a whistle.
Enjoy!
:)

[attachment=607:_65_jazz...ll_front.jpg]

[attachment=608:65_jazz_...y_angle1.jpg]

[attachment=609:65_jazz_...y_angle2.jpg]

[attachment=610:65_jazz_...y_angle3.jpg]

[attachment=611:65_jazz_...ols_zoom.jpg]

[attachment=612:65_jazz_fretboard.jpg]

Edited by 99ster

That's just beautiful, the perfect bass as far as I'm concerned, and the same age as me too. My "Dream" bass now is a vintage Fender, Jazz or Precision, probably a good 70's model, anything older is out of my price range. If I came into some cash, that'd be what I'd be looking for. You lucky bugger.

[quote name='Sibob' post='15679' date='Jun 11 2007, 04:04 PM']That's beautiful!!!
Where did you manage to find that? Bet it cost a pretty-penny!

Nice one dude!

Si[/quote]

Thanks guys!
That has taken me a LONG time to find...many months of rejecting other 1965's (& other years) until I was finally offered this one. Also looked at buying some from the US - but there's no difference in the price when you add on duty, vat & shipping.
And I wish I could say I got it for a bargain price - but they don't exist...there are no 'bargains' for one in this condition.
So I did cost me a LOT of money.... :huh:
But it's what I've alway wanted - & makes a beautiful pair with my mint 66 Precision.

I may well sell my very nice '72 sunburst Jazz now...not sure how much interest that would get here?

Many congratulations. Your patience has paid off in a big way. That is a truly magnificent example of a pre-CBS Jazz. May you have all health to enjoy it for many years to come.

Edited by Hutton

[quote name='Hutton' post='15738' date='Jun 11 2007, 05:08 PM']Many congratulations. Your patience has paid off in a big way. That is a truly magnificent example of a pre-CBS Jazz. May you have all health to enjoy it for many years to come.[/quote]

Many thanks for your kind words Hutton - much appreciated!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='15898' date='Jun 11 2007, 09:08 PM']Fab is the word can u repeat the PB pics and perhaps a shot of the two playmates laying on a bed together![/quote]

I have had a few requests for another session with 'Miss 1966' - so I may well have to do that...
But both together at the same time?
I don't know if I can cope with that!!!

99ster,

Where the hell did you find that Jazz..... what an amazin' condition it's in...... 100% original and bleedin' 'ell it's in better nick than my '63 refin!

You jammy..... erm.... bassist, and isn't your '66 Precision 100% orig. and in ex. cond. as well?

(Envious) Mart

[quote name='Sibob' post='15943' date='Jun 11 2007, 10:19 PM']Definately needs to be seen! :-D

Si[/quote]

Here you go...
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1543"]1966 Playmate Of The Year![/url]

Edited by 99ster

[quote name='woodenshirt' post='15960' date='Jun 11 2007, 10:55 PM']99ster,

Where the hell did you find that Jazz..... what an amazin' condition it's in...... 100% original and bleedin' 'ell it's in better nick than my '63 refin!

You jammy..... erm.... bassist, and isn't your '66 Precision 100% orig. and in ex. cond. as well?

(Envious) Mart[/quote]

Where did I find it?
It came from France - after many months of patient searching... & VERY large dent in my bank account.
My 66 Precision is probably in even better condition - basically mint.

Another simply stunning example of a bass! This is how they should look IMO!

May you have many happy years of playing it! [color="#AFEEEE"][size=1]After which you'll sell it to me at a knockdown rate, as you have played it for so many years and have subsequently felt like a change.[/size][/color]