Why become a member? ×

Vintage Troubel - Nobody told Me

bassfan

Hi All,

After seeing Vintage Trouble Live (supporting bootsy at Indigo)I bought the album.

It's very rare that I play an album so much.. It's really good. Soulful. Melodic. Some great Bass lines.. (there's a couple of tracks I am less fond of but generally I'd give it a 9 out of 10!)

Take some time today and have a look at them on Youtube... you may find a new band you like!

Anyway that said... i really like their new song - Nobody told me. Some of you guys and gals have very discerning ears... could someone please tell me the key it's played in.. i think it's A.. could be wrong.... I'm crap at transcribing songs!

Cheers!! :)

Edited by bassfan

[quote name='bassfan' post='1339618' date='Aug 14 2011, 02:03 PM']Hi All,

After seeing Vintage Trouble Live (supporting bootsy at Indigo)I bougt the album.

It's very rare that I play an album so much.. It's really good. Soulful. Melodic. Some great Bass lines.. (there's a couple of tracks I am less fond of but generally I'd give it a 9 out of 10!)

Take some time today and have a look at them on Youtube... you may find a new band you like!

Cheers!! :)[/quote]

Thanks for that. They're great. The singer has a nice touch of Otis Redding in his voice.

Nobody Told Me is one of the best songs I've heard in the last 20 years or so, and it's definitely in A.

I've seen them 8 or 9 times since April and have been fortunate enough spend some time with them. Great band and great guys too.

Rick Barrio Dill has a fantastic bass tone. He was using a Marcus Miller Jazz (run passive) through an Aguilar rig,but he's just got a Fender endorsement and is now using a very nice White Blonde Vintage 57 P-Bass (pics will follow when I get home)
[url="http://twitpic.com/5tgow8"]Vintage Trouble Vintage 57[/url]

They should be back in the UK next month. Definitely worth seeing.

Edited by TransistorBassMan

Saw them on Jools Holland months ago & thought that they were excellent then. Have heard some more & will more than likely check out the album.
Ty Taylor (singer) was one of the finalists in the VHI comp to find the new singer with INXS about 5 years ago & he was very good & adaptable, as he had to perform quite a few different styles of song for the competition. We (the wife & myself) were surprised he didn't go further then and wondered what happened to him until VT surfaced.

Ok, This is how I'm hearing it. I hope it makes sense as I'm doing it from memory. I was unsure about a couple of things, but Nalle from the band confirmed them for me.

There are basically two sequences:

[b]A C#m7 D/F# Dm/F [/b] for the verses (the last line of each verse doesn't go to the Dm)

[b]D A D A D A E[/b] for the chourses (the E is held for a couple of bars at the end of the 2nd and 3rd choruses)

The verse sequence is used again towards the end "Everyday is getting heavier and heavier"

The outro[b] A C#m7 D B D A[/b]

• 3 months later...

[quote name='99ster' timestamp='1313343612' post='1339876']
And [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scpK0HhHokg"]this is quite incredible[/url]....

[/quote]

BRUDDY HELL! - That's perfect, it's got everything - space, tight as a duck's chuff, feeling etc. etc. (I'll stop going on)

Thanx for introducing this band to me..........

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this topic I booked tickets to see Vintage Trouble in Cardiff last night.

And........ they had a few good numbers but waaaaaaay too much filler material.
It sounded like a lot of the songs were written for Middle America and I was blanded out by halfway into the gig.
It wasn't helped by the fact that me and Mrs pup were told to f*ck off by some nice respectable-looking chaps who obviously don't like dancing at gigs! :blink: