Why become a member? ×

FT: 1971 Fender Precision (Factory fretless) WITHDRAWN

wateroftyne

Hi all

I always said this bass would stay with me forever - I've had it for years and I love it. It'll probably not go anywhere, but you never know.

One of the first - Feb '71... Rare Raven PBR-1 Active preamp (no mods required - it just dropped in). It currently has a lovely replacement Allparts unlined ebony neck with correct decal, as I really don't want to wear out the beautiful rosewood of the original. [b]Of course the original factory fretless neck would be supplied along with the bass[/b]. I'll post photos of it with the original neck when I dig them out.

I am ONLY interested in letting this go as part of a trade for a 4-string Eminence or NS Design EUB. That's it - nothing else will be entertained. :)

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1307182' date='Jul 17 2011, 10:40 PM']Me neither..!

I've missed out on a couple of gigs recently 'cos I don't play DB, so... needs must.[/quote]

Must be pretty good gigs to get rid of that baby :)

Jez

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='1308485' date='Jul 18 2011, 10:03 PM'][attachment=85076:Mrs_bass_slb100.jpg]

Mrs Bassman insists that I move something on, now if you fancy a Yamaha in a trade I could sneak the fender in and she might not notice it! :)[/quote]
Then you would have to sell me back my old P/J fretless, Keith, or Mrs Bassman would spot two very similar basses like an eagle spying bunnies in a field :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1308488' date='Jul 18 2011, 10:05 PM']Then you would have to sell me back my old P/J fretless, Keith, or Mrs Bassman would spot two very similar basses like an eagle spying bunnies in a field :)[/quote]

[b][i]SHHHHHHH!!!![/i][/b] :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1307182' date='Jul 17 2011, 10:40 PM']Me neither..!

I've missed out on a couple of gigs recently 'cos I don't play DB, so... needs must.[/quote]

it's all transient WOT , this time next year they'll sack ya cos your Fenderless, get a Stagg till it all passes :)

[quote name='slobluesine' post='1308500' date='Jul 18 2011, 10:14 PM']it's all transient WOT , this time next year they'll sack ya cos your Fenderless :)[/quote]

+1, pick up an old DB for a couple of hundred. If it won't fit in the car, stick it on the roof

FGS don't get a Stagg though :)

[quote name='slobluesine' post='1308500' date='Jul 18 2011, 10:14 PM']it's all transient WOT , this time next year they'll sack ya cos your Fenderless, get a Stagg till it all passes :)[/quote]
+1
Dont do it, you will regret it!