Why become a member? ×

coolest glasto bass??

cycrowave

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1284500' date='Jun 27 2011, 07:16 PM']Yeah that's a new ClassicRay, Nice ain't it? :)[/quote]

And I've put my fretted neck back on and now I don't like it. Much prefer the Stingray as a fretless, or at least in my hands :)

Edited by Linus27

Bakithi Kumalo's Old Washburn SB-40 fretless, he used it on a couple of tracks.

He's replaced the old White Washburn pickups and chrome hardware with SD Basslines and Black Harware.

I wish Washburn would issue this bass again, maybe as a Tribute/Sig model for him, as it sounds unbelievable on the Graceland album and the concert for Africa gig.

I think the mods he's done have tastefully updated it's look, and it still sounds ace.

Bassasin has one of these, fretted...I've nicked his picture (Sorry!) and I'm still ultra jealous.

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='merello' post='1284630' date='Jun 27 2011, 09:14 PM']Me too! Great sound from it - that's progress![/quote]
[url="http://www.shergold.co.uk/gallery.html?item_id=34"]http://www.shergold.co.uk/gallery.html?item_id=34 hayman 4040://http://www.shergold.co.uk/gallery.h...4 hayman 4040[/url]

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1284705' date='Jun 27 2011, 10:18 PM']damm i got fooled into thinking it was a pre by the headstock :)[/quote]
If it has a fret marker at the 21st fret it's not a pre EB :lol: same usually goes for most touched by Leo basses before buyouts, pre EB , Pre CBS (some only got 20 frets anyway) and he did it again with early G&L basses. Everyday is a school day :)

Don't know what it was, but the guy from the Eels, may have been a short scale as well.

Scratch that, must have been a different band, he was playing a black p-bass with a maple neck. Oooops. Nice though :)

DOUBLE EDIT: no, I was right, end of the set he was playing something else. Not overly cool but different which is cool in itself, and what a beard :)

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='1284624' date='Jun 27 2011, 09:12 PM']Bakithi Kumalo's Old Washburn SB-40 fretless, he used it on a couple of tracks.

Bassasin has one of these, fretted...I've nicked his picture (Sorry!) and I'm still ultra jealous.[/quote]

very nice, uncle mat strikes again

So no-one decided to make a real statement and play a Steinberger XL2A? Bunch of pussies... :)

Jon Shuker told me once that Bakithi Kumalo approached him once asking for free instruments in exchange for an endorsement deal. History shows how receptive Jon was. :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='1283705' date='Jun 27 2011, 09:07 AM']Might be a daft question and probably covered elsewhere, but why did Plan B's bassist have the logo of his bass taped over, was he otherwise in breach of an endorsement deal or something?[/quote]

FWIW maybe it was some kind of thing about/against Fender, as the guitarist with the 335 was using a Fender amp (poss a 65 Twin Reissue)
with the logo blanked off on the speaker cloth and also on the front panel.
Strange.......

[quote name='casapete' post='1285895' date='Jun 28 2011, 11:32 PM']FWIW maybe it was some kind of thing about/against Fender, as the guitarist with the 335 was using a Fender amp (poss a 65 Twin Reissue)
with the logo blanked off on the speaker cloth and also on the front panel.
Strange.......[/quote]

From a random selection of videos, there seemed to be a general dearth of Fenders in most of the bands at Glasto compared to my expectations - Was that a Les Paul Bass in White Lies?

... Probably not appropriate for a bass forum, but The Kills sounded excellent! :)

Edited by jmstone