Why become a member? ×

No Glasto 'Look at that Bass!' Thread Yet?

merello

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='1281720' date='Jun 25 2011, 12:28 AM']Mani really looked wired, but the Epi sounded fantastic.[/quote]

He was wired the lucky bugger !

[quote name='JTUK' post='1282507' date='Jun 25 2011, 09:41 PM']Really really missing the point if you think it is just a matter of taste... but I shouldn't be surprised.[/quote]

I'm with you on the whole U2 thing.

Why don't you all join in with my new game ' Will it be P or a J next' :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1282552' date='Jun 25 2011, 10:53 PM']Janelle Monae is the first thing I have enjoyed so far incredibly funky.

Stingray BTW[/quote]

Jesse J for me..with the little girl

How a 'new' performer had the bottle and the ability to pull that off at her biggest gig as yet (IIRC) was something else..IMO.

[quote name='Prosebass' post='1282523' date='Jun 25 2011, 10:05 PM']He was wired the lucky bugger !

I'm with you on the whole U2 thing.

Why don't you all join in with my new game ' Will it be P or a J next' :lol:[/quote]

I'd switched over/off by then.. :) :)

[quote name='wez' post='1282606' date='Jun 25 2011, 11:38 PM']What the H has the singer of Glasvegas got attached to his mic, looks like a hosepipe![/quote]
I would guess it's the speaker tube for a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talkbox"]talkbox[/url].

[quote name='BigRedX' post='1282623' date='Jun 25 2011, 11:49 PM']I would guess it's the speaker tube for a [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talkbox"]talkbox[/url].[/quote]
I did think that at first but never seen a tube that long for one

[quote name='cycrowave' post='1281747' date='Jun 25 2011, 12:53 AM']on the topic of modern soul, john legend is actually pretty good[/quote]

Does anybody listen to Solar Radio. Sky channel 0129. Especially Saturday mornings with Ginger Tony? He plays modern soul and the male artists that sing are better than John Legend, who I do like. Also Tower of Power are still touring. I'd give a bollock to see them.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1282552' date='Jun 25 2011, 09:53 PM']Janelle Monae is the first thing I have enjoyed so far incredibly funky.

Stingray BTW[/quote]

pre ernie ;-)

Did anyone see if Skepta made it onto TV? my mate was playing drums and from the pics hes put on facebook it looks amazing!!

[quote name='urb' post='1282395' date='Jun 25 2011, 07:43 PM']Tinie Tempah bass dude is called Rick James - monster player from London, he's got a Streamer 6 string, he was in BGM recently and plays around town a bit in various bands - he's endorsed by Mark Bass - good to see a guy like him doing the big stages, he's a killing jazz funk player.[/quote]

Oh yeah big time. I used to see him regularly with Pete Ray Biggin when they played up in Birmingham before they broke big time on to the London session scene. I think the first time I recall Rick getting expose was in Daniel Beddingfields video for "I can't read you". Not that it really shows his skills off, if you can get to see him let him rip, it's certainly an education, especially with Pete.

[quote name='JTUK' post='1282608' date='Jun 25 2011, 11:38 PM']Jesse J for me..with the little girl

How a 'new' performer had the bottle and the ability to pull that off at her biggest gig as yet (IIRC) was something else..IMO.[/quote]

+1 - just watched the highlights this morning, great stuff.

I'm also enjoying Gaslight Anthem.

[quote name='wez' post='1281708' date='Jun 25 2011, 12:15 AM']He was blowing on his hands at one point must be cold there. he's a very underated player imo.[/quote]
Naa,.. very overrated IMO
lumpy, giftless,cakhanded, funkless,fluffer.
...funny though, maybe thats how Gary Mountfield ( for this is his name) gets the gig.
"up" there with Clayton

[quote name='witterth' post='1282942' date='Jun 26 2011, 12:35 PM']Naa,.. very overrated IMO
lumpy, giftless,cakhanded, funkless,fluffer.
...funny though, maybe thats how Gary Mountfield ( for this is his name) gets the gig.
"up" there with Clayton[/quote]

Have you heard Second Coming??

Fluffer? How's that?

Lumpy?, bit heightist isnt it?

Funkless?, is he in a funkband? Err No

Anyway, its Mounfield, not Mountfield!! Tut Tut.

:)