Why become a member? ×

I can feel myself falling towards a precision

jakenewmanbass

[quote name='Marvin' post='1278743' date='Jun 22 2011, 04:54 PM']Can I assume, and for once I'm being serious, that you feel a P-Bass is a bit like a blank piece of paper on which you can create what you want.

Yes I know that sounds ridiculous but hope you get the drift. :)[/quote]
It's just a sound I hear a lot, and when deciding what would sit well in a track I sometimes think 'hmmm a P would fill this one's ass very well' :)

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='jakesbass' post='1278763' date='Jun 22 2011, 05:09 PM']It's just a sound I hear a lot, and when deciding what would sit well in a track I sometimes think 'hmmm a P would fill this one's ass very well' :)[/quote]
Hhhmmmm. My prognosis is, you may simply have GAS :)

[quote name='molan' post='1278881' date='Jun 22 2011, 05:48 PM']Good point - both of mine are running of flats at the moment & they sound really nice :)[/quote]

surely you need two, one with flats and one with rounds ;-)

Other thing is, because they are such simple instruments as long as the feel is right and decent woods are used changing the pickups can make a massive difference.

[quote name='SteveK' post='1278856' date='Jun 22 2011, 06:27 PM']Jake, I'm surprised that you've never been asked, by a producer, if you have a Precision.
I know a couple of guys who favour that (retro?) sound.[/quote]
Steve, I've always just found that Fender... or summat else will do.
The minute I get past the "how is that" bit of the conversation they are happy, because both basses sound great.

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='1278800' date='Jun 22 2011, 05:54 PM']Jake, will your forthcoming P have flats on it?[/quote]

Damn, I've just come hear to ask that question and you beat me to it. Now, I'm going to have to think of a new question. It took me long enough to think of the last one :):):)

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='1279453' date='Jun 23 2011, 10:44 AM']forgive my ignorance..this 62 reissue of which you speak...is it CIJ/MIJ/USA?[/quote]

Fullertons were early '80s MIA.

Jake, get a fretless Precision. Does everything a fretted can and a whole lot more