Why become a member? ×

Ken Smith and customer service ?

tournesol74

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1267816' date='Jun 13 2011, 08:08 PM']THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SITE FOR BASS ENTHUSIASTS, EXPENSIVE BASSES, CHEAP BASSES, WHATEVER , ALL I CAN SEE IS GUYS LOOKING AT PICS AND MAKING COMMENTS ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, ITS A WASTE OF TIM ADVERTISING ON HERE AS FAR AS I CAN SEE. IS THERE REALLY ANY POINT IN HAVING A FOR SALE SECTION?????? CHEERS KEN[/quote]
*now* it has the lot....

Am I correct in think that the Post from skidder652003 was in reply to a private email to Ken ??
If so I have to hold my hands up and say that's very dodgy behaviour. What is said in a private response to an email should be just that - private. Not for general posting.

Just my opinion but I'm probably wrong.

I also agree with previous postings saying Ken Smith came across quite well. In fact his point was proven over again by one of us Only when things got a little out of hand did he start to get a little - and I mean a little - tetchy

Me ??? I'd have been on here with chainsaw playing keepy up with a good few heads !!

S

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='1267879' date='Jun 13 2011, 08:56 PM']Am I correct in think that the Post from skidder652003 was in reply to a private email to Ken ??
If so I have to hold my hands up and say that's very dodgy behaviour. What is said in a private response to an email should be just that - private. Not for general posting.

I also agree with previous postings saying Ken Smith came across quite well. In fact his point was proven over again by one of us Only when things got a little out of hand did he start to get a little - and I mean a little - tetchy

Me ??? I'd have been on here with chainsaw playing keepy up with a good few heads !!

S[/quote]

Totally agree. PM's should be private. I had a spat with a certain member some time ago about this.

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='1267879' date='Jun 13 2011, 08:56 PM']Am I correct in think that the Post from skidder652003 was in reply to a private email to Ken ??

S[/quote]

I would say Ken Smith has sent a cheque but do you know how much that'd cost to send?

Am I right to think this is all about a user buying a discontinued Burner model privately and wanted KS to provide replacement parts that had been broken.....???

The parts amounted to about $10 but the post was deemed OTT and not to the OP's liking..?

Ok..he might be a touch miffed that he couldn't source them directly for a price he wanted to pay...but these are generally available parts from elsewhere and a decent tech would sort it all..???

[quote name='JTUK' post='1267921' date='Jun 13 2011, 09:24 PM']Am I right to think this is all about a user buying a discontinued Burner model privately and wanted KS to provide replacement parts that had been broken.....???

The parts amounted to about $10 but the post was deemed OTT and not to the OP's liking..?

Ok..he might be a touch miffed that he couldn't source them directly for a price he wanted to pay...but these are generally available parts from elsewhere and a decent tech would sort it all..???[/quote]

It was the postage quote he took exception to.

ok.... get someone else to fix it...the parts were never exclusive to KS were they..??

Big fuss about not a lot, IMO. If it were me... I might be unimpressed but just go elsewhere.
I think someone posted that a UPS quote was ballpark correct..???

I really don't see it being worth x number of pages, though.

[quote name='JTUK' post='1267936' date='Jun 13 2011, 09:34 PM']ok.... get someone else to fix it...the parts were never exclusive to KS were they..??

Big fuss about not a lot, IMO. If it were me... I might be unimpressed but just go elsewhere.
I think someone posted that a UPS quote was ballpark correct..???

I really don't see it being worth x number of pages, though.[/quote]
Some of the pages were also about being told there was a $300 minimum spend which Ken has told us was a mistake and Vibrating G String being told he was an idiot (or stupid?) by Ken after Ken sent the wrong strings. Just Sayin'

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='Beedster' post='1267657' date='Jun 13 2011, 06:27 PM']Sorry, are you joking, a bloke who's been a member five minutes has more say than a lot of long standing members. You after an endorsement?[/quote]

[quote name='Beedster' post='1267667' date='Jun 13 2011, 06:32 PM']Oh man, you're bringing tears to my eyes, stop it[/quote]

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1267721' date='Jun 13 2011, 07:02 PM']I can't mate... Dramatic is my middle name.[/quote]

Both of mine would have been better with smilies after them, apologies pantherairsoft

C

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1267951' date='Jun 13 2011, 09:44 PM']Some of the pages were also about being told there was a $300 minimum spend which Ken has told us was a mistake and Vibrating G String being told he was an idiot by Ken after Ken sent the wrong strings. Just Sayin'[/quote]

I read some of it..... though I couldn't go to 15 pages and counting..!!!

I generally do think that mistakes happen and if you want that mistake rectified..you don't go off on one too soon into the transaction....just don't compound that 'mistake' again...if you feel so strongly about it.
I also think that dealing with the U.S brings pluses and minuses with the price breaks... I have a part being replaced by warranty, for example, from the U.S. It is taking its time but we will get there in the end...post is a cost to me..!!

I would have gotten a local tech to sort this out..and if he couldn't then that tech isn't the right man for the job.

I am not sure it was worth this trashing..IMO.

[quote name='Beedster' post='1267968' date='Jun 13 2011, 09:55 PM']Both of mine would have been better with smilies after them, apologies pantherairsoft

C[/quote]

No worries. I never even noticed that first comment... That'll teach me for walking into threads and not reading every post :) If I had read it before now I'd of replied 'No thanks, I'm happy with Roscoe'. :)

Shep

[quote name='JTUK' post='1267936' date='Jun 13 2011, 09:34 PM']ok.... get someone else to fix it...the parts were never exclusive to KS were they..??[/quote]

Nope.
I supplied a link to the French RS Components page with a suitable replacement part on it.
It was the 15th post in the thread - we are now almost at post 300... :)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1267981' date='Jun 13 2011, 10:06 PM']No worries. I never even noticed that first comment... That'll teach me for walking into threads and not reading every post :) If I had read it before now I'd of replied 'No thanks, I'm happy with Roscoe'. :)

Shep[/quote]

Touché :lol:

[quote name='purpleblob' post='1267851' date='Jun 13 2011, 08:42 PM']I don't really see myself as a "bob", I have my heart set on slimyblob for some strange reason.[/quote]
Slimybob's good.

Just keep your avatar in place for a month or so to ease the transition. Too much change sets off my impetigo.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1267837' date='Jun 13 2011, 08:31 PM']He was rude and arrogant in places.[/quote]
:D YMMV and you're entitled to your etc. Though if a bunch of complete strangers started posting somewhere that I was a chiselling con-artist - and I wasn't - I'd be taking an entirely different tack than that - er - taken by ol' Ken. Jesus, it's his livelihood we've been trashing here, never mind his name.

Doesn't matter that - ooh, look at us, we're [i]the customers [/i]la-di-dah. Does that mean he's got to suck up [i]any [/i]abuse we chuck at him, even if we're ignorant of the background facts?

Fair play to yer man for dialling it right back. I wouldn't have. Trust me :) :) :lol:

Edited by skankdelvar