Why become a member? ×

Bass Cellar

ras52

[quote name='ras52' post='1250738' date='May 30 2011, 08:30 PM']I was in the Bass Cellar yesterday and it was 1/2 empty of stock...?[/quote]

Nah, it's actually a clever marketing ploy so that all the slappers and fretw***ers have more room to show off in.

Apparently, when someone chooses to "demonstrate their skills", a gang of screeching girls appears from nowhere and flocks around the potential customer.

This helps to support the customer's delusion that their "skills" attract ladies, in turn increasing the chance of a sale by nearly 150%.

True story.

If you haven't been in there for a while (say a year or two) then it will feel empty compared to the way it used to be. They cut down sharply on the amount of stock on display, giving more space for people to move around.

Or has it just had a lot of stuff removed in the last few days?

[quote name='skej21' post='1250750' date='May 30 2011, 08:38 PM']Nah, it's actually a clever marketing ploy so that all the slappers and fretw***ers have more room to show off in.

Apparently, when someone chooses to "demonstrate their skills", a gang of screeching girls appears from nowhere and flocks around the potential customer.

This helps to support the customer's delusion that their "skills" attract ladies, in turn increasing the chance of a sale by nearly 150%.

True story.[/quote]

Sounds like my sort of place :)

[quote name='skej21' post='1250750' date='May 30 2011, 08:38 PM']Nah, it's actually a clever marketing ploy so that all the slappers and fretw***ers have more room to show off in.

True story.[/quote]

That would actually work. Let's open up a store! :)

I was in there on Friday, "just looking". I think the place is better laid out with less stock and more room to move.

I had a helpful and cheerful assistant ask me if he could help. Maybe they've been reading some of the BC posts about them.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1250885' date='May 30 2011, 09:30 PM']I was in there on Friday, "just looking". I think the place is better laid out with less stock and more room to move.

I had a helpful and cheerful assistant ask me if he could help. Maybe they've been reading some of the BC posts about them.[/quote]

i think you were in the wrong store ;-)

I'm wondering if the building work on the cross rail project is impacting the area. I walked up from Trafalgar Square and up Totenham Court Road last Sunday and the Denmark Street area was desolate. The works practically cut Charing Cross road off from Oxford Street and anything north. You have to make quite a deour. No passing trade?

[quote name='Rich' post='1252197' date='May 31 2011, 11:11 PM']Yes, you could call it The Root-Five Emporium :) :)[/quote]

Or 'Low Down and Dirty', as there will be basses and groupies :lol:

Edited by skej21

[quote name='TimR' post='1252467' date='Jun 1 2011, 10:54 AM']I'm wondering if the building work on the cross rail project is impacting the area. I walked up from Trafalgar Square and up Totenham Court Road last Sunday and the Denmark Street area was desolate. The works practically cut Charing Cross road off from Oxford Street and anything north. You have to make quite a deour. No passing trade?[/quote]

I think business is pretty much as usual from my experience, however... I was in The Gallery on saturday, having a chat with the guy who works there (not Martin, sorry don't know his name). I mentioned that the BC was pretty uninspiring these days, he said there's a danger that the Crossrail work will affect the north side of Denmark St, and that the guy who owns the BC and other shops is consolidating stock to move into shops on the other side of the road and the surrounding area "just in case".

As much as the Bass Cellar isn't that much these days, it'd be terrible to see the entire row of shops vanish into a railway station :)

True story.[/quote]
I'm sure bass cellar is full of screaming girls who need a change of underwear after hearing some slap...
It's more than likely the few who walk past the hot drummer shop and go in the bass cellar will be thinking "Whats the awful racket, oh it's that pale nerdly looking kid with the big guitar, I'm gonna go have a sweaty backdoor lovemaking session with this rich salesman"

Edited by Ross