Why become a member? ×

Off Topic ban?

thisnameistaken

Looks like a mod has decided I shouldn't be allowed to see Off Topic any more. Presumably this was intended as a punishment for something but actually it's improved the forum quite a lot - I can't see half the stupid sh*t the idiots post and I can't tell how many of you believe what you read the Mail any more. Top stuff. :)

Sorry, meant to post this in Off-Topic, can a mod move it for me? Thanks darlings. xxx

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1214856' date='Apr 29 2011, 01:35 PM']Looks like a mod has decided I shouldn't be allowed to see Off Topic any more. Presumably this was intended as a punishment for something but actually it's improved the forum quite a lot - I can't see half the stupid sh*t the idiots post and I can't tell how many of you believe what you read the Mail any more. Top stuff. :)

Sorry, meant to post this in Off-Topic, can a mod move it for me? Thanks darlings. xxx[/quote]

Your football thread post was offensive mate, end of :)

Well, I couldn't have posted in the General Bass Discussion about my closest friend dying last week and receive all those wonderful supportive messages which helped me deal with it. So I'm very grateful for Off Topic.

It's not all sh*t and wind in there, in fact the argumentative threads in there are minimal, as are threads which end up being locked. Off Topic is very useful in many respects. It's sad people don't go in there because they are under some misguided illusion it's a war zone.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='1214857' date='Apr 29 2011, 01:37 PM']Ooh, can I be block from Off Topic too? It's the one area of Basschat I can't abide.

Seriously, if I wasn't able to see it I'd be hugely grateful[/quote]

me too.

[quote name='silddx' post='1214878' date='Apr 29 2011, 01:47 PM']Well, I couldn't have posted in the General Bass Discussion about my closest friend dying last week and receive all those wonderful supportive messages which helped me deal with it. So I'm very grateful for Off Topic.

It's not all sh*t and wind in there, in fact the argumentative threads in there are minimal, as are threads which end up being locked. Off Topic is very useful in many respects. It's sad people don't go in there because they are under some misguided illusion it's a war zone.[/quote]
+1 There have been many useful posts recently and my gardening one has plenty of fans all beavering away with their vegetables :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='1214857' date='Apr 29 2011, 01:37 PM']Ooh, can I be block from Off Topic too? It's the one area of Basschat I can't abide.

Seriously, if I wasn't able to see it I'd be hugely grateful[/quote]
I just can't understand people who feel this way. What's the reason for saying it? :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1214897' date='Apr 29 2011, 01:54 PM']I just can't understand people who feel this way. What's the reason for saying it? :)[/quote]

when i look at the forum front page, i'd rather not waste time seeing the off-topic threads.

just personal preference...i come here to read bass-related things

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1214893' date='Apr 29 2011, 01:52 PM']+1 There have been many useful posts recently and my gardening one has plenty of fans all beavering away with their vegetables :)[/quote]
Exactly what I'm saying. What I need to learn about bass is minimal compared to what I need to learn about people's attitudes to things, life in general, topics I'm not au fait with, world affairs, and developing my own attitude and opinions.

I have learned so much from Off Topic threads, and I am a more well rounded person for it. I couldn't get that amount of opinion and knowledge from my circle of friends, even though it is quite large and diverse.

Music isn't about music, it's about getting in touch with yourself and representing that through your chosen medium, in this case music, and more specifically, relating your bass expression to the context of music, and relating that music to the context of your life.

Off Topic can be the most musically inspiring place of all here.

[quote name='ahpook' post='1214901' date='Apr 29 2011, 01:56 PM']when i look at the forum front page, i'd rather not waste time seeing the off-topic threads.

just personal preference...i come here to read bass-related things[/quote]
Its one line of text, I dont read (I wont list them all but) 21 of the areas listed.

I enjoy reading and discussing opinions and beliefs outside of my own tiny bubble of values. What's wrong with been offended? I find Hollyoaks offensive, but my head doesn't explode everytime I accidently watch the start of it. If an off-hand comment on an internet duscissuion forum can cause such offense and indignance, maybe the problem isn't entirely with them? Just sayin'

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='1214915' date='Apr 29 2011, 02:09 PM']I enjoy reading and discussing opinions and beliefs outside of my own tiny bubble of values. What's wrong with been offended? I find Hollyoaks offensive, but my head doesn't explode everytime I accidently watch the start of it. If an off-hand comment on an internet duscissuion forum can cause such offense and indignance, maybe the problem isn't entirely with them? Just sayin'[/quote]
"This is why all religion is a bag of sh*t" was TniT's quote was it not? Not exactly constructive or well put IMO i partly agree with it TBH but can see that would be offensive and wouldnt think of putting it up there. If it was in a constructive post with a theory or fact behind it for us to discuss Im all for a good debate but what was the point in that post? It didnt even relate to the thread which I dont think was bad until that outburst.

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1214919' date='Apr 29 2011, 02:15 PM'][b]"This is why all religion is a bag of sh*t" was TniT's quote was it not?[/b][/quote]
No it wasn't :) so if you are going to quote people be accurate because all you've done here is drag that argument into an inappropriate location and misrepresented the mans words, I sometimes don't agree with many things many say on here TNiT included but I would never attempt to deny someone the right to express an opinion which is all he did in the post you have incorrectly quoted, if you disagree with someone, do just that don't then go on to present what you 'think' they said... very poor form whatever the subject matter.

Edited by jakesbass

[quote name='BottomE' post='1214924' date='Apr 29 2011, 02:21 PM']This is insane. If ya don't like it don't read it.[/quote]

^This.

And all posters getting used to the idea that all replies to all posts all carry an assumed "IMHO"; which many people, rightly or wrongly, over the centuries have died to protect.

I do apologise Jake I have just re read it :) and missed the [i]I think[/i] which does change that part but its still [b]massively offensive [/b]to Golchen (who I dont know BTW).

TNIT to Golchen "I thought you were a christian? You're supposed to be one of our society's moral leaders, not advocating vigilante justice on the terraces.

See this is why I think religion is a bag of sh*t. "

Edited by stingrayPete1977