Why become a member? ×

D'addario strings

bassjamm

I use D'Addario XL ProSteels 35 to 95's, they are pretty nice. I've depended on D'addario & Rotosound, plus (on the off chance) some Elites..

Sure they're little strings (gauge wise) But I love the sound! plus it helps for jazz scales :blush:

I've never tried their nickels, though I'll give them a chance someday :)

Pedro

I like them - have got some chromes (50-105) on my Jazz at the moment and usually put XLs (45-105) on the StingRay. I used to use Prosteels all the time but did find them quite coarse on the fingers plus they seemed to not have the same life that the XLs do.

EXL165's for me, I occasionally get a pack of pro-steels, but they're lacking a bit of mid punch compared to the nickels.

I've tried Ernie Ball hybrids, DR lo riders & hi beams, GHS, LaBella, Rotosound Steels and Elites over the years but I keep coming back to D'Addarios. Although I've just put a set of Dean Markley Blue Nickels on my Lakland that I picked up in San Francisco for $17, they seem really good too thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd check out [url="http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Blue-Dot-Music_Bass-Strings_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ4QQftidZ2QQtZkm"]this ebay shop[/url] for cheap strings. The selection isn't huge but the prices are great.

There are great prices [url="http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=1&catref=C12&from=R10&satitle=bass+strings&sacat=619%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=S61SG&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=musicisthepoint&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&fgtp="]here[/url] too, depending on what you're looking for.

Edited by Quatschmacher

[quote name='flip' post='139498' date='Feb 13 2008, 02:00 PM']EXL165's for me, I occasionally get a pack of pro-steels, but they're lacking a bit of mid punch compared to the nickels.

I've tried Ernie Ball hybrids, DR lo riders & hi beams, GHS, LaBella, Rotosound Steels and Elites over the years but I keep coming back to D'Addarios. Although I've just put a set of Dean Markley Blue Nickels on my Lakland that I picked up in San Francisco for $17, they seem really good too thus far.[/quote]

Wow the same experience here, I tried them and love them. Tried Rotos and ended up hating them. My low B is just a thunder with the EXL's. I promised some time ago not to buy anything else.