Why become a member? ×

Can someone recommend me a gigbag?

slazman

Looking for a nice robust, well padded gigbag for my G&L L2000. Budget around £60 max.

Fed up with lugging my case around (which does not fit in my car boot!).

Any experiences and recommendations would be welcome. If it can carry misc. cables etc. as well that would be a bonus.

[quote name='chris_b' post='1162138' date='Mar 14 2011, 06:38 PM']Only my experience of one item, but don't get a Ritter Style 3. £90 and the seams have ripped alongside the stitching.[/quote]

That is why I use the cheap ones. If I get a decent wear out of them, I am quids in..or I throw it away and get another one.
If the zips stay ok..and there is no reason why they shouldn't then they should do the job.

Just don't expect them to be anything than a convenient carry case. It will not support weight, and mine are laid on the back seat never in the boot. They have reasonable padding and handles/straps and they have a few pockets. They have an internal velcro strap which will stop the bass falling out should the zip unexpectedly go whilst in carry mode over the shoulder.
They aren't wonderful but do a cheap easy job, IMO.

£25-35 IIRC.

If need be, I have kept my full flight cases though. :)

I had an Epi Tbird with a Ritter bag. It was ok, but I didn't have it that long, and I've found with Ritter in the past the zips on the pockets tend to jam, so I wouldn't be surprised if seams and other parts weren't that strong. Warwick Roksac, if you can find one the right size, are brilliant, the zips will hold the jaws of hell closed and the premium ones have massive padding.

Protec cases are pretty good - I inherited a [url="http://www.protecmusic.com/items.aspx?ProductID=275&InstrumentID=5&InstrumentGroupID=4&CategoryID=2&subCategoryID=7"]standard Pro Pac[/url] with my Ripper. The soft cover over a rigid frame gives you more support for the neck, with less weight than a solid case. Only thing is the lid was hinged with just a strip of canvas, which was starting to come apart with age.

Maybe the [url="http://www.djmmusic.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=STD-EBP"]Hiscox Large Bass [/url]case would fit too, there's a big body cavity.

Edited by spinynorman

I use a Tribal Planet double Gigbag.
as they were years ago not available in germany i ordered them in UK.
They are really great..and in your price range

[url="http://shop.guitarsanddrums.de/src/product_details.php?cPath=315_221_618_621_1276&pid=38692"]I have this one[/url]

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='slazman' post='1160432' date='Mar 13 2011, 01:17 PM']Looking for a nice robust, well padded gigbag for my G&L L2000. Budget around £60 max.

Any experiences and recommendations would be welcome. If it can carry misc. cables etc. as well that would be a bonus.[/quote]

Like others said, the Rockbag Deluxe is pretty good. I have two different models, one has wider straps and better links etc but they're essentially the same. Good padding, good sized pockets... I use one of them *a lot* and after nearly 4 years is still going strong.

Without a doubt [url="http://www.fusion-bags.com/"]Fusion Gigbags[/url] IMO the best on the market. They do a whole range from £20 - £150 with everything in between depending on budget!

[quote name='slazman' post='1160432' date='Mar 13 2011, 01:17 PM']Looking for a nice robust, well padded gigbag for my G&L L2000. Budget around £60 max.

Any experiences and recommendations would be welcome. If it can carry misc. cables etc. as well that would be a bonus.[/quote]

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='1176788' date='Mar 26 2011, 12:58 AM']Without a doubt [url="http://www.fusion-bags.com/"]Fusion Gigbags[/url] IMO the best on the market. They do a whole range from £20 - £150 with everything in between depending on budget![/quote]

Nice one ... they look really interesting.

[quote name='73Jazz' post='1165022' date='Mar 16 2011, 09:25 PM']I use a Tribal Planet double Gigbag.[/quote]

I used one once. Never again, wouldn't touch 'em with a bargepole. All the pocket zips failed (luckily not the main one). YMMV

Also not terribly keen on Ritter but the one I had was used very regularly and lasted 5 years before falling apart at the seams (near the piping), so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Rockbags seem fine to me, as does my newly acquired Mono ... but that ones out of your price bracket.

Andy

+1000 for the Pro Tec.

Its the Mutts Nutts.

Alleva Coppolo and Fodera I am told both use them as standard now. And the Thomann price is just a no brainer. Nice featue is the wee velcro strap holding the neck onto its protective pad.....and the onther wee velco strap holding the back pack straps out of hte way when not in use. Its a really great bag.

My guitarist uses Protection Racket bags but they are very deep, much deeper than the Pro Tec.

If you have a small head ( I'm thinking LM etc ) it will fit in the front pocket.

S