Why become a member? ×

Feedback for 6stringbassist

Bernmeister

• 10 months later...

Dealt with Kevin twice now, he,s kind enough to sell me his old tasty cables, absolute joy to deal with and a friendly knowlegable guy, items arrived quickly and very well packaged, deal with confidence, he,s a gent
all the best - lee :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought the pups out of Kevin's Marcus Miller Jazz for my Squier 60's vibe

A simpler deal and a niceer chap you'll surely not meet..... Top Bloke this 6Stringbassist (Shame he has to have two too many strings tho')

If Howard is reading this....... notice I spelt Squier correctly !!!

ATB

Mark

• 1 month later...

Just got back home having done some Epi trading with Kevin in a Kenilworth Car Park.

Bought his UL310 to pair with my recently acquired UL310 and traded my UL510 for his UL902C.

Can't wait to set up the new rig of doom and try it.

Amp and cab in top condition and he's a great bloke to deal with.

Thanks Kev.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just bought an NS CR4M electric upright from Kev, who was kind enough to pick me up from Birmingham New Street and drop me off after. Friendly and interesting chap, we chatted about bass but soon moved on to books and stuff (including chickens!). Never felt any pressure or rush. Instrument was in as near perfect condition as anyone could expect. All in all a happy experience. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a Berg EX112ER extension cabinet to go with my Berg IP112ER. Fantastic price, great condition, and Kevin even drove it up to me! For just a small contribution towards fuel! Legend. Despite being hurried for time he also stayed to chat bass for a while, which is always appreciated :)

Would highly recommend dealing with 6stringbassist. Top bloke! Thanks for the great cab bud.

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news as I bought a stingray 5 from Kevin (kinda foolishly) trusting that the bass was functioning correctly.

Having later proudly taken it to show a friend who knows stingrays very well he pointed out that it was sounding terrible on two of the three pickup settings (compared with what it should sound like..) and needed attention.

This was a costly and timely process which resulted in the discovery of sellotaped wiring connections, plus cables not soldered on at all and all pickup wires soldered to the wrong connections...

Kevin described this problem as having "developed"....I've never come across wires that have the ability to re-solder themselves voluntarily but hey

• 5 months later...

[quote name='eezer rudun' post='720001' date='Jan 21 2010, 01:08 PM']Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news as I bought a stingray 5 from Kevin (kinda foolishly) trusting that the bass was functioning correctly.

Having later proudly taken it to show a friend who knows stingrays very well he pointed out that it was sounding terrible on two of the three pickup settings (compared with what it should sound like..) and needed attention.

This was a costly and timely process which resulted in the discovery of sellotaped wiring connections, plus cables not soldered on at all and all pickup wires soldered to the wrong connections...

Kevin described this problem as having "developed"....I've never come across wires that have the ability to re-solder themselves voluntarily but hey[/quote]

There's a lot more to this that has never ever come to light.

The issue turned into an appalling and totally unjustified personal attack on myself, verging on libel.

If the bass was as bad as you describe, how come it took you so long to realise, it can't have sounded that terrible. You tried the bass in my house throught YOUR OWN amp. You later lied to your friend about me not having an amp.

The bass was with John Diggins for two weeks immediately prior to being bought by you, he didn't spot anything that you say.

The bass was fine when you bought it.

I believe that you personally messed about with it, you then tried to blame me. I think that all of my prior positive feedback on here and talkbass should speak for itself.

• 1 month later...