Why become a member? ×

PEAVEY T40, IN BRIGHT RED, STUNNING!

tom1946

Hiya, I'm immensley sad to be selling this bass. I haven't had it long but I cannot justify hanging on to it because my health is going downhill and I won't ever be able to play it :)

Known as 'old red' this is a blade model from around 1981 and he is in amazing condition for his age.
There is a bit of buckle rash on the back but it hasn't broken the paint so it still looks great.

It comes with its original hardcase which is also in very good condition.
I'm looking for £475 for it, delivery an extra £15.

I'll leave you to drool at the pictures :)

Thanks for looking in.

Tom, Hi.

Took me ages to persuade myself to let it go - Old Red went to a good home and now he has
to move out again. :)
Sorry to hear about your health.
You would struggle to find another one that good - sure you are doing the right thing?
You selling all your gear?

All the best.

Eric. :)

[quote name='razze06' post='1134440' date='Feb 20 2011, 04:09 PM']:)

I think it's going to be a little later than 1981. I thought toaster pickups were used in earlier models, and the blade appeared after 1983 (?). Could be worng though[/quote]

Old Red is an '82. :lol: From memory!! :)

Hi Eric, I really don't know what the future holds health wise, I have serious knee and back problems which are getting worse by the day.
I know I'm probably doing the wrong thing but I'm raising money to buy another volvo S60/V70 because they are just about the only car I can sit comfortably in, I should never have sold my S60.

So if anyone has one......

I will not be unhappy if I have to keep it, it'll just take a little longer to get a Volvo. :)

[quote name='nick' post='1134446' date='Feb 20 2011, 04:12 PM']That is gorgeous. Nicely photographed - vase of flowers is a nice touch too.[/quote]
+1

Great basses these..still regret the fact that I no longer own one..

From memory, these are quite unique instruments electronically because the tone controls act like a toggle switch and, depending on where they're set, change the pick ups from humbucker to a single-coil setting.

Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='Conan' post='1135562' date='Feb 21 2011, 02:55 PM']Sorry to hear about your health Tom. Good luck with the sale though![/quote]

Same here fella, look after yourself.
There are only a few folk that present items for sale as well as you do, if you go on the sick there will be much less lusting around these parts :) .
Karl.

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1135550' date='Feb 21 2011, 02:42 PM']Out of interest, does anyone have any sound clips of one of these? I'd love to hear one in action.[/quote]

Hi. :)

To be honest, like almost every instrument IMO, you would have to play it
yourself, through your gear, with your lead, your fingers etc, to get the real
sound.
I have quite a few of these - Toaster & Blade, different strings on some
of them and they all have subtle differences.
Over the years I have lent some of mine out and to date, everone one
has been very impressed with the range of sounds and the power - one
even bought his lend, as he couldn't bear to give it back!

A sound clip, IMO would not give you a full idea to the tones available.

Try and find someone who has one and have a go.
Blades are brighter than Toasters but Toasters have a rich warmth.

You could also buy Tom's - it was mine and sounds luvverly! :)

Cheers. :lol:

looks in great nick. although the back problem isn't a great advertisement :) the toasters, are they rickenbacker. my man was going to call his dual exposed rail the toaster but thought better of it due to rick beating him to it. interesting if there's more than one company using that name. nice bass