Why become a member? ×

Supergrass

nash

[quote name='indiegrungesound' post='1105322' date='Jan 27 2011, 05:46 PM']I remember seeing a close up picture on Wikipedia of him from the "Diamond Hoo Ha" tour with that bass, and it had the EXACT same "Spirit by Steinberger" logo on it as mine.

Apologies for being pedantic. The Hohner and Spirit basses are probably the same basses but with different logos. Besides, seeing as you have one, you'll know they sound great anyway! :-)[/quote]

I think it was a Steinberger too. Recall when it came up on ebay, watched the auction.

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='1105366' date='Jan 27 2011, 06:17 PM']I haven`t really heard much of their stuff apart from a couple of singles. I take it from the comments here, I wouldn`t be wasting my cash getting a best of?

Jez[/quote]

"Supergrass is 10: The Best Of" is definitely worth a buy :)

The 'best of' looks pretty good, but the first 2 albums are full of great tracks - I got a special edition In It For The Money with b-sides and rare tracks off ebay for about 75p...cracking.

There's a track on the 'best of' called 'Bullet' that isn't on any other album...it absolutely melts my face every time I hear it. Love it.

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1105375' date='Jan 27 2011, 06:26 PM']I was so into I Should Coco when it came out. I found In It For the Money a bit of a let down but still enjoyed it. However I saw them on that tour in Cambridge and they were blown off stage by Spacehog, a band who's album I thought was weak but put on one of the best live shows I have ever seen. Supergrass by comparison looked like they didn't want to be there. I've still bought the albums and liked some of the songs. I think my expectations of them live really took a knocking that night[/quote]

Hey, BurritoBass it must be just you & me that got that Spacehog album! I still like it. I can't find many people who have ever heard of them. Never saw them live though, sounds like I missed out. I only saw Supergrass twice & they were great both times, but it was early days 1st & 2nd album time.
Norm.

[quote name='Norm' post='1105573' date='Jan 27 2011, 09:06 PM']Hey, BurritoBass it must be just you & me that got that Spacehog album! I still like it. I can't find many people who have ever heard of them. Never saw them live though, sounds like I missed out. I only saw Supergrass twice & they were great both times, but it was early days 1st & 2nd album time.
Norm.[/quote]

I remember Spacehog, I got 'In the Meantime' on cassette single.

• 5 years later...

[quote name='tonyquipment' timestamp='1456873080' post='2993198']
Stumbledupon I should coco album the other day

Really really good collection of tunes there. Feel good fun rockers
[/quote]

One of my most played albums of the 90's. Apart from 'Alright' which was played everywhere so much that I have grown to dislike it.
Oh, and 'She's So Loose' - one of my favourite tracks on any album ever!

I Should Coco is a fantastic album that comes from that fantasy world where I'm perpetually 21 and it's always summer. Impressively accomplished considering how young they were. There was a big buzz around about them locally when they first emerged, being from just down the road as they were. I always liked Mickey's basslines (I think he played an Ibanez Roadstar?) and while I lost interest in them after the second album I remember them very fondly.

Saw them a good few times, remember Mick Quinn rocking a black headless Steinberger at the Glasgow ABC a good number of years ago...it was that long ago, Seasick Steve was the support act before anyone really knew who Seasick Steve was at the time...!!

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1456930945' post='2993687']
Seasick Steve was the support act before anyone really knew who Seasick Steve was at the time...!!
[/quote]

I saw him support somebody in the 12 bar Club in Denmark St. years ago. He was absolutely f***ing sh*t, can't believe how popular he became.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1456874704' post='2993224']

One of my most played albums of the 90's. Apart from 'Alright' which was played everywhere so much that I have grown to dislike it.
Oh, and 'She's So Loose' - one of my favourite tracks on any album ever!
[/quote]

She's soooooo loose ..

Really good acoustic/clean driving tune dat. I like I like.