Why become a member? ×

Thread On Tb...

bubinga5

[quote name='lowdown' post='1096466' date='Jan 20 2011, 03:30 PM']Money - or not enough of it....
It was him or Darryl Jones back in the 90's.

Garry[/quote]

Ah! I never thought Darryl Jones would go on record and say something like that, but I suppose it's frustrating as a sideman with as much input as he or Branford had in Sting's music to not get back what you [b]think[/b] you deserve. You never know what goes on behind closed doors though, and I'm sure Sting could be a nightmare to work with.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1094955' date='Jan 19 2011, 11:43 AM']To be fair, threads like this pop up on BC fairly regularly. It's not specific to TB.[/quote]
But as the majority of TBers are Yanks, it comes across to a true Anglophone as a bunch of petulant teenagers. Dude.

[quote name='LeoFender' post='1096103' date='Jan 20 2011, 10:30 AM']You wouldn't get a professional art critic writing in his column

"Yeah had a look at it and its sh*t"

Im sure their deconstruction of the work would have some educated analysis not just dismissive and full of ridicule.[/quote]
ISTR the shortest review ever was of a revue called "A Good Time" and consisted of one word: "No". There was another one of a Broadway show called "Wham!" which was simply "Ouch."

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1096724' date='Jan 20 2011, 07:58 PM']( Also Weren't most of Kolbs ideas kinda, um, nicked? :-D )[/quote]

I'm sure he was and everybody else is just re presenting the ancient theories of the likes of Aristotle, Plato and Confucius.

[quote name='silddx' post='1096293' date='Jan 20 2011, 05:27 AM']And who are you to judge who will benefit or otherwise?

You seem to be all sweetness and light one minute, and abrasive and all-knowing the next. You also seem to like telling people what to do and what not to do based on your personal perception of what's right and wrong.

How many personalities do you actually have?[/quote]
I'd wager he only has the one personality. That of a god.

Apologies for not using the patronizing sandwich and just being blunt. :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1096391' date='Jan 20 2011, 02:33 PM']What a thread! Arrogance, insults, appalling playing, missives from a long-dead bass manufacturing legend. All that is missing is some gratuitous sexism. So I wonder if this bass player has any Youtube clips?

[attachment=69448:bikinigirls05.jpg][/quote]
In order to keep this highly valuable thread alive, can I just point out that 44 BassChatters have downloaded the picture of the bass-playing blonde in a bikini :)

(of course it could be one BassChatter downloading said pic 44 times in which case I would start to get worried)

Well I finally got chance to take a look at this guy's videos last night and I was so disappointed as it was just such a non-event.

All I can say is thank goodness for those 44 pics of the blonde in the bikini that I downloaded from Clarky's post :)

Edited by purpleblob