Why become a member? ×

Orange Rig Photos!!

Jimelliottbassist

[attachment=69249:IMGP0599.JPG]
[attachment=69247:IMGP0600.JPG]

I was also keen on the matamp 2x12 to pair with my '72 pa120 head (bought from tayste) but found an obc410 at a knock-down price an hour's drive away on ebay!

Edited by theosd

[quote name='algmusic' post='1095288' date='Jan 19 2011, 03:50 PM']Recording session with my orange baby on Monday.

Good times :-)

[attachment=69333:orange.jpg]

One day I'll have an AD200MK3, too, but The Terror will still be the workingmans amp[/quote]

Enough mics? :)

[quote name='yorick' post='1095289' date='Jan 19 2011, 03:51 PM']Enough mics? :)[/quote]

LOL, the egineer used 4 channels to record bass:

1. One pointing at the cone (clarity)
2. One Poining at the port (sub bass sound)
3. One DI
4. One coming out of the sansamp

The set up was mad

Bass>DI box>Desk
DI box>Line out >TU2>Sansamp>desk
TU2 bypass > to Amp (which was mic'ed twice)

I had the most complicated set up for the smallest footpint rig.

[quote name='guybrush threepwood' post='1095541' date='Jan 19 2011, 07:38 PM']Enough mids?! *Hearty laugh* It's chunky mate!

But the voicing definitely favours lower mids; my p bass sounds punchy as heck, whilst the stingray simply growls. Love it.[/quote]

Good to know mate

Here's mine:

[attachment=69417:P1020430.JPG]

Orange Terror Bass 500w on top of a Barefaced Vintage, bass is a SBMM SB14 with a nordstrand mm4.3 pickup in it. Sounds massive and punchy, real presence in the mix without having to get all jingley and trebley to cut through.

Must admit my first bass experience with valves has made me want to get a full valve setup like the ad200mk3. One day.....

The Matamp 212 in Jim's post (first post) used to be mine, unfortunately my Terror never even got to see it, but it now has Jim's beautiful GS112nt cabs for company. Also the Matamp cab deserved the AD200b.

I think the Orange/Aguilar combo looks smart as hell, its much smaller than my previous Zoot 210/115 rig and easier to transport than the Matamp 212 (as its 2 separate cabs)

[quote name='Dosi Y'Anarchy' post='1104497' date='Jan 26 2011, 10:36 PM']The Matamp 212 in Jim's post (first post) used to be mine, unfortunately my Terror never even got to see it, but it now has Jim's beautiful GS112nt cabs for company. Also the Matamp cab deserved the AD200b.

I think the Orange/Aguilar combo looks smart as hell, its much smaller than my previous Zoot 210/115 rig and easier to transport than the Matamp 212 (as its 2 separate cabs)[/quote]

Man that looks PIMP!
What a cool combination!
I miss my little GS112, always dreamed of having 2.
Maybe one day...

Eude

[quote name='theosd' post='1094161' date='Jan 18 2011, 06:09 PM'][attachment=69249:IMGP0599.JPG]
[attachment=69247:IMGP0600.JPG]

I was also keen on the matamp 2x12 to pair with my '72 pa120 head (bought from tayste) but found an obc410 at a knock-down price an hour's drive away on ebay![/quote]

I like how the cab looks more beaten than the head from 1972

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='1106257' date='Jan 28 2011, 02:41 PM']I like how the cab looks more beaten than the head from 1972[/quote]

Haha yeah it's definitely picked up a few scuffs in its time, probably as a result of being an absolute BASTARD to move around, especially alone! In fact I used this rig to record with last weekend so once it's done I'll post soundclips on here. It sounds absolutely lush and it's not even been mixed/mastered yet!