Why become a member? ×

I’m pretty sure you can find the date under the paint, but it does not really matter at this point.

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='1082894' date='Jan 9 2011, 06:21 AM']TBH, I'm more concerned about the Primrose Yellow that appears to be lurking under the black.

Oh, and the chances of retrieving any dates are very slim indeed unless they got nitro'd over at the factory.[/quote]

I think it's the yellow kind of rosewood you often get. :)

I love everything about this listing. I love "obviously it was modified". I love the way if you look at the neck it kind of looks like it's melting.

[quote name='bassaussie' post='1083077' date='Jan 9 2011, 12:41 PM']Isn't this seller somehow related to Tuneomatic? He's that guy in California (I think) who seems to have a constant supply of vintage Fenders that he sells for obscene prices.[/quote]

AFAIA it is Tune-O-Matic under a different name.

Apparently he has a time machine which he uses to go back to the sixties to buy up new Fenders.

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='1083239' date='Jan 9 2011, 04:02 PM']AFAIA it is Tune-O-Matic under a different name.

Apparently he has a time machine which he uses to go back to the sixties to buy up new Fenders.[/quote]

Right, I thought it was. Style looks similar, and the pricing is the same!

[quote name='bassaussie' post='1083077' date='Jan 9 2011, 12:41 PM']Isn't this seller somehow related to Tuneomatic? He's that guy in California (I think) who seems to have a constant supply of vintage Fenders that he sells for obscene prices.[/quote]

Yep. They are the same infamous eBay 'character'.