Why become a member? ×

Squier Does it Again!

Circle_of_Fifths

[quote name='spongebob' post='1080811' date='Jan 7 2011, 10:38 AM']I'm loving my CV-P - never thought I'd be so happy with it.

Who'd have thought that in 2011, with the numerous bass manufacturers out there of many prices, hot topic on BC would be the new Squiers???

Bit like Skoda syndrome, isn't it?[/quote]

Same here. This time last year i was playing a Lakland DJ5, then i got a Lakland Duck Dunn (my second) but im more taken with my CV P than i have been with a lot of my previous basses. Maybe its the lack of funds tied up in a bit of wood and metal that makes me happy.

Have these new Squiers been beaten senseless with the ugly stick, or are they the Ugly stick? The Jag looks makes me think of a butchered Guitar from Woolworths. I just cant get on with them.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='pandathe3' post='1081001' date='Jan 7 2011, 01:08 PM']I like the sound of getting the Black HB Jag and put another HB in.[/quote]
Do it. And make a build diary of it, with some sound samples. :)

The Jag shape has always reminded me of those occasional sad sights you see on eBay (usually in that German comedy store), where some muppet has come home from the pub and taken a bandsaw to his Jazz in order to make it 'unique'. :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1081158' date='Jan 7 2011, 02:56 PM']Where can I get one for £209?[/quote]

probably in the for sale section in a month or so :)

[url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Squier-Vintage-Modified-Jaguar-Bass-Special-HB,-Black~ID~14652.asp"]Soundslive[/url]

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Jerry_B' post='1081260' date='Jan 7 2011, 04:25 PM']Soundslive are charging [url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Squier-Vintage-Modified-Jaguar-Bass-Special,-Black~ID~14650.asp"]even less[/url] for the non-humbucker version...![/quote]

Nice looking hats :-)

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1081171' date='Jan 7 2011, 07:07 AM']probably in the for sale section in a month or so :)

[url="http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Squier-Vintage-Modified-Jaguar-Bass-Special-HB,-Black~ID~14652.asp"]Soundslive[/url][/quote]

As [color="#4B0082"]Lord High-Master of Things Squier[/color] - I'd say that you can put your hand on your thigh and get a skin graft faster than these will hit the used market.

And since I cannot multi-quote on this site - these HBs are new and just barely in transit-shipping to retailers yet, there really cannot be any sound samples - yet.

The neck radius is 9.5 on all of them AFAIK but I cannot say anything about the thinness of the neck in a cross section. I DO know that the Jazz necks are 1.500" at the nut and 2.225" at the 12th fret, whereas the Precision is 1.675" at the nut and 2.250" at the 12th fret.

I am so used to the 9.5" radius necks that I find the 7.5" neck almost unplayable to me. That smaller radius queered the deal on the Markus Miller since it feels like the neck is backwards to me.

Now, sitting here on this keyboard, I'm debating if I want to go to my GC today and plop down some greenies on a new HB in red.

Nah ---- prolly in black so's I can put a Tort PG on it and make it a matching full-place setting at my musical table.

But then again (dang it!) I [i]DO-O-O-O[/i] love the idea of an active P/J too.

Edited by Circle_of_Fifths

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='1081441' date='Jan 7 2011, 11:26 AM']I'm amazed alright. Amazed at the different ways they can repackage the same basic specification.[/quote]

I sense just the tiniest bit of negativity in that statement.

A neck's a neck at 9.5 or 7.5 or any different rather - and it's all for the masses anyway. Not every bassist can afford nor might even might want a boutique bass and this marketing skill satisfies several levels of desires, wants and needs.

If not for the consumers, then for the factories that need to keep their talent employed and the building that need to be occupied during these days of rather Apocalyptic slides into broke-ness and destitution-ness.

I say 'good on 'em' for the sheer variety and marketing elan.

You can be banned from Squier-Land by The Lord Of Squiers if you nay-say. :)

You're already in Upsidedown Land! You [u]can[/u] be further banished to (shudder!) Australia!

[quote name='Circle_of_Fifths' post='1081352' date='Jan 7 2011, 05:56 PM']As [color="#4B0082"]Lord High-Master of Things Squier[/color] - I'd say that you can put your hand on your thigh and get a skin graft faster than these will hit the used market.[/quote]

Well Lord High-master of Things Squier, any chance you can get Squier to do a VM Mustang or Musicmaster Bass?
Pretty please?... :)

Eude

[quote name='eude' post='1081793' date='Jan 8 2011, 12:36 AM']Well Lord High-master of Things Squier, any chance you can get Squier to do a VM Mustang or Musicmaster Bass?
Pretty please?... :)

Eude[/quote]

Nah! I want to be taken seriously when I am on stage playing bass and wouldn't want Squier to go that way::

[color="#A0522D"][size=5]Different? [i]I think not.[/i][/size][/color] [color="#C0C0C0"]Just kidding. I think [/color]

The VM line are pretty great as they are, and don't forget that almost on a 4-month interval they unleash something new and wonderful. I have two VMs right now and am seriously thinking of that new VM-HB in (natch!) BLACK and then with a Tort PG ------------[i]ah![/i]

I'll forward your request to myself when I'm able to get my people to talk to my other people to make an appointment to talk to me.

As [color="#4B0082"][i][size=5]Lord Of Squiers[/size][/i][/color], you can be assured that I shan't waste any time in considering your petition.

'WE' are amused wi'ye.