Why become a member? ×

You can forget "my uncle's attic"

Happy Jack

[url="http://shop.ebay.co.uk/yasmin21995/m.html"]http://shop.ebay.co.uk/yasmin21995/m.html[/url]

Feedback of (0) - check
Clearing a relative's stuff - check
Not an expert - check
Items to go to loving homes - check

Value of items (even if they only sell for opening bid prices) - considerably more than £30k.

I'm sure it's all totally genuine.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1072501' date='Dec 30 2010, 10:10 AM'][url="http://shop.ebay.co.uk/yasmin21995/m.html"]http://shop.ebay.co.uk/yasmin21995/m.html[/url]

Feedback of (0) - check
Clearing a relative's stuff - check
Not an expert - check
Items to go to loving homes - check

Value of items (even if they only sell for opening bid prices) - considerably more than £30k.

I'm sure it's all totally genuine.[/quote]
Jack, you forgot to mention: 'I will try and answer any questions in as much detail as possible'.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1072543' date='Dec 30 2010, 10:40 AM']Wow.. you're a cynical lot.

Maybe a bloke has just pegged it and his family want to sell his stuff?[/quote]

I'd like to believe that but experience says that an account dormant since April with 0% feedback that suddenly lists multiple instruments worth £thousands, where the pics appear to be random (if at all) and the listing info is a cut and paste job identical for all and as has been pointed out the by now legendary 'dearly departed, please take care of these items, I'm no expert etc.'... hang on a minute MB, you're just sitting in the house bored and trying to get a rise out of us! :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1072543' date='Dec 30 2010, 10:40 AM']Wow.. you're a cynical lot.

Maybe a bloke has just pegged it and his family want to sell his stuff?[/quote]

I'm kinda feeling like that too...

...last thing you want is a load of potential buyers sending your sarcastic/accusational messages over eBay when you are just trying to clear this lot!

I'm tempted to see if I can have a look at the Rhodes though.

[quote name='David Nimrod' post='1072559' date='Dec 30 2010, 10:53 AM']Can't be that hard for a local BC'er to nip round, surely..?[/quote]

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='1072560' date='Dec 30 2010, 10:54 AM']I'm tempted to see if I can have a look at the Rhodes though.[/quote]

Go for it, I'd love to have my faith in eBay restored... might take a bit more than one honest sale but it'll be a start. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1072558' date='Dec 30 2010, 10:53 AM']I'd like to believe that but experience says that an account dormant since April with 0% feedback that suddenly lists multiple instruments worth £thousands, where the pics appear to be random (if at all) and the listing info is a cut and paste job identical for all and as has been pointed out the by now legendary 'dearly departed, please take care of these items, I'm no expert etc.'... hang on a minute MB, you're just sitting in the house bored and trying to get a rise out of us! :)[/quote]
Nah.. not at all. :)

The fact they're listing multiple instruments worth thousands isn't really the point. They're selling whatever he had.

Occasionally, 'the dearly departed, please take care of these items, I'm no expert etc.' thing is true. In fact, I have experience of it being true.

Of course, these listings could be a scam or whatever, but nothing I've seen suggests it is.

[quote name='daz' post='1072585' date='Dec 30 2010, 11:31 AM']I asked for a pic of The Fender Marcus Miller , and casually said i could come round and view it at the weekend.
So we will See what happens.[/quote]

I said I worked in Norbury and asked if I could pop along during my lunchtime to look at the bass. -

"hello, i do not have any additional pictures of
this item when my pa's friend went through and
tested all the gear he just made sure everything
was working and we put them back in their
boxes/cases where they are now. i can ask him if
he knows any answers to your questions"

I send in a fraud report :)

i got the same reply.
[quote]hello, i do not have any additional pictures of
this item when my pa's friend went through and
tested all the gear he just made sure everything
was working and we put them back in their
boxes/cases where they are now. i can ask him if
he knows any answers to your questions. i would
prefer to do all of the transactions through ebay
for my own safety. cheers[/quote]

what a surprize.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='noelk27' post='1072628' date='Dec 30 2010, 12:28 PM']List price for the reissue [i]{SG3000}[/i] is £3,000 and up. Good used examples of originals can easily sell for £1,500.[/quote]
Really?? Blimey, I remember a time many years ago when they were nearly bin-material. Bloody wish I'd bought one then! :)

[quote name='Rich' post='1085128' date='Jan 11 2011, 08:01 AM']Really?? Blimey, I remember a time many years ago when they were nearly bin-material. Bloody wish I'd bought one then! :)[/quote]
Prices for used SG models have been increasing quite steadily. Like any instrument in production for a long period of time there are some highly desirable models out there (such as the SG1000-24 and SG1300-24 or SG2000JS and SG2000NW) and certain finishes that were only ever produced in small numbers for particular models (Jade Green and Gold Top SG3000 or SG2000) leaving aside the various limited edition models and colours. An all original SG175 would sell for a good price as this model was not produced in large numbers. I've been collecting SG models since the 80s (and currently own quite a few), and it's getting a lot more difficult to find good condition, original examples, at the right price. Take a look at the prices 70s and early 80s SG models sell for in Japan.