Why become a member? ×

favourite signature bass model?

minkey1980

As this is the only signature bass I have ever owned, then by default it has to the Rickenbacker 4001 C64S.

[attachment=66424:DSC02336.JPG]

I know that virtually all the members of BC don't like Rickenbackers, and even the ones who do will probably turn their noses up at the reversed headstock, but frankly my dears I don't give a damn... :)

[quote name='Conan' post='1058363' date='Dec 14 2010, 11:38 AM']You're talkin' my crack-a-lackin' language!! :)[/quote]

I can tell you, your S2 through my Ashdown MK500 was even more growling and fierce than Mark's Kinbgasses sounded through his Ashdown rig...what a beast! Heavier than the newer Status basses too, but it felt bombproof and all the better for it!

[quote name='fender73' post='1058567' date='Dec 14 2010, 02:29 PM']Tell me more...please....![/quote]
Billy S casually pulled it out of a case at Bass Player Live in LA a few weeks back.

He said he wasn't supposed to show anyone but felt he was among friends - could have been a stunt but it did seem like he was just excited to show it off.

I can't really remember that much other than it was light blue and had really heavily angled neck retaining bolts to make the neck/body joint even stronger.

I think he may have mentioned playing slightly with pickup positions but not 100% sure about that bit :)

Loads of people took pics and were filming on small cameras so may be some footage out there on YT.

[quote name='molan' post='1058893' date='Dec 14 2010, 07:46 PM']Billy S casually pulled it out of a case at Bass Player Live in LA a few weeks back.

He said he wasn't supposed to show anyone but felt he was among friends - could have been a stunt but it did seem like he was just excited to show it off.

I can't really remember that much other than it was light blue and had really heavily angled neck retaining bolts to make the neck/body joint even stronger.

I think he may have mentioned playing slightly with pickup positions but not 100% sure about that bit :D

Loads of people took pics and were filming on small cameras so may be some footage out there on YT.[/quote]

Is it the long awaited new Yamaha Attitude LTD III?

Back in the colour from the LTD I series? which i named "excalibur blue" as i played one and knew nothing would match the tone! (and nothing has!)

:)

If ANYONE hears ANYTHING, even rumours, about the Attitude, PLEASE PM with everything you know :) :lol:

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1058907' date='Dec 14 2010, 07:56 PM']Is it the long awaited new Yamaha Attitude LTD III?

Back in the colour from the LTD I series? which i named "excalibur blue" as i played one and knew nothing would match the tone! (and nothing has!)

:)

If ANYONE hears ANYTHING, even rumours, about the Attitude, PLEASE PM with everything you know :) :lol:[/quote]

He definitely announced it as a new version of the bass and said it would be released in the spring I think.

I couldn't really place the exact colour, I think he referred to it as a 'new' blue colour but again I could be wrong!

[quote name='matski' post='1058719' date='Dec 14 2010, 04:50 PM']As this is the only signature bass I have ever owned, then by default it has to the Rickenbacker 4001 C64S.

[attachment=66424:DSC02336.JPG]

I know that virtually all the members of BC don't like Rickenbackers, and even the ones who do will probably turn their noses up at the reversed headstock, but frankly my dears I don't give a damn... :D[/quote]

:) :) :lol:

[quote name='matski' post='1058719' date='Dec 14 2010, 04:50 PM']I know that virtually all the members of BC don't like Rickenbackers, and even the ones who do will probably turn their noses up at the reversed headstock, but frankly my dears I don't give a damn... :)[/quote]

I'm not much of a fan of Rickenbackers, but that is the nicest one I've seen...

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1059008' date='Dec 14 2010, 09:16 PM']Seafoam Green is the best colour![/quote]

Nah, that purple sparkle one is the best!

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='Rich' post='1058797' date='Dec 14 2010, 06:22 PM']The only signature bass worth considering.

[/quote]

Ahhh yes, indeed it is!! Interestingly, this is his Left Hand model I understand. I heard a rumour that Tony is ambidextrous and can play left hand if he wants to. (Hence the strap button on the lower horn)

Although not strictly a signature bass, the guitar version is. So, the EBMM Big Al:

[url="http://www.ernieball.com/forums/attachments/music-man-basses/9304d1287531973-nbd-big-al-4sss-out-delivery-p1020366a.jpg"]http://www.ernieball.com/forums/attachment...y-p1020366a.jpg[/url]

[url="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31lo8FtvE9L.jpg"]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31lo8FtvE9L.jpg[/url]

I usually never gel with odd shapes, but that bass said 'buy me' the minute I saw it. Passive single coils/tone control with additional active 4 band EQ and pickup selection?!

Oh yes.

I tried it as well. Liked it even more over a few days.

Edited by Musicman20

My Favourite signature models have to be the Duff McKagan and the Marcus Miller IV. The Mike Dirnt my friend owns is also pretty cool! Lakland DJ4 is also high up on my GAS-list.

But... am i the only person here that HATES the Mark Hoppus?

All i can say is - thank god i went to try one out, and didnt just buy one off of the internet blind. I would have sent it back instantly!