Why become a member? ×

The waiting is over

obbm

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='1059804' date='Dec 15 2010, 06:00 PM']Have they told you it will be with you dreckley?

Sorry Dave ... couldn't resist.[/quote]

:) :)

I would appreciate it if they had, but silence is golden where Interparcel are concerned.

My parcel eventually arrived (Glasgow to Newcastle) several days later than agreed, which was also Interparcel/UPS. Oddly enough I sent a complaint email and I've just got one back saying they apologise for not having picked it up, did I want to cancel... but it's sitting in front of me! Not sure you can blame IP/UPS as I think all couriers are shafted at the moment; I'm still waiting 3 days later for Royal Fail to deliver an effects pedal posted 'guaranteed' next day delivery!

We ordered three separate items from three different suppliers (Play.com, Wickes, Screwfix). On Tuesday, all three emailed us to say they would deliver yesterday (Wednesday) unless we contacted them to arrange an alternative date. Using their helpful web tools we rescheduled the deliveries for Today (Thursday) as we were going to be out all day Wednesday. Guess what, three delivery vans (two from the same firm!) roll up at 6.00pm yesterday (Wednesday) just as Mrs JPJ is arriving home, with the three deliveries.

And then this morning we get three emails confirming the change of delivery date and that our goods will be delivered on Thursday as requested! :)

Well some can get it right.

Last Friday I ordered a Freeview HD set-top box directly from Humax. I was offered a choice of delivery dates and selected today. Last night I got an email confirming delivery today, and at 09:50 this morning I got another email specifying that the delivery would be between 09:59 and 10:59. At about 10:10 it was delivered. Top marks to them.

The bass is still listed in the UPS warehouse. Interparcel are singularly unhelpful taking 2 days to respond to emails and then blaming UPS for having a huge backlog. In fact they should rename their Customer Service to Customer Dissatisfaction.

I feel your pain Dave :)

Things are pretty bad. I'm working at Lakeland (kitchen stuff and boring Xmas items) in their warehouse as a Xmas temp and the backlog has meant we have had to store stuff all over the place. Now the 2nd freeze is forecast and there's a panic on that Xmas deliveries won't be met. I can only imagine what the depot's are like at the moment. The Western world has gone online/mail order shopping crazy and the system seems to be struggling.

I hope the bass arrives safe and sound very soon Dave.

Peter

[quote name='JMT3781' post='1061700' date='Dec 17 2010, 03:39 PM']Are you far from the depot mate? not really sure of the distance between surrey and crawley..

it would drive me mad knowing it was just sat there. i had a simialr situaion with a shuker in the summer, when the delivery man failed to find my house on 2 occasions..[/quote]

I had a long chat with Interparcel this morning and told them I was prepared to drive the 50 miles each way to go and get it but they told me that UPS have such a huge backlog that they were not allowing personal collection. They also told me that they had been chasing it with UPS.

Anyway half way through lunch today a UPS van rolls up and lo and behold it's the bass. I know the driver as he is always delivering to me and he said that despite the weather problems last week UPS only drafted in additional manpower on Monday, after the situation had got out of control. The box was extremely cold so I am having to curb my impatience and allow it to come up to temperature before opening it. Photos up later this evening after I've had a play.

This sounds as frustrating as the delivery of your first child!!

Is it a boy or a girl?? Do we have a happy father and is delivery doing fine??

Are you waiting for the grandparents before posting the pics - I think everybody who's followed this saga is waiting [b]expectantly [/b]for them..

I've used Interparcel before - they're just a shipping agent with little control over the couriers they use. Big UPS fail on this.

Anyway - I ordered a giant box of Bass from a fishmongers in Moffat for our Boxing day kedgeree and the idiots from UPS have just delivered me a new bass guitar - are you sure you don't want to check what's in your box, because if it's full of rotting fish there just aren't enough emoticons on the forum for you to use!!! :)

Im glad its finally arrived, hope its ok.

[quote name='obbm' post='1061724' date='Dec 17 2010, 04:01 PM']The box was extremely cold so I am having to curb my impatience and allow it to come up to temperature before opening it.[/quote]

Sir you have a will of iron.

Edited by daz

[quote name='Hamster' post='1061825' date='Dec 17 2010, 05:32 PM']I've used Interparcel before - they're just a shipping agent with little control over the couriers they use. Big UPS fail on this.

Anyway - I ordered a giant box of Bass from a fishmongers in Moffat for our Boxing day kedgeree and the idiots from UPS have just delivered me a new bass guitar - are you sure you don't want to check what's in your box, because if it's full of rotting fish there just aren't enough emoticons on the forum for you to use!!! :)[/quote]

Nope. Wasn't your fish. :)

I was originally considering an MM Sterling 5 but then decided that for the same money I could have a completely custom bass.
The original spec was 5-string with MM SR5 spacing, HS pickups and headless so it would easily fit in the Smart.

Body is Asian Ebony on Swap Ash

Neck is Maple/Wenge with a Flame Sycamore fretboard

It doesn't appear to have suffered from it's travels. Here a few quick pics.
Alan has some much nicer shots which should appear on his web site.

Neck side dots are illuminated blue through fibre-optics from a single LED in the control cavity.

First impressions are that it oozes quality. The neck feels very comfortable and easy to play - this was one of my concerns as I have short fingers. Basic tone is excellent - I now have to master the pre-amp.

[quote name='obbm' post='1061911' date='Dec 17 2010, 07:01 PM']Neck side dots are illuminated blue through fibre-optics from a single LED in the control cavity.[/quote]
Does that mean you can swap the LED and change the dot colour? Sweet! (Is that how they normally do it?). Not normally a big fan of strange custom shapes but this looks very sleek and functional. Looks like a proper player.

[quote name='LawrenceH' post='1061924' date='Dec 17 2010, 07:09 PM']Does that mean you can swap the LED and change the dot colour? Sweet! (Is that how they normally do it?). Not normally a big fan of strange custom shapes but this looks very sleek and functional. Looks like a proper player.[/quote]

I suppose it does. I've not looked inside the cavity yet. Normally necks have individual LEDS inserted in them.

The body shape is ACG's standard Harlot profile.