Why become a member? ×

The waiting is over

obbm

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1052444' date='Dec 9 2010, 09:38 AM']Personally not being a massive s/c fan or that much into dark woods (which seem to be the most popular choices) I know what you mean but after you've actually held one in your hands and heard the quality of tone they produce you are like Hmmmm. Alan's basses would be one occasion where the word "awesome" wouldn't be an exaggeration.[/quote]

Im sure your right, they definitely radiate quality, even from the pics but still, paying that sort of money and compromising on looks means i probably still wouldnt want one.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='1052454' date='Dec 9 2010, 09:46 AM']Im sure your right, they definitely radiate quality, even from the pics but still, paying that sort of money and compromising on looks means i probably still wouldnt want one.[/quote]

Probably best you stick to Fenders then!

As for the colour issue, just look at what Alan can get for you if you ask, woods as colourful as you like! My bass has an incredible orange hue to it...

I do remember when I first turned up to buy the bass and Peter opened the case, I went :) - you just couldn't capture the orange hue in photographs, or the rich gold colour of the back.

That said, the majority of Fenders I find extremely sub par in terms of looks, sound and feel, so I suppose it's all just a question of what you want and what you're willing to settle for.

[quote name='skelf' post='1057628' date='Dec 13 2010, 06:33 PM']The bass is stuck in an UPS warehouse while they clear the back log of deliveries. If only they had pointed this out before taking the booking and the money.
So went out on Wednesday for next day delivery and has not moved from Crawley since Thursday.[/quote]

Hence seriously concerned and bl**dy annoyed with Interparcel and UPS.

[quote name='obbm' post='1057635' date='Dec 13 2010, 06:36 PM']Hence seriously concerned and bl**dy annoyed with Interparcel and UPS.[/quote]

Ditto, on the 7th Dec I booked a parcel to be collected from Glasgow on Friday 10th (plenty of warning for Interparcel/UPS to organise collection), unfortunately they couldn't collect Friday 10th but could do it today (13th), so have they... apparently not according to the tracking details!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1057638' date='Dec 13 2010, 06:38 PM']Id suggest a claim against the parcel company. Im not sure whether they will say the weather is something you cant complain against, but they should at least give you a discount.[/quote]

The devil is in the detail and just as Royal Mail have managed to sidestep guaranteed delivery (despite the barstewards RM taking my money for the service) by quoting the weather as a factor beyond their control (Durgh the weather is beyond their control but taking money for a guaranteed delivery which can't happen IS within their control), so couriers are able to do the same; it'll be in the small print!

Rant off and as a fellow sufferer of incompetence, I feel for you Dave. :)

The bass in the pics is not my cup of tea shape-wise and I have indeed gone back to Fender type configs myself for this reason but it looks very well crafted and the orange colour was the rich red type of thing I was going for with my bubinga and maple Sei.
In good light the colour of mine is very nice but yours photographs very well indeed.

[quote name='JTUK' post='1057681' date='Dec 13 2010, 07:16 PM']The bass in the pics is not my cup of tea shape-wise and I have indeed gone back to Fender type configs myself for this reason but it looks very well crafted and the orange colour was the rich red type of thing I was going for with my bubinga and maple Sei.
In good light the colour of mine is very nice but yours photographs very well indeed.[/quote]

The bass in the picture is not mine. Although I have some pictures from Alan I will post my own as and when it arrives.

The part that bugs me the most was that they knew they could not delivery it but still took the booking made no mention of it being impossible to deliver. They have got the weather to blame so the insurance is void for the next day delivery. If however the bass has been damaged while kicking about their warehouse that should be different. I am hoping all will be well with the bass but if not I will be perusing a claim for any damage done while in their care.

[quote name='skelf' post='1057782' date='Dec 13 2010, 08:35 PM']The part that bugs me the most was that they knew they could not delivery it but still took the booking made no mention of it being impossible to deliver. They have got the weather to blame so the insurance is void for the next day delivery. If however the bass has been damaged while kicking about their warehouse that should be different. I am hoping all will be well with the bass but if not I will be perusing a claim for any damage done while in their care.[/quote]

That's what bugs me; I've organised a courier (UPS through Interparcel) to collect a cab and sent a couple of Leatherman tools via Royal Mail and BOTH parties accepted enhanced payment for next day delivery yet knew fine well they couldn't fulfil their obligation! The worst part is that Interparcel couldn't even collect on the agreed date despite no new snow or change in weather conditions for days. Grrrrr :)

If it helps at all, I had to wait 2-3 days for deliveries on my two recent Rays, and they should have been next day. Both times, the couriers involved had problems, like a problem at the depot, and one of them went to another depot before coming to the one near me!

Nightmare! But, and the great thing is, they were both FANTASTIC when I did get them. Both were flawless, untouched, and the parcels/packing were also as youd expect...no worrying bumps.

This was nearer the summer so I didnt have the weather to worry about, but Im sure the bass is fine.

I 100% agree to claim straight away if anything is wrong.

Well it's now week since my bass was despatched on a 24hr service from Moffat. Interparcel are saying that it's down to UPS and their tracking shows it's been sitting in a UPS warehouse for 6 days. Alan and I keep trying to get answers from Interparcel but they just refuse to answer any emails so I don't know what is happening or when it will be delivered. Because they used UPS as the carrier Interparcel think they can absolve themselves of all responsibility.

We are housebound just in case it comes as the last thing I want is for it to go back to the warehouse again. All I can do is look at the pictures that Alan sent me and imagine what it will like to play.

I will never ever use Interparcel for any of my shipments. :) as there isn't an emoticon for "bloody furious".

[quote name='obbm' post='1059658' date='Dec 15 2010, 03:41 PM']Well it's now week since my bass was despatched on a 24hr service from Moffat. Interparcel are saying that it's down to UPS and their tracking shows it's been sitting in a UPS warehouse for 6 days. Alan and I keep trying to get answers from Interparcel but they just refuse to answer any emails so I don't know what is happening or when it will be delivered. Because they used UPS as the carrier Interparcel think they can absolve themselves of all responsibility.

We are housebound just in case it comes as the last thing I want is for it to go back to the warehouse again. All I can do is look at the pictures that Alan sent me and imagine what it will like to play.

I will never ever use Interparcel for any of my shipments. :) as there isn't an emoticon for "bloody furious".[/quote]

Heck, I feel your pain! :)

I think the problem is, almost all couriers are rubbish, nearly all the time. Very frustrating when you consider their actual job is to deliver, and thats it.