Why become a member? ×

Some nice CIJ basses for sale

neilb

John at fareastguitars has some lovely basses in at the moment, inc a 75 reissue Jazz in black, mirror guard and block neck.

Book in!!!!

[url="http://www.fareastguitars.co.uk/usedbasses.htm"]FarEast[/url]

Edited by neilb

[quote name='Rumble' post='117325' date='Jan 9 2008, 07:13 PM']What's with the two natural '75 RI's being different colours? Have they just used a slightly darker lacquer/vanish on the one at the top?[/quote]
And the first one, being older , has aged more than the one thats one 5 or so years old.

[quote name='Tee' post='117667' date='Jan 10 2008, 10:08 AM']Indeed nice, but you can save a bundle more importing it new, yourself.[/quote]

True, I'm waiting for one from Ishibashi, very good price indeed but The basses on the Far East site always look in great condition, can't knock the guy for making a living.

[quote name='Jase' post='117682' date='Jan 10 2008, 10:35 AM']True, I'm waiting for one from Ishibashi, very good price indeed but The basses on the Far East site always look in great condition, can't knock the guy for making a living.[/quote]

Suppose that depends how much he's hoping to make...incuding customs you can get a brand new one cheaper.

the cheaper jazz also has strat knobs on it. hence cheaper.
I got my bass from him, its ace.
Hes good if you dont want to import yourself.
And dont forget bass gear is considerably more expensive for people not on basschat or the like as they dont have access to so much second hand stuff.

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='117922' date='Jan 10 2008, 03:51 PM']Suppose that depends how much he's hoping to make...incuding customs you can get a brand new one cheaper.[/quote]

Must be worth his while to some degree.

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='122332' date='Jan 17 2008, 05:38 PM']anyone know offhand how much Ishibashi charges for shipping to th UK?[/quote]

I bought a P Bass middle of last year. they charge 10,000 Yen for shipping in a gigbag, think it was 12,500 Yen with a hard case iirc

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='118022' date='Jan 10 2008, 05:42 PM']And dont forget bass gear is considerably more expensive for people not on basschat or the like as they dont have access to so much second hand stuff.[/quote]

Ugh! Just imagine :)

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='122332' date='Jan 17 2008, 05:38 PM']anyone know offhand how much Ishibashi charges for shipping to th UK?[/quote]

I just had one delivered to the door Wednesday, 82,000 yen. Good people to deal with.

Shipping was 14,000 (forgot to mention)

Edited by Jase

Don't take this the wrong way, it's not a dig or anything, but there seems to be the idea that the Japanese are great at making guitars, with a lot of people of the opinion that MIJ/CIJ are better than MIA/MIM - why do people want US pickups? Is there the concensus that they sound better?
Cheers.

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='122571' date='Jan 18 2008, 12:48 AM']Thanks for the replies guys, it's very tempting as there's a rather tasty 75 Jazz on there in just the spec I want (well, that is if it's fitted with US pickups, it's quite hard to glean the information from the site).[/quote]

[quote name='WishICouldWalk' post='122605' date='Jan 18 2008, 06:47 AM']Don't take this the wrong way, it's not a dig or anything, but there seems to be the idea that the Japanese are great at making guitars, with a lot of people of the opinion that MIJ/CIJ are better than MIA/MIM - why do people want US pickups? Is there the concensus that they sound better?
Cheers.[/quote]

Just speaking for myself....I don't think one is better than the other, I have two US models and one 62 CIJ, the reason I'm drawn to CIJ's is it's another "flavour" I like the idea of having a bass with a vintage radius, vintage style tuners and spiral bridge (can't afford a genuine 62 :) ) they're great to play and they come in at a good price. I'd use either USA or CIJ they're just as good as each other.