Why become a member? ×

STEVE HARRIS

H the Bass

As promised to a couple of members here are some pics of my 51'Reissue Precision bass,though they dont really do it justice,must get a better camera,anyway it was made for Maidens tour of Japan in the late 90's by the Fender Custom Shop Japan,Steve Harris played it a couple of times and decided it didn't really fit Maidens image!Ive' only seen one in Gold before and that was in rock legend Bob Daisley's collection,i believe its got USA hardware but i have no idea what the pick up is?,but it sounds awesome strung with Steve Harris signature flatwounds i snaffled it soon as and regularly gig with it with my band The Expendables!ENJOY!Check out that beautifully figured maple neck!

Edited by H the Bass

[quote name='bartelby' post='1026117' date='Nov 16 2010, 05:47 PM']That is beautiful!!!

I kinda agree that it doesn't fit with Maiden's image though :)[/quote]
Maiden? Maiden? Young lady? Fits right in! :)
Craking bass - some full frontal and full length foties pleez?

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='1026421' date='Nov 16 2010, 09:54 PM']I agree with you Ray, this bass is just... UUURRRRRGH! I'm sure it sounds sweet and plays like a dream but what in the name of Eddie was Steve Harris doing commissioning this thing under his name?[/quote]
One mans meat another mans poison i guess but lets get this straight Steve did not commision this it was a pressie from Fender Japan whilst on tour there,the sound though is something else and beats the hell out of a mudbucker!! Thanx for the comments anyway!All the best H

[quote name='GremlinAndy' date='Nov 17 2010, 09:16 PM' post='1027335']
Love that bass! Would be SUPER proud to own/play it myself. I agree it might take a bit of balls but if you wear pajamas, or a smoking jacket it'd be perfectly camoflaged. "Niiiiice".

PM me if you ever wanna sell :)
[/quote
Divides opinons doesn't it though most people like it and it looks great under lights when playing Hendrix or Cream etc!

• 8 months later...