Why become a member? ×

Fender CS 64 NOS Jazz in excellent condition

Clarky

I have just taken delivery of Fender Custom Shop NOS 64 Jazz in 3TS/tort as part of a trade for my AC Willie Weeks and want to move this on to realise the cash.

Made in 2006, its in excellent condition (just a little loss of paint by the neck pocket, on the underside, presumably where someone had the neck off to adjust the truss rod) and one or two other tiny marks which wouldn't show up in a photo (mainly slight imprints in the nitro finish from the edge of the no-longer-fitted chrome cover; OutToPlayJazz noted the same with his 2010 50th anniv Jazz). Low action (c.2.5-3.0 mm at the 12th fret) and plays really well. Weighs less than 9 lbs.

It has the custom shop case (looks as-new) and all the case candy inc chrome covers, Custom Shop certificate and the rest still in original sealed bag).
Actual photos below (updated):
[attachment=58885:IMG_0438.JPG][attachment=58887:IMG_0439.JPG][attachment=58888:IMG_0437.JPG]

Looking for £1600 posted ono (for contiental European BassChatters its Euro 1,900 plus postage). Its not a limited edition, unlike wolldav's, hence lower price if BC'ers are comparing the two. It is nevertheless a Custom Shop bass with all the bells and whistles and extra care/attention/quality that implies. There's a s/h one on eBay for £1670 including post (link: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-2009-USA-CUSTOM-SHOP-N-O-S-1964-JAZZ-BASS-/140453864750?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item20b3b3e52e"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-2009-USA-CUST...=item20b3b3e52e[/url] ) but generally these run to £2,000+ (up to £2,400) new. So I think my price is a fair one

Edited by Clarky

To view the model page on the Fender website: [url="http://www.fender.com/customshop/instruments/search.php?partno=0151300800"]http://www.fender.com/customshop/instrumen...rtno=0151300800[/url]

Here are the specs:

Series Time Machine™ Series
Model Name ‘64 Jazz Bass® NOS
Model Number 015-1300-(800)
Colors (800) 3-Color Sunburst, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
Body Select Alder
Neck Maple, "C" Shape, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
Fingerboard Round Laminate Rosewood, 7.25” Radius (184 mm)
No. of Frets 20 Vintage Style Frets
Pickups 2 Vintage Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickups
Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
Pickup Switching None
Bridge American Vintage Jazz Bass
Machine Heads Vintage Style Reverse Machine Heads
Hardware Nickel/Chrome
Pickguard 4-Ply Tortoise Shell
Scale Length 34” (864 mm)
Width at Nut 1.50” (38mm)
Unique Features Built as if Bought New in its Respective Year and Brought Forward in Time.
Strings Fender Super Bass 7250ML, NPS,
Gauges: (.045, .065, .080, .100),
P/N 073-7250-005
Accessories Deluxe Black Hardshell Case (Orange Interior), Strap, Cable
Case Deluxe Black Hardshell Case
Introduced 1/1999

Didn't really get the chance to play this newly-arrived bass yesterday as got in late from the Arsenal drubbing of Braga ( :) )

However, just spent half an hour noodling on it this evening. My word, this is the nicest Fender Jazz I have ever played, up there with Nash for construction and playability (albeit with your typical slim J neck as opposed to the chunky Nash neck). Beautiful nitro finish, very light, very slick to play and looks considerably classier than the (already good) American Standard Jazz.

Bump for a superb bass that will make someone REALLY happy

Friday bump - I am trying to decide whether to keep this (as many have suggested to me). To be honest, I could probably use the cash more (and I have a history of falling head over heels with Jazzes then selling them on when I re-discover that I prefer my Precision), so its still for sale for now.

I will weigh this precisely over the weekend but, from playing it, it may even be as light as my 72P which is about 8.5lb

Ramble over//

Edited by Clarky

I spent a long time playing this bass last night and have just spent another half hour with it. Its just lovely and I'm really not sure I should sell it. So, much as I would like the cash, I am withdrawng the bass for sale for now and seeing how I get on with it.

As I said in an earlier post, I have a history of falling for Jazzes and then re-considering after comparing with my Precision. However, this one is certainly the nicest Fender Jazz I have ever played and I want to be sure I am not making a big mistake by selling it.

Good on ya!
I had the exact same problem two months ago when I put my Yamaha up for sale. Since I've withdrawn it, I've played it everyday and I'm beginning to truly appreciate what a special guitar it is. If I'd have sold it, I reckon I'd be looking for another one right now!

Truckstop

[quote name='Clarky' post='960324' date='Sep 18 2010, 12:32 PM']I spent a long time playing this bass last night and have just spent another half hour with it. Its just lovely and I'm really not sure I should sell it. So, much as I would like the cash, I am withdrawng the bass for sale for now and seeing how I get on with it.

As I said in an earlier post, I have a history of falling for Jazzes and then re-considering after comparing with my Precision. However, this one is certainly the nicest Fender Jazz I have ever played and I want to be sure I am not making a big mistake by selling it.[/quote]

I'll give it a week :)

[quote name='tredders' post='960390' date='Sep 18 2010, 02:05 PM']I'll give it a week :)[/quote]
Try 4 hours, Tredders!

Sorry for being a plonker here. I A/B'd it against my Precision and I just know that I will end up favouring my Precision. It feels more like an old pair of slippers to me and I have more of a Precision sound in my head than a Jazz sound. So the 64 Jazz is back up FS at £1600 ono posted.

PS, I weighed it with my digital scales and it comes in between 8.8-8.9 lb

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='molan' post='960632' date='Sep 18 2010, 06:18 PM']Damn - I nearly posted earlier that I'd take bets on this being up for sale before the end of the weekend but thought that maybe I was being a bit harsh, lol.[/quote]
Fair comment Barrie! I wavered as its so pretty but I have a greater need of moolah and more basses than I need :)