Why become a member? ×

Fender CS 64 NOS Jazz in excellent condition

Clarky

That phase of my life is over, jon, I'm back in London :)

And Jigster, Kenny were a sh*te teeny band post Bay City Rollers and had a hit with "The bump" - chorus "there's a new dance that is going around called the bump, its the bump ..." etc Yep, it hasn't survived the test of time too well.

Looking over the FS boards, its evident there isn't much money floating around. I appreciate £1500-odd is a lot of dosh so I would potentially consider another part-cash trade as long as the cash was in the majority.

Not really trying to add to my bass collection but I would consider a vgc s/h 2008/9/10 (non-S1) American Std Jazz (only in oly white or sunburst) as part-ex. Very specific I know but I don't like many colours, only want a USA Fender (snob), and I have a lovely P bass already.

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='964073' date='Sep 22 2010, 08:18 AM']Looking over the FS boards, i[color="#8B0000"][b]ts evident there isn't much money floating around.[/b][/color] I appreciate £1500-odd is a lot of dosh so I would potentially consider another part-cash trade as long as the cash was in the majority.

Not really trying to add to my bass collection but I would consider a vgc s/h 2008/9/10 (non-S1) American Std Jazz (only in oly white or sunburst) as part-ex. Very specific I know but I don't like many colours, only want a USA Fender (snob), and I have a lovely P bass already.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Clarky' post='964999' date='Sep 22 2010, 09:29 PM']Today's bump is brought to you from Stockholm where I am told Tom Jones is gigging tonight. He obviously did not know I was available for bass duties ....[/quote]

there's a very nice vintage guitar shop in Stockholm - I remember turning left by a bridge somewhere!! :)

[quote name='Jigster' post='965018' date='Sep 22 2010, 09:41 PM']there's a very nice vintage guitar shop in Stockholm - I remember turning left by a bridge somewhere!! :)[/quote]
Unfortunately I won't have time for fun tomorrow. On Friday, however, I am in Copenhagen and have an hour or two kill in the afternoon before flight back to Blighty. So if anyone happens to know any cool bass shops in Copenhagen ...

[quote name='Clarky' post='965025' date='Sep 22 2010, 09:45 PM']Unfortunately I won't have time for fun tomorrow. On Friday, however, I am in Copenhagen and have an hour or two kill in the afternoon before flight back to Blighty. So if anyone happens to know any cool bass shops in Copenhagen ...[/quote]

Try Woodstock Guitars (Borgergade 14). It's a relatively new store in Copenhagen, but they have one in Århus (2nd largest city in DK) which is quite nice :-)

They should also have some vintage stuff.

Danish bump - like Danish bacon only less tasty!

PS, BoomBass I stumbled across a big music shop in the centre of Copenhagen (Aage? Near the Round Tower). Lovely selection of Fenders (includinga Pino Precision), Sanbergs etc. Of course I only bought some strings!

[quote name='Clarky' post='966781' date='Sep 24 2010, 03:03 PM']...Lovely selection of Fenders (includinga Pino Precision), Sanbergs etc. Of course I only bought [s]some strings[/s] the Pino![/quote]

Amended for ya Clarky :)

P.S. I-would-be-interested-if-I-had-the-dough Bump

Edited by jonthebass

[quote name='Clarky' post='966789' date='Sep 24 2010, 03:09 PM']:)

The Pino was gorgeous but unfortunately displayed in a glass case so I couldn't get to play it. It was also about £2500 when translated from Kroner, so the strings won out[/quote]

Did you see any Celinders there Mr. C?

[quote name='jonthebass' post='966791' date='Sep 24 2010, 03:11 PM']Did you see any Celinders there Mr. C?[/quote]
Sadly not. Didn't have time (so I thought) to peruse more shops due to flight back to London. Found out when I got to airport thta flight delayed by hour and a half. I am sat in airport lounge mightily peeved, knowing my evening is now b*ggered. So cheer me up someone and buy my bass. Its an order!

[quote name='Clarky' post='966781' date='Sep 24 2010, 03:03 PM']Danish bump - like Danish bacon only less tasty!

PS, BoomBass I stumbled across a big music shop in the centre of Copenhagen (Aage? Near the Round Tower). Lovely selection of Fenders (includinga Pino Precision), Sanbergs etc. Of course I only bought some strings![/quote]

Yeah, I know Aage. Also a great store :-)

[quote name='jonthebass' post='966791' date='Sep 24 2010, 03:11 PM']Did you see any Celinders there Mr. C?[/quote]

Oh, I remember back when Celinder had his own 'store' - or maybe more like a public showroom in Copenhagen. Man, I spent an entire afternoon in there the first time I was there. Thumping and banging on those great Updates... I miss my Celinder Update... :-(

Well jsixties' beautiful Dakota red CS 64J is now 'on hold' so, folks, this is the last CS 64J for sale on BassChat. Get in quick or .... don't!

This is a reminder of what my one looks like:

[attachment=59625:002.JPG]

G'waan, you know you want it!