Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='fifeq' post='160921' date='Mar 20 2008, 05:37 PM']i want this amp! :) oh i have the same :huh:

what you think about it![/quote]

Powerful! It pumps well.

Consider i ordered an Ampeg BA115 HPT in november, and it did not arrive. So in february i bought this.

Edited by odysseios

[quote name='BassBalls' post='161001' date='Mar 20 2008, 06:31 PM']NIce!!!! Is that a tokai jazz bass?[/quote]

Hehe, no it's a 'Joodee Performer' P bass copy. It was made in Japan in the 70's I think and seems of a really high quality to me. It was my first bass and I still play it sometimes.

A slightly messy pic of mine from recent Panic Room rehearsals....

Markbass LMII
Old style Ashdown Mag210T

Cort Curbow 6
Defretted Washburn MB6

And my pedalboard from the same session..

The power supplies were playing up so it was taken apart and a bit of a mess (Diago on its way!) but the contents are..

Zoom B2.1u
EBS Multicomp
EHX Micro POG
Ibanez PD7 Phathead
Danelectro Backtalk

Cheers
Alun

Every time I go lightweight I end up carrying drum hardware or something which frankly is the most horrible thing in the world to try and carry through doors and just to balance in general, so why not make em' pay and get a hand with a cab? ;0)

[attachment=7316:P3290045.JPG][attachment=7317:P3290046.JPG]
Hi everyone, time to show you mine!!!(2xaccugroove tri110's &Ebs td650 head)
This is my latest rig and im loving it!!!, over the years ive used carlsboro, marshall,fender, trace elliot, hartke, swr, ashdown, Ebs,in every speaker combination(mostly 4x10 &1x15 setups) and this is the first rig i can manage by myself up a fight of stairs ( even though the accugrooves are big for 1x10 cabs) they are really light and sound fantastic, i was going to sell the EBS td650 to buy a markbass f1 or something but i love the sound so much i put up with the fact its built like a tank( and weighs about the same) so finally a happy bunny. mind you the Td has room for another 4ohms, so i thought an EBS neo 1x15 or get another two accugroove tri 110's to make the biggest 4x10 ever (always been fond of that setup) imagine that it;ll be 4x10, 4x6 & 8 soft dome tweeters, that'll make the horn players cringe when i turn up at the theatre pits ha ha!!!.
No need to do that at the mo very happy(for a change) with what ive got, no pics of the pedalboard as yet but ill sort it.
Keep groovin my brothers- all the best-LEE :)

Hi steve
I bought the gramma while i was working on the cruise ships, i was playing through an ashdown 2x10 combo but the band was put in a kind of wooden box of a room, and i had no end of problems with acoustic coupling (when a cab is on a floor it connects with it producing a lot of low end, which im sure you know) the bass just sounded really boomy(not helped by the ashdown) and i found it hard to control, i even cut a lot of the bass on the EQ but it was unbearable, i saw an advert for these in bass player a while ago and managed to find a british company on Ebay that sold them it was about £70 they are much cheaper now though, and i must admit i was sceptical but a bit desperate to solve this problem so i bought one and it was fantastic it tightened the sound up no end, for years when i worked the holiday camps and toured in caberet shows i used to nick beer crates or bose 802 covers, anything i could get my hands on so my rig didnt touch the floor as if i want loads of bass i want to add it with eq and be able to control it, not have a boomey sound i cant control, as the advertising garb for the gramma states its a tweak for the room not your rig!! and its really true, it just takes a bit of crap out of your way, one of the best sounds i ever had was at an army base gig in edinborough where the stage was thickly carpeted and id just bought a hartke rig with my student loan and it was so clean and tight and i always atributed that to the room which the whole band agreed sounded fantastic using this replicated that! so anyway too my point i love it and will always use it as i like to take anything that could ruin my tone out of the equation and i find (IMHO) it works really well, but dont get me wrong i have used it in some rooms and nothing can help but most of the gigs i do now are small theatre gigs in pits so ive had no bother. Anyway spunktastick is a fantastic description and i thank you, and i know your rig is even more amazing( i wanted the tri 112's) keep in touch mate always great talking to you-LEE :)

Just read your sig. How much of an improvement?
[/quote]

Here is mine....

Eden Nemesis NC810 (8*10 combo), Rack containing a Korg DTR1000, James Lamenzo Hyperdrive and a Russian Big Muff. I have a Barge Concepts VB-jr (Variable Blend True Bypass Looper) on it's way. My Dean Z Tour is the Bass shown in the pictures.

Thanks,

Jim.

Well, I got the 4x8 cab - thanx again to John for the pointer :)

So, the full monstrosity:

[attachment=7339:fullrig.jpg]

I'll more than likely use these two configs tho:

[attachment=7340:8x8.jpg]
8x8, hooray! It sounds amazing :huh:

[attachment=7341:2x15.jpg]
This one sounds hooooooooge