Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

I've not played through a better combination than this so far - I've been mulling over the thought of buying this 2x15 for ages, it's stupidly loud, and punchy- it goes WAY lower without a the slightest of winces than any 10" loaded cab I've ever played through and is most definitely a full range cab- really great top end and plenty of clarity.

I've not tried it in anger yet (well, not outside of Gak- I did give it some stick!) but have a 4 hour band practice tomorrow- I can't wait ;D

And if I'd had more money and went for the 2001RB I'd be in danger of keeping my 2x10 and using this!

Bollock shakingly good!

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='139164' date='Feb 12 2008, 11:10 PM']My new rig, thanks to Mark at Bassdirect, a really fantastic guy to deal with.

This is the best that I've ever played through, and I mean the best.[/quote]Hi Kev, I really glad you are happy with your new rig. I played through the Crown and the Tri 112's last night at rehearsals while auditioning a guitarist and I could hear myself like never before. And they were dead loud. Going up 3 flights of stairs has never been easier :)

Edited by steve-soar

Here is my rig again with my latest addition - an FBV Shortboard with a little animal that controls the buttons for you (optional extra)

BTW its a Trace V4 1x15 200w combo which I LOVE, with footswitch for channels and compressor, Line6 Pod XT Pro and FBV Shortboard (I play through this in the studio and when I use the trace I go through it for the compressor and a bit of reverb) and there is an old FX25 there too. You can see my Shure E2c headphones there too which are great for recording and practice!

ped

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='109415' date='Dec 26 2007, 11:13 AM']Here's both of mine currently.

Trace Elliot V8 valve rig: Good for fat sounds, heavy sounds, and random internal decoration. GK SS rig: Good for the Smith basses and situations where I'm swapping between instruments often.

Plus two 140w Burman Pro4000 heads:

One of these has 10 hours playing time since new in 1984.

My first decent rig was a Peavey TNT150 followed by a Trace AH250 Series 6 with a Peavey 410TX and then an SWR Triad cab. That all happened before I actually owned a camera. Photographic records started with this:

and at one point it got as crazy as this:
[/quote]

O woned a burman 4000 head in 1982 and toured Europe with it. Had a fantastic deep bass sound and was even good hooked up to a 4x12 with a guitar through it. I have always regretted getting rid of it

• 2 weeks later...

Recording setup last week:

[attachment=6036:rec_bass...p_resize.jpg]

Sunn 1200s and TLA compressor and Ampeg V4 through 2x Aguilar GS412 cabs.
Massive thanks to G-Bitch for the V4. Sounded amazing.

My pedal board split my signal 1 or 2 octaves up, through a separate fx chain and into then into this:

[attachment=6037:rec_guitar_resize.jpg]

Or a Twin depending on the song.

Edited by joegarcia

[quote name='joegarcia' post='148420' date='Feb 28 2008, 02:34 PM']Recording setup last week:

[attachment=6036:rec_bass...p_resize.jpg]

Sunn 1200s and TLA compressor and Ampeg V4 through 2x Aguilar GS412 cabs.
Massive thanks to G-Bitch for the V4. Sounded amazing.

My pedal board split my signal 1 or 2 octaves up, through a separate fx chain and into then into this:

[attachment=6037:rec_guitar_resize.jpg]

Or a Twin depending on the song.[/quote]
Joe,

Was the room ambient mic'd as well? I'm just trying to work out why you'd want such a massive rig for recording when the Mic is only on one speaker? I can understand with your second setup - becuse there are mics on 3 of the speakers (by the looks of it all different mics)

bit of a monster that rig though ^^

Here's my new one.

Thanks to Alex for the B2s.

Not heard it in full flight yet. Even with one speaker on it's making a mess of my kitchen.

[url="http://dev.inogen.co.uk/misc_images/stack.jpg"]MacMearshall[/url] (not like Tee's Oranguilar at all :))

Edited by bigjohn

[quote name='bigjohn' post='150524' date='Mar 3 2008, 06:00 PM']Here's my new one.

Thanks to Alex for the B2s.

Not heard it in full flight yet. Even with one speaker on it's making a mess of my kitchen.

[url="http://dev.inogen.co.uk/misc_images/stack.jpg"]MacMearshall[/url] (not like Tee's Oranguilar at all :))[/quote]

Hi,

How does the marshall sound? What is the eq like? Can you get it to distort nicely like an ampeg?

My Gallien Krueger 200MB (the predecessor of the MB150) and one of the Warwick Thumbs. The GK has been doing sterling service for me for 15 years or so, this Thumb NT is a more recent acquisition.

Edited by tauzero

[quote name='tauzero' post='151248' date='Mar 4 2008, 07:12 PM']My Gallien Krueger 200MB (the predecessor of the MB150) and one of the Warwick Thumbs. The GK has been doing sterling service for me for 15 years or so, this Thumb NT is a more recent acquisition.

[/quote]

:huh: I had to do a double take on that one... I kept looking and thinking 'that bridge isn't right'; never gave the scale of a 12" speaker next to a 'W' Thumb a thought :)

This is what I'm using at the minute:

Not the best shot, but my rooms a bit of a state so this is the best you're getting at the minute! There's also a Sage Green Fender Jazz but I'm loving my Precision at the minute. Just out of shot is the lone pedal, a Boss ODB-3, which I dislike, it's too fizzy.

Edited by jono b

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='151262' date='Mar 4 2008, 07:25 PM']:huh: I had to do a double take on that one... I kept looking and thinking 'that bridge isn't right'; never gave the scale of a 12" speaker next to a 'W' Thumb a thought :)[/quote]

ME too! Im so confused!!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='151262' date='Mar 4 2008, 07:25 PM']:huh: I had to do a double take on that one... I kept looking and thinking 'that bridge isn't right'; never gave the scale of a 12" speaker next to a 'W' Thumb a thought :)[/quote]

ha ha! yeah that had me going for a while as well! ;) ;)

[quote name='BassBalls' post='150903' date='Mar 4 2008, 10:22 AM']Hi,

How does the marshall sound? What is the eq like? Can you get it to distort nicely like an ampeg?[/quote]

Yeah Yeah Yeah. It's a beast :huh: It does some mean distorted sounds.

Nice with these Low B Cabs too (although I don't do low :). All the overdrive is amp not cab. It's deeeep.

Eq is good - it makes a difference - it always sounds rock/blues though. Which is nice ;)