Why become a member? ×

Bass Day UK 2010

Gary

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='980953' date='Oct 7 2010, 09:04 PM']Hi guys. I've not actually purchased a bass day ticket or anything. I'd really like to know if there is even the remotest possibility of being refused entry or being sold out on the door because there is no way I want to be staying in this sh*t hole for another weekend just to be told I'm not allowed in...[/quote]

Which sh*t Hole is that?

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='981010' date='Oct 7 2010, 10:13 PM']Sounds like what you need is a BASSDAY :brow: !

I'm certain you can pay on the door mate, although it works out cheaper to buy in advance...[/quote]

im about to buy tickets for me n a mate via paypal, just before i do can anyone advise me on what i need to bring? is it just my paypal receipt? as i dont see anywhere to print tickets off?

:)

thanks

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='982509' date='Oct 9 2010, 01:33 PM']im about to buy tickets for me n a mate via paypal, just before i do can anyone advise me on what i need to bring? is it just my paypal receipt? as i dont see anywhere to print tickets off?

:)

thanks[/quote]

You should get an option to print,I did.Saying that last year I forgot to take it and just gave them my paypal name and all was cool,Ta.

Just make sure she puts the wrist band on straight because last year the glue was pulling all the hairs out of my arm! (Or shave your wrists before you go!)Ha

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='982555' date='Oct 9 2010, 02:19 PM']You should get an option to print,I did.Saying that last year I forgot to take it and just gave them my paypal name and all was cool,Ta.

Just make sure she puts the wrist band on straight because last year the glue was pulling all the hairs out of my arm! (Or shave your wrists before you go!)Ha[/quote]

Thanks mate :)

time to shave the wrists............

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='981054' date='Oct 7 2010, 11:07 PM']Do mention your avatar name when coming up to the Bass Gear stand ...I always like clocking fellow BC'ers.

I'm being helped out on the stand by the very kind Yorks5stringer and Molan.

See you there!

Phil[/quote]

Yep - I'm definitely coming up early in the morning :)

Have managed to arrange to collect a couple of cabs for myself on the way up & drop off a bass for Phil & pick up two in exchange on the way home - some good organising there, let's hope I don't screw it up!

Forgot to say - i'm driving up from Oxfordshire if anyone needs a lift.

i'm getting there pretty early because I need to help Phil with set-up so that may not suit people not working on the day (public tickets don't get access until 12:00 & I'll be there about 10:30!).

Could easily give someone a lift back though if that helps. I'll probably be leaving early evening, would like to see Billy S though - so maybe after that :)

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='983093' date='Oct 10 2010, 09:27 AM']Mancunian way is shut today, if that is on your route, so follow the diversions and go under it!

Tony[/quote]

I took a pic of me standing on the exit off an empty mancunian way yesterday hehe.

[quote name='daz' post='982903' date='Oct 9 2010, 09:10 PM']you wont exactly have far to go then ?[/quote]

No, you're right!

Edited by EdwardHimself

[quote name='Anthony Joseph Waczek III' post='983184' date='Oct 10 2010, 11:16 AM']Same question, looking for some advice on the Schecter. I have wild ideas of fitting a Ricky neck P-up.[/quote]

Oh well i'm going to bring my bass and if i'm not allowed in then i'll just have to treck the massive 150m back to my room :)

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='982829' date='Oct 9 2010, 07:01 PM']I'm on the Matamp stand with my rig and a few of my basses, with that Tayste bloke, he's the one[i] with[/i] the hair!

Tony[/quote]
Ha, good to meet you both - although you won't have realised you were talking to a fellow BC'er. I know I didn't :) (I was the guy there minutes before Stu Hamm started).

On a separate note, out of all the trade stands that were there I didn't see a single Warwick or Spector. Just an observation :lol:

[quote name='M-Bass-M' post='983638' date='Oct 10 2010, 07:03 PM']I didn't see a single Warwick or Spector. Just an observation :)[/quote]

I noticed that as well which was a bit of a suprise, but I still had a great time. Some guys took pics of me playing throughout the day too but i've no idea where I can see them. I was mainly playing ze Shukers and spent some time with that Piccolo Bass on one of the stands too.