Why become a member? ×

MM Roasted Necks

martthebass

[quote name='tino' post='934924' date='Aug 24 2010, 04:00 PM']I somehow think Dave may well be from the dark side...In which case he will not appreciate niceties.
Also as I have now sold my SR he may well choose not to talk to me ever..... :)

Anyway this thread led to a bit of a jape......with a smattering of funduggery chucked in for good measure...
Im off to Chicago in the morning. :rolleyes: ..I hope they are more fun there :lol:[/quote]

Used to spend a lot of time in the States. Generally find them to be far better mannered than we are over here. As with all rules there are always exceptions.

[quote name='swanbrook' post='934977' date='Aug 24 2010, 04:36 PM']I may have shot my load to soon but I do ask you to step back and take a look at this thread as a first time user it
Really does look like a witch hunt.
Tino I am not from the dark side unless you mean Sligo which would totally describe it[/quote]
Its all in jest...lighten up......this thread has run its course me thinks

[quote name='swanbrook' post='934977' date='Aug 24 2010, 04:36 PM']I may have shot my load to soon[/quote]
This forum has a wealth of info and advice on basses, but I doubt very much we could help you with [i]that[/i]... :)
Welcome, by the way.

On a positive note, Ive recently realised despite what people might think about the forums here or in the US, EBMM know how to make a high quality, US built instrument. I compared the EBMMs to a few other manufacturers the other day, and the cheapest bass, the 2 band Ray, was actually the highest quality and lightest weight. Even more so than the Sadowsky Metro I tried! Shock horror.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Rich' post='935022' date='Aug 24 2010, 05:09 PM']This forum has a wealth of info and advice on basses, but I doubt very much we could help you with [i]that[/i]... :)
Welcome, by the way.[/quote]
Change of subject....got a 1974 Ibanez copy thinking of putting a Badass on ....anyone here done it...pros surely cant be any cons....can there???

[quote name='Musicman20' post='935026' date='Aug 24 2010, 05:16 PM']On a positive note, Ive recently realised despite what people might think about the forums here or in the US, EBMM know how to make a high quality, US built instrument. I compared the EBMMs to a few other manufacturers the other day, and the cheapest bass, the 2 band Ray, was actually the highest quality and lightest weight. Even more so than the Sadowsky Metro I tried! Shock horror.[/quote]
YEAH......and I still aint gonna want one :)

[quote name='tino' post='935030' date='Aug 24 2010, 05:20 PM']Change of subject....got a 1974 Ibanez copy thinking of putting a Badass on ....anyone here done it...pros surely cant be any cons....can there???[/quote]

1974 Ibanez copy of what, Tino?

If it's your 2388B/DX then don't - get a Hipshot, which is a direct replacement for the old bridge and will also allow string spacing adjustment - important on those parallel Rick-type necks.

If you went for a Badass you'd have to fill/cover a bleedin' great route and would permanently alter what is (as you know) a rare & collectable bass.

Plus the BA2 is an ugly, hefty primitive lump of slag. :)

J.

[quote name='Johnston' post='935036' date='Aug 24 2010, 05:28 PM']Sligo nice part of the country, Hello from the other side of the border !!!

But for me if I am spending big bucks on something that professes to have magic properties I would ask the salesman questions just as the guy in the EBMM forum did. I wouldn't sugar coat it, it would be asked in a blatent way so the only option was for a direct answer.

To be basically told it does it because we say it does would have me walking out of any shop. Because of it was the top dog rather than someone earning minimum wage on a shop forum has me seriously doubting decisions made by EBMM at a management level.[/quote]
Leo never once insisted his product was magical,most of us just agreed it probably was very very good....and it has stood the test of time.

Will a Sterling,I doubt it as he will venture onto another stating its oh so very very very much superior to the Sterling,,,whether or not it actually is.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='935040' date='Aug 24 2010, 05:31 PM']1974 Ibanez copy of what, Tino?

If it's your 2388B/DX then don't - get a Hipshot, which is a direct replacement for the old bridge and will also allow string spacing adjustment - important on those parallel Rick-type necks.

If you went for a Badass you'd have to fill/cover a bleedin' great route and would permanently alter what is (as you know) a rare & collectable bass.

Plus the BA2 is an ugly, hefty primitive lump of slag. :)

J.[/quote]
Cheers Jon

Hipshot it is then..........I never really wanted to sell her its just I hate the ricky bridge,main reason I sold my RealARicky..
Anyone looking to sell a Hipshot???????

Just had to ask

[quote name='swanbrook' post='934852' date='Aug 24 2010, 02:52 PM']i love the guys who gave it the whole "i was going to buy a stingray but not after reading that" yeah yeah buy a bass because you like or love it.[/quote]

Why should I buy a bass that I like(or love) by a company I don't like, when I can buy a bass that I both love as an instrument, and respect the builder/luthier/company?

[quote name='Darkstrike' post='935060' date='Aug 24 2010, 05:48 PM']Why should I buy a bass that I like(or love) by a company I don't like, when I can buy a bass that I both love as an instrument, and respect the builder/luthier/company?[/quote]
unfortunately it would appear that luthiery in this case is unwarranted its CNC with fairly low cost labour production line on costs,lets face it if we want something special we are gonna pay through the nose......OR ARE WE
Dont for one minute think that an expensive name will give you the desired result,in our house Dan is the primary player,I have spent several thousands on having basses built for him to his spec only to find it was no better than a stock Jap or US....
I am a great beleiver in supporting the luthier profession ( i possibly spend far to much...she says)but sometimes a model can be done to death.
I know from my experiences with my Rickys that no matter how much I tried to get on with them I had a preference for a Lowly 70's Ibanez copy and all went their way with costly financial losses incurred,yet I knew from Ricky No1 I didnt like them but I kept on hoping.
Now Im keeeping and modding the Ibby Im sure I will be happy until I'm Not.
I would however fully agree I would never buy anything from someone that talks down to me like I am an arsehole.....even if I am...Im a customer and fortunately I have the money & the choice.

The customer my Dear BP is always right...even when I'm WRONG :)

[quote name='tino' post='935089' date='Aug 24 2010, 06:14 PM']The customer my Dear BP is always right...even when I'm WRONG :)[/quote]

too right and from what i've read in this thread so far I recon BP must stand for B#tt Plug.
that BP has traded on Leo Fender's glory for too long anyway.....

[quote name='Darkstrike' post='935060' date='Aug 24 2010, 05:48 PM']Why should I buy a bass that I like(or love) by a company I don't like, when I can buy a bass that I both love as an instrument, and respect the builder/luthier/company?[/quote]
Because to say that you only buy things from people you like is a complete lie and then not to buy a guitar because you don't like the CEO of the company would tell that you really never had and intention of buying one anyway.
Maybe first impression are right I see there is some sense here but this whole bp= ...... crap is school ground bullsh*te.
It serves no purpose. If you don't like ebmm don't buy them it kinda simple really.

[quote name='swanbrook' post='935226' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:44 PM']Because to say that you only buy things from people you like is a complete lie and then not to buy a guitar because you don't like the CEO of the company would tell that you really never had and intention of buying one anyway.
Maybe first impression are right I see there is some sense here but this whole bp= ...... crap is school ground bullsh*te.
It serves no purpose. If you don't like ebmm don't buy them it kinda simple really.[/quote]
Look all I need is another 8532 responses and its a record :)

Do you really beleive that I beleive everything I spout..

Lighten up its a laff

And I dont know if you have heard but..............allegedly BPs not to fond of you :rolleyes:

[quote name='tino' post='935233' date='Aug 24 2010, 07:49 PM']Look all I need is another 8532 responses and its a record :)

Do you really beleive that I beleive everything I spout..

Lighten up its a laff

And I dont know if you have heard but..............allegedly BPs not to fond of you :rolleyes:[/quote]

Then bp can get on the end of a very long que that I don't really care for.

I do believe that when the customer is wrong he should be told. I am however not saying he was right to cut that guy up but hey poke a bear enough and he will rip you up.

Going back to the op I did love the bit when he said he " came for a line of Italian engineers" well thank god for that cause had they been French everyone would have thought you a total muppet.

Edited by swanbrook

Hey Swanbrook. Welcome to the forum, not all threads are like this, lighten up, etc. etc. :)

But surely you have spotted the irony here? A thread basically about someone being rude and confrontational to his customers is now being challenged by someone being rude and confrontational. Feel free to disagree....god knows we cover that debate here often enough but how about little a less of the "bullshit" and "school ground crap" and "lots of twats on this forum" comments. I am amazed that anyone has tried to placate you at all with that attitude. People have been banned for less.

And for what it's worth, I read the original post that kicked it all off over there and I don't think the guy was being "a prick" at all and it seems that most here agree.

Have you thought of going out and coming back in again? Starting fresh? Maybe go in off topic and ask about your prematurity problems?

:rolleyes:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='935255' date='Aug 24 2010, 08:03 PM']OK swanbrook its time everyone told you that the compulory Tino clash is a kind of initiation to Basschat,So welcome and please ignore Tino, By his own admission he talks some rubbish :lol: (But strangely some actually sensible stuff but rarely in the same thread?)[/quote]
By some rubbish I propose you actually mean mainly rubbish,Ive even been known to gargle with Andrews liver salts if that throws any light on the matter...

I wish I was BP or a quid behind him :) Wouldnt wanna look like the bugger though :o

Swanny Baby CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :rolleyes:

[quote name='paul h' post='935254' date='Aug 24 2010, 08:02 PM']Hey Swanbrook. Welcome to the forum, not all threads are like this, lighten up, etc. etc. :)

But surely you have spotted the irony here? A thread basically about someone being rude and confrontational to his customers is now being challenged by someone being rude and confrontational. Feel free to disagree....god knows we cover that debate here often enough but how about little a less of the "bullshit" and "school ground crap" and "lots of twats on this forum" comments. I am amazed that anyone has tried to placate you at all with that attitude. People have been banned for less.

And for what it's worth, I read the original post that kicked it all off over there and I don't think the guy was being "a prick" at all and it seems that most here agree.

Have you thought of going out and coming back in again? Starting fresh? Maybe go in off topic and ask about your prematurity problems?

:rolleyes:[/quote]
Let me get the door for dear ol Swanny,and wipe yer feet on the way out!