Why become a member? ×

How funky is your Jazz Bass?

Grand Wazoo

You know, this is still my no.1 Jazz Bass, it's a Squier Classic Vibe, souped up with Seymour Duncan stacked humbuckers, totally noise free when each p/u is played single. All wiring and pots been replaced with original Fender CTS and waxed cloth wire, it was a labour of love and I take it everywhere, this week I took it with me to work on my ship, together with the Tascam Bass trainer so I can practice along. I've compared this bass to an MIM and a 90's MIA and it's still came tops and I am very selective when I do comparison, the neck just plays itself and the basswood body together with those pickups just give it an amazing sound.

Oh yeah and it was "mooo'd up" by me :)

here is a slideshow of it in my ship cabin at work

[url="http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/CaptMoto/JazzBassMooMooCow?feat=email#slideshow"]http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/CaptMoto/Jaz...email#slideshow[/url]

[quote name='Davo-London' post='899902' date='Jul 20 2010, 12:36 PM']It is truly wonderful and I don't know how you can sell it!

Using a Squier for this type of project is a great idea.

I would love to have a go at that. Maybe my daughter will one day play bass and I can customise one for her ...

Davo[/quote]

I am glad you like it, I am not planning to sell it anytime soon as it is a real good player, but even if I get fed up with the moo looks I can always reverse it back to natural as it is not painted, those black blotches are cut outs from an easy-peel transfers similar to those used to protect small screens. The pickguard can also be swapped with the original and the pickup covers and control knobs are spares, the original are in a tidy box at home.