Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker

Lozz196

Just a quick topic. Bought a 2nd hand Marshall DBS 7400 today :rolleyes: , and whilst trying it out, had the chance to use a Rickenbacker for the first time ever.

Don`t know what type (4001/4003) only know that I really liked it.

I`ve read a lot about them being a bit like marmite, u either love `em or hate `em.

Well I love `em. Just wish I had the £1500 needed to buy one. :)

[quote name='luckman67' post='895513' date='Jul 15 2010, 12:26 PM']They are amazing basses I waited 11 years to get mine, an Oct 1992 4003 in Fireglo my favorite bass.[/quote]

Is that the bass in your avatar, it has the neck pup in the position of a pre 74?, nice glo though.

[quote name='SS73' post='898452' date='Jul 18 2010, 10:41 PM']Is that the bass in your avatar, it has the neck pup in the position of a pre 74?, nice glo though.[/quote]
That looks like a 60s type scratchplate - as well as having the 1/2" gap, it goes right up to the bridge pup surround.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='898690' date='Jul 19 2010, 10:24 AM']That looks like a 60s type scratchplate - as well as having the 1/2" gap, it goes right up to the bridge pup surround.

Jon.[/quote]

Here's mine, doesn't get played as much as it should though!!!

Edited by farmer61

My bass is an October 1992 4003,and is the one in my avatar. I bought the rickenbacker vintage style V/T pots the scratchplate is from a V63 & a friend of mine gave me his spare V63 treble pickup surround. I hope to finish off this project with a toaster & Horseshoe pickup, the half inch spacing on the neck pickup does make a difference in sound to me.

[quote name='Stag' post='899349' date='Jul 19 2010, 07:13 PM']Great screenname

Cool Car

Two Ricks.

You sir are a super person.[/quote]

LOL thanx, I always loved beetles, about a year ago I had the chance to buy this 1972 1303 in pretty damn good shape...it pairs up pretty well with the ricks hahahaha

Rickys are something I've always shunned, but just lately I've become inexplicably attracted to them. I loved the blue one advertised recently, but that was probably because of the model used to photograph it. :)

Some years ago, when I worked for Sound Control, we had them in stock, but then suddenly there was a 1-year waiting list from Rickenbacker, which then increased to 18 months and now (alledgedly) 2 years. Why???

I know of a 70s one for sale if anyone's interested.

I gig with a Fireglo 4003, it's got TI flats on it!(amazing strings for a Ric). There is nothing sounds anywhere near as good, and I've tried to find one. In fact I'm now tired of looking, I'm just gonna buy another Ric and be done with it.
I got mine from Geddy's Nose (Si), here on BC. It's a fantastic bass and I got it for a great price a couple of years ago, cheers Si.

Have a listen on our Myspace page. Some beautiful Ric tone, 4003 bass, a 12 string 330 and a 6 string 360. We just love our Ric's!!!!