Why become a member? ×

What Lead??

bubinga5

Well i have a rehearsal thursday and my lead has given up the ghost!! its just a cheapy, so what do i expect...have had loads of sh*te leads so looking for a good one...

Looking to spend £30 ish...Any recommendations...i was thinking George L's or maybe a Planet Waves...I do not want moulded jacks..

I got a Piranha lead free with something. It comes with a Neutrik Silent Jack plug which is really handy, it cuts the signal as you pull the plug out of your bass.

Dunno if they last, anyone got any experience with them? Seems like a simple switching mechanism so hopefully it's OK.

[quote name='Legion' post='869248' date='Jun 16 2010, 05:14 PM']I think they meant to point you here :)

[url="http://www.bassic-bits.co.uk/"]OBBM[/url][/quote]

Just got some leads from dave obbm, and they're spot on and very reasonable.

Highly recommended. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Fat Rich' post='869288' date='Jun 16 2010, 06:08 PM']I got a Piranha lead free with something. It comes with a Neutrik Silent Jack plug which is really handy, it cuts the signal as you pull the plug out of your bass.

Dunno if they last, anyone got any experience with them? Seems like a simple switching mechanism so hopefully it's OK.[/quote]

OBBM does those! :)

[quote name='Pkomor' post='869315' date='Jun 16 2010, 06:48 PM']OBBM does those! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Really? OBBM? Can't believe no one mentioned them! :)

I saw the silent jack on their website and wondered if they're reliable in the long term, can see no reason why they shouldn't be.

i went through loads of horrible leads until i found my nice fender tweed cable in the bargain bucket in guitar guitar, love it. no more tangled up cables and its lasted for about 3 years now whereas other crappy cables i had lasted for about 2 months.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='869422' date='Jun 16 2010, 08:41 PM']But unless you're getting at least 50% off in an endorsement deal, they don't look very good value for money when compared to OBBM...[/quote]

They are. I was using them long before I got a deal with them and I've
never had a single problem with them.

TBH you shouldn't have a problem with any instrument lead made with good quality jacks and screened cable and assembled properly, which why I have an issue with the claims made by a lot of manufacturers selling ready made leads.

I suppose "It gets your signal from one end to the other with minimal change in tone and won't break unless you seriously abuse it" is hardly sexy marketing, but IMO that's what we want from our leads.

What is really needed is a Basschat instrument lead shoot-out to see if these cables are really worth the extra money over OBBMs.

BTW I couldn't find a UK distributor/reseller for Spectraflex. Would you care to enlighten me?

Edited by BigRedX