Why become a member? ×

5 STRING SADOWSKY`S BACK UP FOR SALE

gilbass

My two basses are back up for sale guy's, sorry don't have time for new pics just now but there are some snaps kicking about in previous posts. needing about £1800 for each of them, their in great condition with no chips or dings, mail me only if your serious, as i said i'm very busy just now but will get back as soon as possible.

[quote name='gilbass' post='854067' date='Jun 1 2010, 08:26 PM']My two basses are back up for sale guy's, sorry don't have time for new pics just now but there are some snaps kicking about in previous posts. needing about £1800 for each of them, their in great condition with no chips or dings, mail me only if your serious, as i said i'm very busy just now but will get back as soon as possible.[/quote]

This should be the template for everyone attempting to sell a bass

There's this pic with three different Sadowsky 5 strings that seems to be something to do with gilbass as well?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37636"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach...st&id=37636[/url]

Edited by molan

I'm loving this....................Platypus is dead right. To hell with my Hons degree in Marketing, this is how it SHOULD be done.

So.........

I'm thinking of selling something, can you guess what it is yet ??? Or how much I want for it. Go on, trail through my previous posts to see what I've bought and what it might be. No prizes, it's just for fun !!!

I think secretly he doesn't want to sell them, but has had to promise wife/gf/partner that at least he'd put an ad up to see what response it gets. Job done !!!!

Nice one GB

S

[quote name='Stockholm Syndrome' post='855096' date='Jun 2 2010, 05:00 PM']Don't kick someone already knocked down...[/quote]

Don't worry guy's i`m not knocked down, always the big question is can YOU AFFORD THEM, they are for sale, i'm dying to replace them with an OVERWATER and a MUSICMAN, then eat so much cakes with the change so my face grows fat like a beachball and i can stick on some dark shades and speak in a glasWEEDJUN accent, to keep my wife/or girlfriend happy. God i love forumssss! i'm away to work as a BASSIST now, TOO busy to look at pictures, PM if you want a square go ta.

[quote name='gilbass' post='855108' date='Jun 2 2010, 05:11 PM']Don't worry guy's i`m not knocked down, always the big question is can YOU AFFORD THEM, they are for sale, i'm dying to replace them with an OVERWATER and a MUSICMAN, then eat so much cakes with the change so my face grows fat like a beachball and i can stick on some dark shades and speak in a glasWEEDJUN accent, to keep my wife/or girlfriend happy. God i love forumssss! i'm away to work as a BASSIST now, TOO busy to look at pictures, PM if you want a square go ta.[/quote]
are you sure your mind is capable..LCD is not good for live playing

Edited by bubinga5

I know Gil and he's for real. Amazing player too.....

The thing is though, he'd really like a Wal but thinks they're too heavy. My Wal is heavy, but with the right strap it's a breeze.

He's big enough to stick up for himself as well!

D.

[quote name='deksawyer' post='855603' date='Jun 3 2010, 01:02 AM']I know Gil and he's for real. Amazing player too.....

The thing is though, he'd really like a Wal but thinks they're too heavy. My Wal is heavy, but with the right strap it's a breeze.

He's big enough to stick up for himself as well!

D.[/quote]

Hey D - if Gil is a friend then it might be worth giving him a gentle nudge to actually let people know which basses are for sale, maybe some history on their age and condition etc.

I think it highly unlikely that anyone is going to part with £1,800 without this basic kind of info.

Plenty of people here with that kind of money for a bass (I've bout & sold several!) and an NYC Sadowsky is really one of the easiest high end basses to sell :)

• 11 months later...

[quote name='geoffbassist' post='855176' date='Jun 2 2010, 06:18 PM']This is a weird thread. :-)
I don't understand what's going on, but I'm enjoying it.[/quote]

Me neither, I like bread pudding if that's any help.

[quote name='molan' post='854303' date='Jun 1 2010, 11:13 PM']There's this pic with three different Sadowsky 5 strings that seems to be something to do with gilbass as well?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=37636"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?act=attach...st&id=37636[/url][/quote]

Have a bump on me Gil. I know you're never online!

Gil is a mate of mine too and I can wholeheartedly vouch for his knowledge, sincerity and humour! He's been kind enough to allow me the use of his basses when mine haven't been to hand. I have performed and recorded with every Sadowsky bass he's owned.

Out of the three basses, the blue quilt is no longer available. All basses are NYC, not Metro.

The blue with matching headstock has a unique tone, which I think owes a lot to the ebony fingerboard. There's plenty of clarity and high end snap like a maple board, but the bass has more natural mids than the classic scooped-mid character often heard with Ash/Maple J-basses. An effective bridge between the tones of Sadowsky's 60s & 70s-inspired combinations of wood.
This bass features the Vintage Tone Control.

My first impression of the 24 fretter is how light it is. Anyone who has owned a Sadowsky NYC 5 strings will know how light they can be, especially compared to a Fender, but the lack of weight really is exceptional.
Tonally, I think everyone would have their own comparisons away from the common [i]Jazz Bass[/i] sound. It's not unlike Sadowsky's take on a Jazz bass sound, but leans toward a more 'high-end' bass sound with it's rich low mids.
The fingerboard is very pretty too :)