Why become a member? ×

Reverb Retail

dougal

Have reverb gone?

I had a mail shot from these people: [url="http://www.pdsgroupauctions.co.uk/auction_details.asp?saleid=325&siteid=1"]http://www.pdsgroupauctions.co.uk/auction_...25&siteid=1[/url] avertising a liquidaton sale.

Can't remember what I bought from them...

I did OK and only live 15 mins away. Some really stupid bidding though. :rolleyes:
They lowered the reserve overnight on anything that didn't have a bid.
That got my interest, :)
It looks like they got Reverb's mailing list, (which would include Sound Control). They got in touch with me via an old e-mail address I don't use now.

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='823150' date='Apr 29 2010, 03:46 PM']I did OK and only live 15 mins away. Some really stupid bidding though. :rolleyes:
They lowered the reserve overnight on anything that didn't have a bid.
That got my interest, :)
It looks like they got Reverb's mailing list, (which would include Sound Control). They got in touch with me via an old e-mail address I don't use now.[/quote]

So beans must be spilt! what did you get!

[quote name='throwoff' post='823071' date='Apr 29 2010, 03:04 PM']Thats that then, some tasty bargins to be had but some of them went mental

bearing in mind 15% buyers fee plus VAT on top someone bought a RockBass Streamer LX fretless 4 string for £400 meaning a total of £517
I have no idea why![/quote]

You notice all the Rockbasses were just listed as Warwicks?

Fortresses for £299 and £350 and the Corvette went for £360, plus 15% on top of those prices.
Some people are gonna be expecting a fully fledged Warwick methinks, I watched a couple of Rockbass Fortresses not get over around £220 on eBay recently

The Epiphone bass packs went cheap though

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='823174' date='Apr 29 2010, 05:00 PM']You notice all the Rockbasses were just listed as Warwicks?

Fortresses for £299 and £350 and the Corvette went for £360, plus 15% on top of those prices.
Some people are gonna be expecting a fully fledged Warwick methinks, I watched a couple of Rockbass Fortresses not get over around £220 on eBay recently

The Epiphone bass packs went cheap though[/quote]

I did notice that, the Streamer LX (ie proper 'wick) went for £640 which is very reasonable money.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='823193' date='Apr 29 2010, 05:12 PM']Is that 640, or 640 * 1.15 * 1.175 = 816?

S.P.[/quote]

Yep as you say £800+ but still cheap for a 'new' LX... however the buyers of the Rockbasses are gonna be saddened but it was up to the bidders to check what they were!

Apparently, Sound Control went under owing Fender a load of cash.

Not sure if it was Arbiter, but someone took the decision to sell the stock to try to recoup some of the losses. When the stock was running out the shops had served their purpose and were closed.

[quote name='7string' post='823634' date='Apr 30 2010, 01:30 AM']Apparently, Sound Control went under owing Fender a load of cash.

Not sure if it was Arbiter, but someone took the decision to sell the stock to try to recoup some of the losses. When the stock was running out the shops had served their purpose and were closed.[/quote]

I thought Arbiter lost Fender years ago.