Why become a member? ×

Dorset Bass Bash 11th July

oldslapper

Oh! This sounds good to me, just need to keep the diary free and the Mrs happy doing something else!!

If it's a def for me, I'll bring my Shuker JJB and maybe my wobbly neck P, see if anyone fancies tweaking the neck :)

Probs about to sell my two Ashdown mini cabs so I couls haul 'em along too if anyone might be interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bump for those who didn't see first time round.
Really appreciate it if anyone fancies giving me hand on the day, not sure for what yet, but just helpful if anyone's up for making the odd cup of tea.....no., Not THAT kind of tea! :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Marky L' post='824708' date='May 1 2010, 11:49 AM']Probs about to sell my two Ashdown mini cabs so I couls haul 'em along too if anyone might be interested.[/quote]
I could be interested in your Mini 15 - if you still have it and if it's cheap.

If not, I'll be at the bash anyway.

[quote name='oldslapper' post='870057' date='Jun 17 2010, 05:37 PM']Yup still on, if people could PM with confirmation they're coming, it would be helpful plz?

John :)[/quote]

This sounds good, now in the diary, will try to be there :rolleyes:

[quote name='martindupras' post='876035' date='Jun 24 2010, 12:14 AM']I'll try to come.

It's a bit of a trek from Bristol (1h15 apparently) but sounds like good fun.

How does it work, do people usually bring their whole rig to set up?

- martin[/quote]

Hi Martin,

I've never been to one before, but thought it would be fun to get together, so went ahead and booked a venue on the basis that the least we could do would be put a face to a name, chat about music, life and the universe and ogle each others gear.
From the threads of other bashes it looks like you bring whatever you fancy bringing along.
I've booked a drummer for some "jam" time, and I'm waiting for some replies from reps about odds and sods for fund raising prize draw, etc. Hopefully a local tech will be coming too to offer advice on general guitar care and set ups.
I might be the only one there, so I get all the goodies! :) .......for the price of several tickets.

John

Sounds well cool.

If it's alright, I'll bring my full rig then.

Music Man Bongo 5 HH+piezo
Fender American Jazz V Deluxe

GK Fusion 550 head into Hartke 2.5XL and Eden D115XLT.

I've got a number of pedals, listed below. I probably won't bring them all but if anyone just wants to have a go with one, just let me know and I'll bring it.

GK Diesel Dawg
Demeter Compulator
Bass Big Muff Pi
EHX Enigma: Q-Balls
MXR M188 Bass Auto-Q
Moog MoogerFooger Low-Pass filter
Sonic Research ST-200 Strobe Tuner (in my estimation, the best, fastest pedal tuner there is, bar none.)
Akai Unibass UB-1
Digitech Bass Driver

(and several more than I can't remember off the top of my head; if I find anything particularly exotic I'll just bring it along.)

I've also got a Traynor YBA-200 valve head, if anyone wants to see/hear/try that.

- martin

[quote name='oldslapper' post='876155' date='Jun 24 2010, 09:25 AM']Hi Martin,

I've never been to one before, but thought it would be fun to get together, so went ahead and booked a venue on the basis that the least we could do would be put a face to a name, chat about music, life and the universe and ogle each others gear.
From the threads of other bashes it looks like you bring whatever you fancy bringing along.
I've booked a drummer for some "jam" time, and I'm waiting for some replies from reps about odds and sods for fund raising prize draw, etc. Hopefully a local tech will be coming too to offer advice on general guitar care and set ups.
I might be the only one there, so I get all the goodies! :) .......for the price of several tickets.

John[/quote]

Still on folks.

Got Derek Haliday from H guitars [url="http://www.hallidayguitars.co.uk/"]http://www.hallidayguitars.co.uk/[/url] coming to do a slot on set ups, construction and general guitar care. Derek has a great reputation amongst the local bass/guitar fraternity as providing the best setups, repairs and instrument care. He will do a quick chat and then be around to answer any questions. I know for a fact that he will be bringing some interesting basses along too.

Local bass player Ian Aird will be doing a mad jam demo too. For those that don't know Ian, he is an amazing player who thinks completely outside the "usual" constraints of the bass, and has a pretty decent CV too. Watch him play his 6 string Shergold bass and be prepared for your flabber to be seriously ghasted!

More updates to follow.

John

PS still be nice for folk to let me know who's coming for defo plz? For numbers.

[quote name='Captain Rumble' post='883347' date='Jul 1 2010, 07:42 PM']gonna take the missus out for the day and I just decided Shaftsbury sounds like a nice place to visit and the 11th of July seems like a good day to visit it :)[/quote]
Very thoughtful hubby thou art, she's a lucky girl. :rolleyes:
There's a costa in town.....right by gold hill...nice

[quote name='deaver' post='883351' date='Jul 1 2010, 07:47 PM']Looks like we're going to have a car hired that day so there's a fair chance of me turning up with a couple of basses[/quote]
Great stuff!...Salisbury Massive on tour!

Having said that I was definitely up for this, it turns out that I can't make it. I've had to rearrange a couple of my weekends with the kids, and as a result 10th/11th is now one of them. I'm really sorry about this, I was looking forward to coming along and bringing the Shuker/Wal/Genz/Nemesis lurrve :rolleyes:
Hope you guys have a great time, and a million thanks to you John for all your organisational work.
Gutted. :)

[quote name='Rich' post='883802' date='Jul 2 2010, 11:05 AM']Having said that I was definitely up for this, it turns out that I can't make it. I've had to rearrange a couple of my weekends with the kids, and as a result 10th/11th is now one of them. I'm really sorry about this, I was looking forward to coming along and bringing the Shuker/Wal/Genz/Nemesis lurrve :rolleyes:
Hope you guys have a great time, and a million thanks to you John for all your organisational work.
Gutted. :)[/quote]

Thanks Rich,
no worries, kids come first every time mate!
Maybe the Bristol posse can organise something next time?
Looking forward to seeing your Wood&Waltronicker fanned fretless sometime. :lol:

John