Why become a member? ×

Dorset Bass Bash 11th July

oldslapper

I'm such a dumb ass... :)

I'm sorry, but I wasn't reading this post since a long time ago, and I thought that the meeting was on the 17-18 weekend. I already bought my flight for the 8-11 weekend, to see the wife back at home...

I really wanted to go, because I'm leaving the UK at the end of this month... It was a chance to trade sounds, experiences and stories with you all.

I really hope all the work done by John may be rewarding for everyone who attends.

Thank you, John, for all your efforts, and once more, I'm sorry... Maybe another opportunity will rise!

Unless there is a catastrophe, I'll definitely be there on the 11th.

By the way, is anyone bringing interesting cabs to the bash? I'm asking because I'm not 100% satisfied with my cabs (they sound ace, but I'm still getting some unwanted distortion/farting on loud low notes at gigs) so I'd be very interested to hear or try out good quality, lightweight, loud cabs.

- martin

[quote name='Marky L' post='886016' date='Jul 5 2010, 07:37 AM']I am hoping to but at the moment it is looking a bit dodgy.

If I can I'll bring my Shuker JJB, a P bass too? If I can make it I could bring my cabs n head too.

What is the address again?[/quote]

Shaftesbury Christian Centre SP7 8PH.

2-5 p.m.

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1C1SKPC_enGB359GB359&q=SP7+8PH&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Shaftesbury,+Dorset+SP7+8PH&gl=uk&ei=434xTPGLFKWy0gS2vrn8Cw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA"]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?rlz=1C1SKPC_...ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA[/url]

See you then Marky.

[quote name='olipaulo' post='885742' date='Jul 4 2010, 07:52 PM']I'm such a dumb ass... :)

I'm sorry, but I wasn't reading this post since a long time ago, and I thought that the meeting was on the 17-18 weekend. I already bought my flight for the 8-11 weekend, to see the wife back at home...

I really wanted to go, because I'm leaving the UK at the end of this month... It was a chance to trade sounds, experiences and stories with you all.

I really hope all the work done by John may be rewarding for everyone who attends.

Thank you, John, for all your efforts, and once more, I'm sorry... Maybe another opportunity will rise![/quote]

Shame, but I always say that family is more important. We can still share stories and experiences through the wonder of basschat... :rolleyes:

I'll try my best. I've lent it to someone in the mean time but I'll see if I can swing by theirs on Sunday.

I'd be curious to hear the Compact with my Fusion. And I've never played an Eden head before, I'm very curious to hear what an Eden head sounds like in an Eden cab.

- martin

[quote name='martindupras' post='889859' date='Jul 8 2010, 09:02 PM']I'll try my best. I've lent it to someone in the mean time but I'll see if I can swing by theirs on Sunday.

I'd be curious to hear the Compact with my Fusion. And I've never played an Eden head before, I'm very curious to hear what an Eden head sounds like in an Eden cab.

- martin[/quote]
Your certainly welcome to try it/them whatever :)
Dont stress over the Traynor I'm just a nosey git :rolleyes:

[quote name='oldslapper' post='815749' date='Apr 23 2010, 07:38 AM']For those that can make it. I've gone ahead and booked a venue/date as it seemed the only way to get a bash "going". If I'm there by myself, I'll win all the raffles prizes..!

11th July 2-5 p.m In Shaftesbury. Map link below.

Shaftesbury Christian Centre, Christies Lane, Shaftesbury SP7 8PH

Venue is free (Big low ceiling hall), free parking, free tea & coffee in a nice coffee bar area, bogs, Tesco over the road, nice pubs in town and Gold Hill is worth a visit.

[url="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=SP7+8PH&hl=en&ei=6kvRS9CNOJeTjAeFwKHBBA&vps=2&jsv=230b&sll=51.008435,-2.189405&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&ie=UTF8&view=map&geocode=FZdSCgMdOpTe_w&split=0&iwloc=A&ved=0CBIQpQY&sa=X"]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=SP7+8PH&am...BIQpQY&sa=X[/url]

Not exclusive to Dorset dwellers, just easier to call it a Dorset bash as there was some debate as to whether Shaftesbury could be called South West :)

Will get a local luthier to come along for some "set up", general guitar care advice and a drummer for a "jam" (ACM graduate). Be nice to give both some dosh for their time, so maybe a small contribution from those that attend?

I'll attempt to extract some goodies from music retailers for a raffle in aid of basschat. If anyone is coming that works in shops around and about the dorset/wilts/somerset/hants area please feel free to badger the owners for some freebies.

If you could let me know who's able to come, then I can make a list and have an idea of numbers.

Bring your gear (the weird and the wonderful) and your plectrums/fingers and we'll have some fun, should be a grin.

John[/quote]

I will try and get there

Alan POOLE

Looking forward to trying one of those excellent Barefaced Compacts.

I'll be bringing a Yamaha BB1100S with pickups, tuners and bridge suitably upgraded. Fitted with a set of TI flats. My amplification is currently a work in progress - so that will be staying at home.

I'll probably bring my battered old double bass and Bassix EUB for anyone to have a bash on, specially if you've never played an upright before. I'll chuck some side markers on so you can get an idea where you are.
I don't expect to get much playing done, if any, as I'm sure to be busy. But happy to bring my minis along (4x8 & 1x15) if anyone fancies hearing them with the LMII? Not very exotic gear I'm afraid.

To save people trawling through the thread to look for it:

11th July 2-5 p.m In Shaftesbury.

I don't have anything that exotic or expensive :
Ibanez Acoustic
Home made fretless acoustic
I might bring my twin neck as a work in progress
I've also got some bits and pieces that I've borrowed from the shop that I do repairs for (gig bags, cases, tuners, couple of cheap basses)
I've got a gig tonight, one saturday, then this sunday, shaping up to be a good weekend.

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' post='890141' date='Jul 9 2010, 09:32 AM']To save people trawling through the thread to look for it:

11th July 2-5 p.m In Shaftesbury.

I don't have anything that exotic or expensive :
Ibanez Acoustic
Home made fretless acoustic
I might bring my twin neck as a work in progress
I've also got some bits and pieces that I've borrowed from the shop that I do repairs for (gig bags, cases, tuners, couple of cheap basses)
I've got a gig tonight, one saturday, then this sunday, shaping up to be a good weekend.[/quote]
your gonna be tired then
or maybe your not as old and decrepid as me :)

OK folks!

It's all on for tomorrow.

Modest line up of visitors for the afternoon include:

Derek Halliday, local luthier on set ups, general guitar care.

Ian Aird, local bass wizard, giving a "nutty solo jam thingy" for your entertainment

Ben Cornish, local drum tutor, ACM graduate and all round groove merchant providing some errrr...drums for your groove sir.

And of course you!! With your eclectic mix of wood and wires.

Here's my mobile number if anyone needs help with directions, etc.

07772 335138

[quote name='oldslapper' post='891071' date='Jul 10 2010, 09:13 AM']OK folks!

It's all on for tomorrow.

Modest line up of visitors for the afternoon include:

Derek Halliday, local luthier on set ups, general guitar care.

Ian Aird, local bass wizard, giving a "nutty solo jam thingy" for your entertainment

Ben Cornish, local drum tutor, ACM graduate and all round groove merchant providing some errrr...drums for your groove sir.

And of course you!! With your eclectic mix of wood and wires.

Here's my mobile number if anyone needs help with directions, etc.

07772 335138[/quote]
Sounds great me and the Mrs Rumble will be down that way to have a look round the area early in the day
I will bring my meager set up [attachment=53857:PICT0025.JPG]
plus [attachment=53858:DSC00700.JPG]
Tecamp Puma 350 and If someone had a barefaced Midget with them I could try all the various combinations I have in mind
see you all there

john

[quote name='silentbob' post='891583' date='Jul 10 2010, 08:35 PM']Do you have room for a bedroom noodler? I would really like to try and get down to this if i can sort out some childcare.[/quote]

Totally. Be great to see you there.
John

Want to be there and if I can sort things I will, though not 100% yet.

Planning to bring my Shukker JJB and the wobbly neck Fender P. I could poss bring the Gibson T'bird if anyone is interested.

I can bring ampage too - Ashdown 500 head, Neo2x10 and Neo1x15, if that is any use?

Edited by Marky L