Why become a member? ×

Moon JJ-4

jfader101

This is a rare bird indeed.

Moon JJ-4 'Jazz Style' Bass handmade in Japan. The build quality on this instrument is exceptional. Swamp ash body finished in black charcoal colour, in most light it looks black but if you catch it in sunlight it really brings out the greys, greens and blues of the finish. The electrics.. neck volume, bridge volume, bass boost/cut, treble boost/cut. The pickups are stock moon pickups as is the preamp. The neck is perfect condition no problems. There is one blemish to finish that I have included a close up picture of. This bass plays great, intonation is great all over the neck. I am upset to sell it, but needs must. It comes with a Hiscox hardcase.

£750

[attachment=47462:BED_1.JPG]
[attachment=47463:HEAD.JPG]
[attachment=47464:FLOOR.JPG]
[attachment=47553:BACK.JPG]
[attachment=47554:BED_2.JPG]
[attachment=47555:GRAIN.JPG]
[attachment=47556:BODY_MARK.JPG]
[attachment=47557:IN_CASE.JPG]

Edited by jfader101

[quote name='bubinga5' post='808502' date='Apr 16 2010, 03:24 PM']Very nice bass..love moon instruments..just out of interest why is it rare?

good luck with the sale[/quote]

I say rare because i'v never seen anybody other than Pino Paladino and Larry Graham playing moon basses.. Larry's got a all white one.. Pino's was the same color as this one but with chrome hardware..

[quote name='noelk27' post='808578' date='Apr 16 2010, 04:22 PM']A novel definition of the word "rare".[/quote]

I did a quick search and spotted that six or seven Moon JJ's have been in for sale threads here on BC.

Compared to Fender / Lakland / MusicMan etc I'd say that's 'relatively' rare whilst not fitting into the the 'super rare collectible' category :)

I really like the look of Moons - especially when in the hands of Larry Graham :rolleyes:

I have the same, in sunburst, with the same configuration, probably from the same period (early 90's ?)
These are absolutely wonderful instruments, between my F-bass, Atelier Z and '76 jazz, the Moon is my clear favourite - playability, tone, looks.
Free bump, someone is going to be very happy.

[quote name='Mike' post='808713' date='Apr 16 2010, 05:59 PM']I sold a Moon here recently. Loved it - absolutely amazing bass. Just no point having one with a Sadowsky 4 too![/quote]

I'm the lucky new owner of Mike's JJ4. Great bass, superb build quality, lightweight and resonant, loads of punch and a real joy to play.
[attachment=47560:Moon2.jpg]

Edited by ikay

[quote name='jfader101' post='808515' date='Apr 16 2010, 03:38 PM']I say rare because i'v never seen anybody other than Pino Paladino and Larry Graham playing moon basses.. Larry's got a all white one.. Pino's was the same color as this one but with chrome hardware..[/quote]

MB1. :)
..Have also seen Randy Hope Taylor (Incognito) playing Moon Basses!..

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='nemo' post='830924' date='May 7 2010, 07:05 PM']Hey, people, you don't know what are you missing - we are talking Sadowsky NYC quality here!

I would buy it in a second if I already didn't own one.[/quote]

I agree! :-)
so gutted to sell it