Why become a member? ×

nottingham bass bash

Geek99

[quote name='Geek99' post='783107' date='Mar 23 2010, 09:37 AM']So were the grosvenor willing to take booking with no deposit?

How many of those showing interest actually attended?[/quote]

BB will confirm, but I think several dropped out in the last day or two.

I would definitely attend!

[quote name='Geek99' post='783107' date='Mar 23 2010, 09:37 AM']So were the grosvenor willing to take booking with no deposit?

How many of those showing interest actually attended?[/quote]
Yep as far as i can remember

probably half to two thirds of people turned up, though i worked out that if you charge £3 on the door, you only need 17 people to turn up to pay for the room, i paid for it and ended up with a little sum left over which i donated to basschat

[quote name='budget bassist' post='783727' date='Mar 23 2010, 05:39 PM']Yep as far as i can remember

probably half to two thirds of people turned up, though i worked out that if you charge £3 on the door, you only need 17 people to turn up to pay for the room, i paid for it and ended up with a little sum left over which i donated to basschat[/quote]

Just a thought, but is there any prospect of one of the local retailers sponsoring the room? ie they pay for the hire of the room, on the basis that can bring a few bits of kit along for sale. I would have thought the prospect of a room full of local gear geeks / GAS victims would appeal to them?

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='budget bassist' post='783737' date='Mar 23 2010, 05:48 PM']Would be good to see you two there, pete![/quote]

Why, thank you kind sir.

We'll make every effort to get there and if my Barefaced Vintage is done by then I'll bring it along. :)

[quote name='simon1964' post='783743' date='Mar 23 2010, 05:53 PM']Just a thought, but is there any prospect of one of the local retailers sponsoring the room? ie they pay for the hire of the room, on the basis that can bring a few bits of kit along for sale. I would have thought the prospect of a room full of local gear geeks / GAS victims would appeal to them?[/quote]
Yeah that could be a good idea - one to ask shep (pantherairsoft) about as he works at the guitar and drum centre. It might be an idea to get on to fuzz as well, they have some interesting stuff.

I'll have a word with Andy and Dave at the Drum centre on Saturday... No promises but I'll certainly have a word when I'm in next!

UPDATE - Looks like it's a no go from the Drum centre... Back to the good old 'hire a room concept'.

Edited by pantherairsoft

• 1 month later...

Magnet while being a pretty good rehearsal facility is too dark and dingy for a Bass Bash. Plus the rooms aren't that well sound proofed from each other. My band was in there last night and while it was fine while we were playing, during the gaps between the songs the bands in the two neighbouring rooms were easily audible.

I've spent most of the afternoon trying to find a suitable venue for this bash. So far most pubs are booked up in July and August. I did try the Festival at Trowell before I decided to head home. He wanted £150 for their small function room and only had it free on the 15th of August.

If anyone knows of anywhere suitable and can get a few dates that's free it would be good.

[quote name='Johngh' post='831856' date='May 9 2010, 12:09 AM']I've spent most of the afternoon trying to find a suitable venue for this bash. So far most pubs are booked up in July and August. I did try the Festival at Trowell before I decided to head home. He wanted £150 for their small function room and only had it free on the 15th of August.

If anyone knows of anywhere suitable and can get a few dates that's free it would be good.[/quote]

What about the Grosvenor again? Their room was £50 last time, and parking is reasonable.

[quote name='simon1964' post='831862' date='May 9 2010, 12:19 AM']What about the Grosvenor again? Their room was £50 last time, and parking is reasonable.[/quote]

I don't live in Notts, so if someone wants to try to book the Grosvenor, then I'll give them a hand in setting the event up.