Why become a member? ×

nottingham bass bash

Geek99

[quote name='FlatEric' post='833056' date='May 10 2010, 01:41 PM']For the unwashed, what exactly is a Bass Bash? :)

Please enlighten the uninitiated. :rolleyes:

Cheers.[/quote]

In essence, local Basschat members turn up, share a few beers, have a go on each others gear, and come away with lots of GAS!

[quote name='simon1964' post='833067' date='May 10 2010, 01:57 PM']In essence, local Basschat members turn up, share a few beers, have a go on each others gear, and come away with lots of GAS![/quote]

Never been to a bass bash, but I've been to dos from other forums and this pretty much covers it.

When you're talking in text and it's so impersonal, it's nice to meet people and have a good natter and get to know the faces behind the usernames a bit.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' post='833216' date='May 10 2010, 04:35 PM']If I had the spare cash I'd go ahead and book.[/quote]
At the grosvenor, they don't ask for the cash up front, which is good, as last time i just went round and collected the money in a pint glass and took it to the bar and then took what was left over and stuck it in the basschat paypal account.

If someone can find out dates the room is free that would do it. It would save me a 20 mile trek into Notts. I'm quite happy to get things moving after that. Then we can get a list of names who are interested.
Once we get a date I can pin the topic at the top of General Bass Disscusion.

Maybe a weekend 4 weeks from now.

Weekend as a lot of people like me won't have college or work anyway and 4 weeks as it's enough time to garner extra interest and if you do need to book it off as a holiday day then usually your employer requires an advance notice of 4 weeks.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='833801' date='May 10 2010, 11:47 PM']Aye sounds good to me, i can't do weekdays really, nor would most other people i imagine.[/quote]

From what I can make out, are we talking about June 5th? :)

If the date is made firm, I'm sure a list of names will put up.

Cheers. :rolleyes:

I have a chance to enquire about availability for the room at the Grosvenor tomorrow. Can we have a rough consensus on dates?

Sunday June 6th - please make sure that there are no major sporting events on that afternoon that people might rather want to watch.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='836252' date='May 13 2010, 03:23 PM']I have a chance to enquire about availability for the room at the Grosvenor tomorrow. Can we have a rough consensus on dates?

Sunday June 6th - please make sure that there are no major sporting events on that afternoon that people might rather want to watch.[/quote]

6th June is good for me

[quote name='mcgraham' post='837254' date='May 14 2010, 03:04 PM']I'd love to come but I am sadly not around that weekend, so I wouldn't be able to bring my Wood&tronics beauties.[/quote]

oh it'll be a shame if you can't bring that W&T you brought last year, it must've had the lowest action i've ever played! it was an absolute beauty!

[quote name='mcgraham' post='837254' date='May 14 2010, 03:04 PM']I'd love to come but I am sadly not around that weekend, so I wouldn't be able to bring my Wood&tronics beauties.[/quote]
That's not good enough, we need a different date then. Wanna go on your fretless... :)

Ok seems a a fair few can't make the weekend of 5th 6th.

So another weekend further in the future should be called.

Any weekend is fine by me I'm lolucky enough to have it off every week.

It may probably do for people to note what they will take, for example I'll take my rig, so a few more people can try a compact out, and the OTB.