Why become a member? ×

nottingham bass bash

Geek99

I wasn't asking him to do it again (he did do a good job though)- 'any hints?' meant 'any advice on how to deal with the grosvenor, price the door etc'. I don't have lots of freetime (small baby, job with long hours etc look at my posting times), but all the current bashes appear to be miles away london, scotland etc

And I thought it was time we had our own. If I did it it would be pretty spit and sawdust - I can make a few calls but that's about it.

[quote name='Geek99' post='781341' date='Mar 21 2010, 05:57 AM']I wasn't asking him to do it again (he did do a good job though)- 'any hints?' meant 'any advice on how to deal with the grosvenor, price the door etc'. I don't have lots of freetime (small baby, job with long hours etc look at my posting times), but all the current bashes appear to be miles away london, scotland etc

And I thought it was time we had our own. If I did it it would be pretty spit and sawdust - I can make a few calls but that's about it.[/quote]
Oh ok sorry, the grosvenor was £50 i think last time, worked out about £3 on the door covered it, also food is a bit dodgy as they won't let you bring your own and if you want it catering buffet style, they want an exact headcount and i think about £5 per head, so i didn't bother

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='782776' date='Mar 22 2010, 09:31 PM']£5 tops seems fair.

If there's enough people, maybe ask Rob @ Magnet studios and hire out a large room or two...? He does snacks etc, has a backline of Ampegs, Mesa and a few others and we get both sealed rooms
and the foyer for loud/quiet spaces :)

Just an idea[/quote]

That's a top idea :rolleyes:

[quote name='budget bassist' post='782850' date='Mar 22 2010, 10:28 PM']ooh that IS a good idea! not seen how big the rooms at magnet are though, they have some amazing backline though![/quote]

The rooms aren't exactly small, but if there's a few people there, it'd be nicer to have a sit in a pub with a pint and chat rather than be stood around in a practice room with no decent lighting or ventilation.

Assuming there's no drummers coming for a jam, there's no need for soundproofed rooms anyway, plus I'm sure one or two people wouldn't mind bringing rigs (I wouldn't have any problems taking mine).