Why become a member? ×

Cetera's COMPLETE p*rn collection - update on Page 5!

cetera

[quote name='rmshaw37' post='905999' date='Jul 26 2010, 04:39 PM']i'm so pleased i've found you!

IS there another bass like the punisher - or even similar?

i'm in love with mine for all occasions, but obviously it doesnt look the part in all occasions!

cheers bud[/quote]

I've yet to come across anything similar feel-wise to the Punisher. Though looks-wise the Schecter Devil bass is pretty similar but has humbucking pickups....
[url="http://www.drumza.com/images/SchecterDV4DevilBass.jpg"]http://www.drumza.com/images/SchecterDV4DevilBass.jpg[/url]

Btw, if you ever want/need to sell your Punisher on... let me know! :)

[quote name='Wil' post='906016' date='Jul 26 2010, 04:48 PM']Mr Cetera, Mr Cetera!

As a man who owns a lot of Spectors, how do you rate the EMG-HZ pickup/SD preamp combo from the lower end Spectors compared to the "proper" EMGs + tonepump combo on the higher end models? Is there much in it?[/quote]

I've never actually played any of the lower end Spectors but I believe they have a great reputation at their price-point :)

The ReBop I used to have, and my Rex bass both have passive EMG-Hz humbuckers with Tonepump Jr active preamps and I think they sound great - very tight and focussed (not unlike a good Jazz bass). However, given the chance I would upgrade the pickups to full active EMG humbuckers as the tone from these is much fuller and bolder :rolleyes:

[quote name='cetera' post='906896' date='Jul 27 2010, 11:49 AM']I've yet to come across anything similar feel-wise to the Punisher. Though looks-wise the Schecter Devil bass is pretty similar but has humbucking pickups....
[url="http://www.drumza.com/images/SchecterDV4DevilBass.jpg"]http://www.drumza.com/images/SchecterDV4DevilBass.jpg[/url]

Btw, if you ever want/need to sell your Punisher on... let me know! :)[/quote]

sorry bud, not a chance - fits me perfectly, definately the easiest bass i've ever had to play live plus the emg p is ace!

taken the tone control out of mine and moved the jack socket in its place, also upgraded the wiring. went to see kiss on tour and noticed the j pup is pretty much screwed right down out the way!

just curious if the spector necks are similar? or what it might be modelled on.

amazing collection btw......... the mrs doesn't agree i need to try and rival it!

[attachment=55182:cool_rob.jpg]

Edited by rmshaw37

[quote name='gary mac' post='774926' date='Mar 15 2010, 09:27 AM']Once I have shown this thread to my good wife, I'm suspecting that she will never ever moan again about my collection of basses again.[/quote]
Now there's a good idea!

[quote name='Shockwave' post='906907' date='Jul 27 2010, 11:56 AM']Pretty sure you told me before, but is the Impact a short scale bass? Looks awfully small![/quote]

No, it's long scale.... it just looks tiny next to those two hulking Jazz basses! :)

[quote name='rmshaw37' post='907539' date='Jul 27 2010, 08:14 PM']sorry bud, not a chance - fits me perfectly, definately the easiest bass i've ever had to play live plus the emg p is ace!

taken the tone control out of mine and moved the jack socket in its place, also upgraded the wiring. went to see kiss on tour and noticed the j pup is pretty much screwed right down out the way!

just curious if the spector necks are similar? or what it might be modelled on.

amazing collection btw......... the mrs doesn't agree i need to try and rival it![/quote]

No worries, you know where I am if you change your mind :lol:
Yep, Gene doesn't use the J pickup live so he's lowered it right down, moved the selector switch out and put the jack on the front :)

I also own an original Spector 1976 SB1 bass (the one Gene's original Spector bass was modelled on) and I believe that is the model the Punisher neck was modelled on. Very long, quite slim and VERY playable!

The mrs? Bah, don't listen to her..... :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Sometimes something comes along which really surprises you....

I've recently benefitted from an amazing stupidly low-priced deal on the following bass. We're talking pocket money here chaps....! :lol:

It's a Jap-made Washburn 'Pat Badger' signature bass, fully loaded with active EMGs (non-standard on Washburns). From what I can discern, there were probably only 5 or 6 of these ever made of which Pat has 2 or 3...! :)
This particular bass came via the Washburn USA showroom and it appears to be a demo model of a signature bass line that never went fully into production.

A very nice collector-piece and a great sounding bass to boot! :)

Here are the sellers photos (haven't taken my own yet...):

Edited by cetera

[quote name='7string' post='1037661' date='Nov 26 2010, 12:27 PM']That Washburn's a real catch :)

Looks a bit like the Bantam model, which was designed by Grover Jackson and Kip Winger.[/quote]

Yep, I'm guessing that's the origin of this design....
No real difference in this sig model other than the EMG's methinks...

• 1 month later...

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1091551' date='Jan 16 2011, 04:45 PM']Do you think you suffer from GAS?? If anybody knows about this condition you should..I'm just looking forward to the day that you decide to part with the collection - there's going to be some stampede :) :lol:[/quote]

GAS? Me? :)
No..... not [i]any more[/i]!! :D
I [i]used to[/i] though... :lol:

It's good to know that, should I ever be forced to part with a large part of my collection, there is an orderly queue forming! :P :lol:

[quote name='cetera' post='1092375' date='Jan 17 2011, 12:29 PM']GAS? Me? :)
No..... not [i]any more[/i]!! :)
I [i]used to[/i] though... :P

It's good to know that, should I ever be forced to part with a large part of my collection, there is an orderly queue forming! :lol: :D[/quote]

Sorry, I'm not convinced that it will be "[i]orderly[/i]"..

• 2 years later...

OK, I figure it's update time. Recently had the chance to get all my basses together out of our storage facility..... so here is my collection as of today:

Dark Cherry Spector Euro LX & 80's Kramer Spector NS2A

Plum Spector Euro NSCRFM & Dark Purple stain Euro NSCR

1986 cherry sunburst US pre-Kramer Spector NS2 & 1989 tobacco sunburst US Kramer Spector NS2

White Spector EuroLX and white 1987 Kramer Spector NS2

White Spector Euro NS2JA-CR and 80's Kramer Spector NS2A

2 x Black 80's Kramer Spector NS2A's

Black 80's US Kramer Spector NS2 and Spector EuroLX 'Ian Hill' sig model

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]US custom holoflash Spector NS2 and a one-off 'red lava-crackle' US Kramer Spector custom shop [/color][color=#333333]sprayed NS2 built for and owned by Barry Dunaway [/color][color=#333333]of Saraya and the Yngwie Malmsteen Band and played on Yngwie's Odyssey tour/Live In Leningrad DVD[/color][/font][/size]

Black Spector Euro NS2JA-CR and 1976 pre-Kramer SB1 (one of the first Spectors ever built!)

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#333333]My 3 'Nikki Sixx' Spectorbirds.... or are they?[/color]
[color=#333333]These were in fact made by Fernandes back in 1990...[/color][/font][/size]

Spector Legend 4X in black stain & holoflash Spector Rex NS2000/4 (for sale!)

Very rare Jackson TBX custom and a holoflash Spector Legend 4X

Jackson 'Kip Winger' sig models

2 VERY rare US Hamer Impact basses from approx 1990

My blue basses.... a rare (& damaged) 80's Kramer Forum 1 (with snapped headstock - anyone fancy buying it off of me (minus pickups/electronics) to repair?) and a very rare all-blue 80's ESP Surveyor with blue fretboard

ESP 'Loudness "Masayoshi Yamashita" basses... A passive cream PPJ160 & a black active PPJ160 (for sale)

Peavey 'Rudy Sarzo' sig model and a silverburst Peavey 'Randy Jackson' sig model

Wal Mk1 Custom Fretless (1982) & Wal Mk1 Custom 'Geddy Lee' (2000)

My Fender Precision basses.... a black Jap 70's reissue of Phil Lynott's P & a cream Jap 60's reissue complete with flatwound strings...

My 70's reissue Jazz basses. A custom built off-white J bass with gotoh bridge & hotrodded Wizard pickups.... and a 'Geddy Lee' sig Fender Jazz.

Kramer Ferrington acoustic bass and a mega-rare unreleased Washburn 'Pat Badger' (of Extreme) prototype sig model (for sale)

My 'Gene Simmons' basses - Axe, Punisher and Very rare MG Staccato
[IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g87/dtkdemongene/xmas2009064.jpg[/IMG]

Various guitars....
[IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g87/dtkdemongene/xmas2009071.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by cetera