Why become a member? ×

Another "my band are a bunch of idiots" threads

thepurpleblob

Turned up to practice tonight after a one month hiatus due to the drummer "doing other things". Didn't get very far - drummer who clearly didn't want to be there then finds he has "lost" some of his stands and won't / can't play. Meanwhile, I finally learn a song that the guitarist has been hassling me to learn for months and he says "oh, that's good, but I don't actually know it myself". We have no gigs lined up until next year and nobody seems to care enough to go and find any.

Sigh! Anybody need a second rate bass player :)

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='640548' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:17 PM']Turned up to practice tonight after a one month hiatus due to the drummer "doing other things". Didn't get very far - drummer who clearly didn't want to be there then finds he has "lost" some of his stands and won't / can't play. Meanwhile, I finally learn a song that the guitarist has been hassling me to learn for months and he says "oh, that's good, but I don't actually know it myself". We have no gigs lined up until next year and nobody seems to care enough to go and find any.

Sigh! Anybody need a second rate bass player :)[/quote]

I seem to be in the same boat with my lot.

Anybody need a third rate bass player? :rolleyes:

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='640560' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:28 PM']I wouldn't care but by the time I have loaded up the car and all that stuff... it's about one hour each way and I've got better things to do quite frankly. Grrrrr[/quote]

Ouch! I only have to drive for about 10 minuets for my time to be wasted though TBH I have sod all better to do!

[quote name='bigthumb' post='640565' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:33 PM']Ouch! I only have to drive for about 10 minuets for my time to be wasted though TBH I have sod all better to do![/quote]

Doing sod all would have been a better thing to do :)

Edited by thepurpleblob

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='640691' date='Oct 30 2009, 06:56 AM']What if everyone above learned second instruments and formed your own band?

What if we did a thread of Basschatters who play second instruments AND are looking for a band?[/quote]

Lot to drink last night? .......I hope!! :)

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='640548' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:17 PM']Sigh! Anybody need a second rate bass player :)[/quote]

sorry, my bands already got one ;-)

I can sympathise 100% with what your going through. Ive stopped calling for rehearsals as i was always the only one that ever did any prep before hand.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='640691' date='Oct 30 2009, 06:56 AM']What if everyone above learned second instruments and formed your own band?

What if we did a thread of Basschatters who play second instruments AND are looking for a band?[/quote]

Actually I dont think thats such a bad idea. I was actually going to suggest something similiar although I was thinking about people who wanted to practice as I know there are quite a few people here who play guitar who may want the oppurtunity to practise in a non pressured way

Mind you it might end up with everyone arguing as everyone would want to be the bass player - now that would be a first !!!

Blob dude I feel your pain. But dont get yourself down. You may be a second rate bass player but you can play a five string. I`m a second rate bass player who plays a four string and I only use three of em!

Mabye we should start a support group.

Jez :)

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='641381' date='Oct 30 2009, 06:19 PM']Blob dude I feel your pain. But dont get yourself down. You may be a second rate bass player but you can play a five string. I`m a second rate bass player who plays a four string and I only use three of em!

Mabye we should start a support group.

Jez :)[/quote]

It was only because I was too stupid to know any better and I started with a five string!!

I'm having the same problems with one of my bands, but it's the guitarist "he never learns his songs" I have to learn the songs for him & then show him what to play!! it waste's so much time..

So if no one wants to play guitar i'll do it :)

I reckon a band made up of Angry bass players on second instruments would be a force to be reckoned with :brow: